Bug, exploit, or scammer paradise?

me to i hate math
but this game is very good , duno why , but it is lol

Do you know how many accounts that takes via raf to unlock? Lots and lots + $$$ was spent so if they want 4000 billion then it is what that is worth to that person.

The fact it was so below market to the OP was probably a giveaway too tbh

1 Like

Well, about time you sat down and learned some, then! :wink:

1 Like

Maybe if you were better at math, you’d be able to make the calculations necessary to empower you to realize that being a carebear actually makes little, if no financial sense at all.

Now we know why, at least.

1 Like

Who finds working and playing with math fun?

Spreadsheet nerds, that’s who.

It is not a bug, clicking it and losing all your isk and having to plex for more is a “feature”, not a bug.

I wonder if this scam ever worked, at least once… drunken trillionnaires looking for contracts maybe?

The truly rich compartmentalize their money to prevent stuff like this from happening due to misclicks, compromised accounts, cat-on-keyboard, etc.

yes, the bg is that CCP write B when the international unti says G
1000 = 1k
1 000 000 = 1M
1 000 000 000 = 1G
1 000 000 000 000 = 1T
1 000 000 000 000 000 = 1P

Imagine how confusing big numbers must be for germans who do not speak english:

While up to a million there is not much of a difference in regards to the words representing certain numbers from there onwards it does change quite a bit.

English -> German

Hundred = Hundert
Thousand = Tausend
Million = Million (pretty clear up to this point)
Billion = Milliarde
Trillion = Billion
Quadrillion = Billiarde

The german language is just silly sometimes :).

1 Like

Yet B and BN are the abbreviations that most people use and understand; never have I seen G used to represent a billion in currency.

1 Like

You’ve never heard of a Gigadollar before? What are you, poor?

5 Likes

A guy at work was hassling me about me not using the metric system, even though most of the units the guy called “metric” weren’t even real SI units. He liked “bar” for pressure. I called him out on his use of the “metric ton” - which ought to be the Megagram. He never brought up the issue again. Although he still uses bar. The “metric” people are a strange bunch.

The metric people are all but three countries. And the three that live in the exceptionalism of imperial measurements are actually base metric as well. They just convert.

lol nope, I must be a poor.

I’ve amended the post slightly to specify currency, I forgot all about Gigawatts which is shameful because I’m an electrician by trade.

2 Likes

Apparently until 1974 big numbers were confusing for people who did speak english as well, as the long scale (million, millard, billion, billiard etc) used to be the official standard in the UK, where the short scale (million, billion, trillion, quadrillion etc) used to be the official standard in the US. UK adopted the US system, but a lot of countries are using long scale.

It’s not the german language that’s silly here, it’s English! :stuck_out_tongue:
(Tbh neither is silly. The only silly thing is news reporters who frequently translate an English ‘billion’ to a Dutch ‘biljoen’ without realising one’s a thousand times more than the other… :frowning: )

2 Likes

I would think there are ISO standards that cover currency and accounting, rather than using SI standards.

metric people here
ohh my ship goes 3000 m/s… ok .,… thats 3 km/s btw :heart: