Bug, exploit, or scammer paradise?

Or, as they’re called in the UK, Imperial measurements. Not English measurements.
(In the UK, we don’t use imperial for much these days. Miles, sure. And human heights and weights. Pretty much everything else is in metric, which just makes more sense.)

4 Likes

Meh, King’s English or proper English like Americans speak, just kidding, you know what I meant so stop trying to be cheeky.

1 Like

Yea that looks like 3.4 Billion ISK at first glance. But it isn’t.

Regional differences* in the use of decimal separators and different uses of the long and short scales makes it easy to accidentally mess up trading with these large numbers, and a mistake of three zeroes will be a costly one.

When in doubt, count the zeroes.

*Your amount of 3 400 000 000 000 ISK would actually be 3,4 ‘Biljoen’ ISK where I’m from (the Netherlands), or 3400 ‘Miljard’ ISK. Still a 1000 times more than you would expect. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Especially when I typically deal in 00 or 000 as I’m not lucky enough to have that problem in real life counting my billions much less millions, not even hundreds of thousands, or tens of thousands…now I’m sad.

You should file a feature request where Aura pops up and advises you when the value requested exceeds the estimated value of the goods provided by a large margin

(That was a joke.)

At times like these I wish Clippy were around to give me good advice…

1 Like

This is true for market offers though, just not for contracts.

I sold my first ever contract in Jita local by calling it “definitely a scam contract”.
True story.

Then I sweet-talked another player into free T2 rigs in a Bhaalgorn by promise of some sort of pictures…

I miss the old Jita…
wait…
no I don’t!

WTF is with you CCP apologists? The way they print numbers might be accurate, but it’s completely stupid.
Kind of like me telling people that I’m 0.00113636 miles tall. Accurate…but stupid.

2 Likes

Nice tears. Nobody even lost anything. I love it.

1 Like

i recommend this game , its very good and helps with this scam

not kidding its a great puzzler , and teachs math

I like these built into games, NMS does something similar but more logic puzzles when trying to unlock those outposts we find.

Err, I hope that was directed at the OP.

I do math for a living…

i reply to you because you were very coherent iin your math post , i even got you a heart :heart:
not for you, but this game ROCK try it you will love it

1 Like

It’s not really fine print though.

Your picture’s cleary show a significant price difference to the other contracts. They are even ordered by price!

If you fall for something that isn’t clear at first glance, you’re obviously not taking enough glances. Always double check the information when it comes to contracts. Always.

2 Likes

You know that’s right. :shushing_face:

The real question here is who needs a game like this or finds math fun?

Math is hell out of itself…and avoiding it at any cost is the only real way to deal with it…

I couldn’t and cannot see any reason or logic or fun in a math problem form my first day at school 'til today,i simply do not understand them and i find proud in the words :I am anti-mathematic… :slight_smile:

Math isn’t only fun, it’s also incredibly useful. Similar to logic.

Which may explain why you don’t like math.

4 Likes

He just doesnt like fun

Checking the price is for poor people.

Bring back margin trading! :stuck_out_tongue: