Bring back old proving grounds

Since I see discussion about PVP in the Abyss all over the forums or Reddit, I support the return of the old arena, probably the most easiest solution :slight_smile:

+1 For returning the old arena, just saw a post on that on Reddit.

Have you tried the test server?

What is on the testserver? I don’t think CCP put the old arena up there.

Anyways, I would love to see it return to the game, c’mon CCP, you can do it!

Basically free ships and systems full of people who just want to fight.

This is not the same thing lol, in the old arena on TQ losses actually mattered.
CCPlz bring it back

1 Like

Matter? In what sense?

+1, support this

I agree that the old arena should come back, they can run the current events togheter with the old arena, Idk how that is not possible.

+1 for persistent Abyss arena with balanced concept.

Agree, bring it back, nothing wrong with the old arena

By adding these new ones they did as far I know, only thing I wonder is where does all that feedback come from? I never saw any posts on the Forums regarding the meta or the PVE before PVP etc which was mentioned in the dev blog 2 years ago.

Agree that removing the old arena was a bad move from CCP and that they should be brought back in the exact same way as it was before. I wanna see something taking the wrong gate after a tier 6 site :slight_smile:

After watching a lot of videos from the arena we had before the current PG events, I must say that these look fun and I want to have it back!

Agree. Bring it back please.

Yes, do it.

This was a stupid idea limiting it to weekends and limiting it to a subset of players instead of all Abyssal runners. This alone made me quit for months!

I want to be able to do matches in Weekdays nights too!

1 Like

Watched The Stratios no one expects, man that wants me to see the old arena back!

i still wish for the arena to come back :frowning:

1 Like

there will be an event to celebrate 2 years request: [Summer 2022 event] Celebrating 2 years request to bring back old arena - 180B in prizes! (July 14 - August 14)

1 Like

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night. Sweating.

The pod awaits me, in the Keepstar I sleep in. My ships, pristine but dusty, are stale in the hangar.

Not leaving the ground since two years, the brawl-fitted vagabond, and the various attack frigates, stare at my corpse, knowing the pod will not come in their hull anytime soon.

Yet, even I, the pilot, wish I was in those ships. The shivering while getting absorbed from a triglavian filament, sending my flesh and hull to a pocket of space we didn’t knew about some years ago. The fights, feeling passive and filled with boredom, follow eachother, one after the other, in a constant cycle of 15-20 minutes. Fly. Shoot. Gate. Repeat.

Like a subconscious mechanism, after the second gate warp, my eyes keep looking around the silent void, and desolate landscape that is the third room of the abyssal. Yet, only one gate remains. An origin conduit. This feels weird. It is as if, even though I knew the second conduit of the third room is gone, I would somewhat wish, and hold my breath once landing in the pocket, in hope to see the proving conduit gate be there, once more, just like at the start of the adventure.

Another day spent taking triglavian conduit gates, another day of wishing for a proving conduit gate. Another day of praying for its return. Another day for the brawl ships to stay in a hangar, desperate to see the light of the star hit their paintjob, heat their hull, and pre-heat their guns for a dogfight they will never see again.

1 Like

For those that started playing after the arena was removed: Twitch