Buff Mining barges

Mining ships are only going to get nerfed hard in the next quadrant.

You think CCP Rattati would ever do anything that wasn’t a nerf or helped miners in any way?

1 Like

Except this is a game and anyone can learn how to lock targets.

2 Likes

Again, you are ignoring all the extra steps and other concerns/distractions. You are expecting miners to be proficient and survive in a combat situation in a mining ship that was designed for two things…mining and exploding.

AGers in combat vessels see a situation and often know immediately that even they, in their expensive well fit combat ship with only one job…prevent the gank…will not be able to save that retriever, mackinaw, hulk or covetor…simply because they have to wait until the gankers have opened fire to open fire themselves.

But you are going to sit there and insist that miners in mining ships are just bad at the game??

I am not sure why you so dedicated to such an unreasonable concept.

In case you had not yet noticed, the Procurer and Skiff are also designed for a third thing: battle. Huge amount of hitpoints and drone damage bonuses make this a dangerous ship to attack.

Are you trying to fool us, or yourself?

Yeah it actually does.

Honestly guys what’s wrong with the current dynamic XD?

Retrievers are for solo mining huge hold Porcs are the tanky barges but smaller hold

Corvetors are the fastest miners with also a smaller hold

Corevetors,retrievers have glass tank anyways but have nice upsides. Why is this thread even here? I don’t even see a reason for it.

3 Likes

Yes. But miners are playing to mine. Which is why other ships better at mining are so common, or they go with an Orca.

Are you saying that if they don’t fly a procurer or skiff they must suck at the game now?

Look man, their game is mining. Their game isn’t ganker thwarting. And if it was? They might get away with it a few times but then they would get marked.

They can choose to fly a mining ship unsuitable for combat.

But if they then get into combat because they forgot to check D-scan and forgot to warp off in time, that’s called a ‘learning opportunity’.

2 Likes

Do this. Do that. Do the other thing. Don’t forget to X.

For Bob’s sake man, when you are going to realize people have limits? Multiboxing a small ganker crew also takes concentration and effort but they rarely fail a gank on a mining ship and the reasons are pretty obvious.

1 Like

Yes, people have limits. People make mistakes.

That’s why this game is so much fun, you never know what’s going to happen because mistakes happen all the time at all sides.

I keep losing stuff to mistakes too. Pretty much every one of them is a learning opportunity. Or just a slap on my back 'don’t do that again you stupid. Will it save me next time? Hopefully.

2 Likes

Well of course XD A retriever has ZERO tank a corvetor also has Glass tank? AND?..

It’s a glass tank for a reason you know.

Its a fair question.

I would say that before people learn not to fly barges and exhumers that go boom so easily, they learn not to mine at all…often by way of not playing EVE.

So I support a buff that makes them more survivable in high sec with regard to ganking.

1 Like

It can be fairly tanky if fitted for it…but it won’t mine well. What’s it for again? That’s right! Ganker bait. That’s what its for. Of course a lot of people think its for mining…because people are fools who believe the surface presentation…and CCP knows that.

:popcorn: Is following this thd like watching a live stream???

2 Likes

Yes, because if people don’t explode in their mining barges they learn how to play better. /s

What’s wrong with losing a few mining barges until you know how to survive?

It’s meant for a huge ore hold. All the ore your holding costs the ships ability to tank. That’s a fair trade off?

1 Like

Nothing if that is what actually happens. But IS it? I have doubts.

You mean something else happens? Like that they don’t ever learn how to keep their barges alive? Or that they stop playing EVE because they figure out a harsh game where you need to pay attention and can lose all you have worked for is not suited for them?

Well, does if have to explode EVERY time? Ganker success rates on them seem high to me. Can’t they deal with an occasional fail?

1 Like

That’s something I can agree with.

CONCORD response time is too predictable for all parties involved.

Rather than for example 10 second response time, I would rather see it like 50% chance of response within 8-12 seconds, 25% response time within 6 seconds and 25% response time after 14 seconds.

Make it less predictable. Not safer, but just less predictable.

3 Likes