Buff Mining barges

I would disagree with that, mining players have to have a ship that can be a challenge for a solo player multi-boxing Catalysts in large numbers. Having a fully tanked Skiff enables you to tank 13 Catalysts and that is needed against the many ganker multi-boxers. If CCP were to reduce the tank of a Skiff then they must apply account restrictions in return.

Found the HiSeccer…

No, they don’t. What they need is to be at the keyboard and paying attention. The Procurer aligns fast enough that there’s more than enough time to warp off if you’re paying attention. Also, the Procurer is fast enough, even with an afterburner, to orbit rocks and be absolutely impossible for a multiboxer to gank.

The tools are already there. What you want is laziness.

No. LOL who do you think you are? Get out of here.

Starts with an insult, or at least you think it is an insult, been in hisec, lowsec, nullsec, WH space every so often, even Trig space too. But as we are talking about hisec then hisec it is.

So why are you pushing to decrease the tank if they are fast enough to warp out? Remember you are asking to reduce the tank of ships that you are telling me that you cannot catch?

Nope it is a totally valid reply, as a solo player I want to be able to withstand another solo player excessively multi-boxing and the skiff does just that. Remove that then I want a corresponding decrease in allowed accounts in return.

If you think that’s an insult you really missed the point.

No, you just imagined we were, but we’re actually not.

I never said I couldn’t catch them? Dude, seriously. Go up. Reread.

lol no. The entire game isn’t about you. No participation trophies.

If you want as a solo character to withstand 13 characters it would be a good idea to team up with 12 other barges and mining boosters.

But that isn’t even needed, a single skiff or procurer will already require multiple characters to get killed in high sec space.

2 Likes

But how does that help when all 13 characters run by another solo player all blast me in unison? Mining boosts? can’t see how that helps much in this situation.

Repairs from Porpoises, all drones on Catalysts, enough of them will die to not be able to kill you.

translation of this post: salt gank catalyst ■■■■■■■ weak catalysts salt salt salt blah blah blah random reasons goon catalyst gank blah blah salt salt MTU salt salt

In my experience they gank the porpoise. Some people just really don’t get it.

If you have 12 other people with you, presumably they can be in boosting ships providing shield links + remote reps…

Also, you completely ignored the fact that if you’re at the keyboard, paying attention, and orbiting a rock with an Afterburner (or even without!) you’re nearly impossible to gank.

Agreed, You really don’t get it.

1 Like

Agreed, I’d go for the Porpoise too. Still, that leaves 60 drones from the 12 other Procurers to kill the Catalysts before Concord shows up, which may actually save the Porpoise.

Oh Renly is coming too, this topic is going to be fun.

2 Likes

Not sure what your metric is there, but I can tell you mine. The number of retrievers, hulks, mackinaws and coveters on the KB says procurers and skiffs are not nearly so attractive that miner kills are a thing of the past.

I can’t see why people who chose a safer ship need to be punished for it when plenty are opting for the risky ship.

1 Like

He said mining boosts.

Having an AB reduces the tank, it is a trade off actually.

Well I seem to have got it rather well:

Drones have been nerfed a bit and aggressive is not so aggressive, so you have to send the drones on them now, or at least that is my understanding of how drones now work. Still while it can reduce the DPS a bit getting all the drones engaged is a bit difficult to do quickly as they have to burn to them too, often mining fleets are spread out on different rocks. In fact 60 drones might well be as low as 10.

I said ‘mining boosters’, you know, those ships with bonuses to shield links and remote repairs?

1 Like

And I said shield boosts.

Awwww boohoo, heaven forbid you have to make a trade-off. But try thinking about this for a second; if you’re orbiting a rock at 400m/s, they can’t sit a cloaky warpin on you. They have to warp to 0 on the belt or warp to the rock you’re mining via bookmark. Then they have to slowboat 10-15km to you… you have plenty of time to leave if you’re paying attention to DScan. You don’t even need a tank.

Nope, cuz Porpoises can receive remote reps.

Sounds like you had a little change of heart. Good. That was smart. Cause I was about to suggest you fly your Procurer in high sec and I contact a multiboxer I know…

In English please.

??? I don’t even know what you’re talking about. I suspect neither do you.

I think this guy just want bot barge to be more stronger

1 Like

Oh my bro. You are really painting yourself in a corner.

I know you are not new to the game but are you new to the forum?