Buff Mining barges

Oooh, are you trying to tell me that you’re the resident troll, and to just ignore you from now on? Okay, will do. o/

I think you need to work on your reading and comprehension a bit because that first couple of paragraphs made total sense.

You seem to be talking like a low sec, nullsec or WH player. I actually skimmed the belts aligned to safes and switched rocks on each cycle as they come into range. Since doing that I have not lost a mining ship in lowsec. IN fact you can often mine with people in system, do you do that?

Oh no… you’re telling me drones don’t work well because the miners are AFK?

No. I just asked you a simple question. I see on the KB that you are an old player, but the way you talk and fail to understand some pretty simple posts suggests you are new here. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want. In fact, you can refuse all the help you like and sink while we applaud. Your call.

1 Like

No I was asking about the recent drones changes on aggressive setting, nothing to do with AFK even if you really want it to be so…

Then explain it.

I play everywhere, and I do everything.

Thanks for agreeing with me that Procurers don’t need the amount of tank they have.

Well if the miners aren’t AFK, does it matter that the drones do not automatically agress the attackers? It shouldn’t be hard to lock a Catalyst and set your drones on it.

Any comment on the time for the drones to get there, 60 drones does not mean 60 drones worth of DPS, in fact you are often lucky to get about 10.

It works if you remember to also adjust your target from one to several roids and onto the cat…you may need to unlock a target to do this. And that is after you have started moving if you weren’t already…and made your decision between fight and flight in time…and…probably something I forgot in there…

1 Like

You should have decided in advance with the other miners whether your group is going to run or fight. If half of the group warps off that’s very harsh for the ones left behind who do want to fight.

Unlocking roids to be able to target a Catalyst sounds like a big obstacle. /s

1 Like

Lock time is a real issue on reflection. I have been in belts when others got attacked and locked the attacker up and sent drones on them and did not get a hit on them even in a 0.5 system with top drone skills. Gankers just try to make up so much about the difficulty of ganking.

Is it my imagination but are the people posting now even less aware than the people who used to post this rubbish before, sure seems that way.

Lock time on a Catalyst from a mining barge is how long? I seem to recall it takes an absolute age so your comment on drones is just guff, sorry Gerard, it is guff.

Though perhaps I am thinking of how painful an Orca is in terms of this, with that thing you have not even finished locking them before CONCORD arrives and blows them up…

Less than 3 seconds, if you didn’t gimp your fit with warp core stabilizers.

1 Like

I have seen high sec miners make proper groups before…at least once. Uh…it might be where I frequent but most miners I see are mining alone or with alts…and don’t trust the other miners…and for good reason.

Its not, if its all you have to do.

Its sort of like remembering your keys before you exit the house. Its a real easy, simple task…except the dozens of other real easy simple tasks distracted you and that’s why so many people walk out without their keys in the morning.

“Oh no, I forgot to lock the enemy ship and now I cannot shoot at it!”

Like that?

You mean there’s people who have trouble with that in this game? Past the tutorial?

1 Like

Yeah it’s not like you can a hotkey or anything fo- oh, wait a second…

Meanwhile, what they don’t want to respond to because it absolutely destroys their argument:

1. Boosters providing shield boosts
  2. Boosters also providing remote reps
  3. The Procurers orbit asteroids at 14k.
  4. No one will be able to even catch them to gank, and if so, there’s shield links + reps.
  5. Ergo, Procurers do not need the tank they have. They just need a competent, non-lazy pilot who’s paying attention.

Porucerers are oppressive. They have battlecruiser tanks and this is absolutely uncalled for on a t1 barge. Even the T2 version is ridiculous, and it’s unjustified.

What difference does that make?

Not at all, I need a ship with the tankl to be a challenge for my opponent and the Skiff does just that.

It makes no real difference mate.

You were whinging about how long it takes to unlock asteroids… there’s literally a hotkey you can set dude.

1 Like

No. They lock the enemy and hit the hot key for their drones to engage but nothing happens. They hit it again. Nothing. Boom. They died. What went wrong?

Well, they are miners who are targeting multiple roids. They are not used to switching targets under pressure. I ran with AG guys plenty used to combat who had to work at that to kill multiple red flashies…and they were not even concerned for their own safety.

Look, the deck is stacked in half a dozen ways against miners. On the one hand, it is reflective of reality because muggers and other violentards always do have an advantage over the average Joe just going about his business. On the other hand, its not much fun for a video gamer.

So they’re bad at the game and get killed for it.

What is the issue?

2 Likes

That’s like a rich kid, born into wealth, telling poor people born into poverty that they are bad at finance.

I am not sure what part of having every advantage is confusing here. All gankers do is gank in ships designed for nothing but ganking. Miners have a load of other concerns besides gankers.

Earlier you suggested fitting a WCS gimped their ship. In a sense, yes. But they have also gimped their ship for mining by fitting all sorts of combat/defense modules…despite the fact they are there to mine.

1 Like