Bring back the cyno frig

I’m sure you meant to say recon instead of covert ops frigate. Caps can’t jump to covert ops frigates. A bit longer skill training by the way.

No, she means exactly what she says. That was established many replies back, so feel free to ignore the context of the post and pick the author apart based on punctuation, spelling, and/or word choice. It’s how people in EVE operate and this is EVE, so no mercy, bad is bad, learn to forum, lolololol…

Don’t need to over-complicate things that way. You legit just need a trio of ships to get a capital ship beachhead cyno into a system. Or if you don’t want caps on field the ability to bridge an entire standard fleet in.

Covert frig to run any camps until it finds a decent spot. Lights covert cyno!
Blops bridges a Recon to the covert cyno. Recon lights standard cyno!
All caps within range are now free to bridge or jump to the standard cyno.

You legit only have to seriously risk a 30-50m isk fitted hull that can light a covert cyno for the initial insertion. Covert scan frigates, bombers, and Prospects are all valid options. The relatively expensive 400m+ recon cruiser is only at significant risk right when you are going to hop your capital ship anyways. (And have hopefully found a dead system to insert from) The blops hull is practically not going to be at risk at all if you aren’t stupid about it.

And if you are playing the solo nomad you yourself chose the hard road. You can deal with the devs making that route harder… or you can group up which is the expected play pattern of those intending to live in sov null. Not to mention having the blops alt means you just bridge a blockade runner via covert cyno out when you need to extract the loot.

So either you deal with needing several significantly trained alts to be truely self-sufficient or you can just keep complaining that your easy button of convenience got taken away. The devs want stuff of value at risk to actually get blown up. And capital ships initially were considered a group level asset more than just a solo player suitcase.

or I unsub and vote with my wallet…which is what happened.

Ok bye. Nothing has been lost.

1 Like

So play the way we tell you, not how you want. got it.

I used to think it was a sand box mmo where I could play my own way but apparently its not.

Within established rules. Agreeing with those rules is optional of course.

You should tweak the rules in a sand box, but never completely change them. It divides the player base and now some refuse to go forward and some will refuse to go back. Fully accepted nonsense is better than half accepted nonsense.

All the your just whiny if you don’t like the way it is people are the same ones who whined originally to get it changed. It’s ridiculously hypocritical. If its no big deal, just do it different, then its no big deal the other way too, as in just leave it the same as it always was.

Yep just more Null Sec Primary Salt Production. They should just have one big thread for all the pointless Null sec whining.

You have no idea what your talking about, clearly.

Its called adapting to change.

Used to be a more common theme, until players got fat and lazy. :smiley:

pfft…just one more example of the game becoming a p2w job. It’s just another 50mil/500mil/blops bs/third account. Adapt (pay more) or leave.

That’s **** game design. If the rules are broken badly enough to justify a major change then they should receive a major change. You don’t cling to bad mechanics just because you’re terrified that change might make people unhappy.

HTFU. Learn to take some risks. Jump your JF to a Cov Ops Frig in the center of Amamake and enjoy the rush…

I did something similar with a Dread once. Jumped straight to a station-less system near Jita, saw the standby prober log in as the system loaded, MWD-Warped to a certain interval of AU safe spot and engaged my cloak.

In like slim just short of a buzz-cut. Almost gave me goose-pimples.

You could also not fly carriers, and fly subcaps? You move your carrier to presumably rat and buy plex off the isk you make, and now it’s gotten a bit more expensive to plex your account you start complaining?

I’m crying real tears right now, because some extreme niche gameplay got harder… in an extreme niche game. Figure that one out.

In any case, I don’t really think Scary is wrong since CCP didn’t make a good design to begin with. Now they are making a tweak to their broken game, and this is what you expect from your players when you leave problems festering for a decade or longer.

Cynos used to bring large scale battles, now they just bring stagnation, rmt, and botting.

Tweaking is better than #@$%ing undermining the sand box. I believe there are many better, easier options to solve these problems and make game play more interesting than what was done.

Example:

Cyno’s: limit them to one jumping ship. Simple, easy, and balanced.

Think of the extra precious seconds, organization, and balance something like this can bring to blops attack/defence, slowing down the escalation of the defender, who has to jump, maybe wait on a timer, then have to pop another cyno to bring ship 3…all while allowing the omg #$##ing kill me of personal logistics to be fast and bearable again instead of another expensive time sink.

Blops: Make bridging BS ships have to jump too. Give their bridges a mass like a WH so they can only bring so many ships. Adds balance and now the attacker needs to bring similar isk/risk to the battlefield as the defender.

The change as it occurred hurt the people doing mundane things more than the NS alliances. Not working as intended.

If i was plexing why would I vote with my wallet and not pay? I am withholding real money atm, not in game currency tyvm.

How does it undermine the sandbox? Nothing about the concept of a sandbox game guarantees that the mechanics will never change significantly.

Cyno’s: limit them to one jumping ship. Simple, easy, and balanced.

IOW, wreck large fleet fights by requiring an unreasonable number of cyno ships and keep the ability to drop a capital ship into every random fight. And then people like you would still cry that the sandbox is “undermined” because a major change happened.