Bumping Is nothing more than a protection racket

Bumping in itself isn’t a protection racket. You have to add finesse.

2 Likes

It’s not “your fault”. You just weren’t aware you were stepping on someone else’s turf. I guess you are new, as The New Order of Highsec, also known colloquially as CODE. because of their alliance ticker, have been around since 2012 and have steadfastly enforced their claim to highsec. The Code itself applies to things well beyond mining - pretty much anything you do in highsec that doesn’t respect the “nowhere is safe” credo of Eve is verboten. Perhaps study the text a few more times.

But regardless, I am still not sure what your thread is about. Do you just not like that CODE. are a bunch of extortionists who demand tribute for operating in highsec, the space they claim as their own? Well that’s part of the game. You can defy them, comply and get a permit, fight them, or even join them as you prefer, but they are one of the bad guys of highsec. We have enough Code threads, but sure, I guess we can have another discussing their business model. They are, after all, the most relevant organization in all of Eve.

Or you just objecting to the fact you think they weren’t following their own rules? If so, you probably should take that up with the Agent that exploded you, or if you don’t get satisfaction, escalate your objection to the proper representatives of the New Order, or even @James_315, the saviour of highsec himself.

3 Likes

OP this is not a solo game.

Anyone can attack you whenever they want. Its up to you to stop this from happening. Dont moan about it, stop it from happening.

3 Likes

Eve is like flying a helicopter; it’s a load of different things just waiting to go wrong and explode on you.

A player’s job is similar to that of the helicopter pilot’s, to stop that shite from happening.

5 Likes

That is your fault, period.

2 Likes

From what you wrote, you were scrammed, not bumped. I was wondering about how you got bumped.

3 Likes

This looks like a case of The Phantom Provision.

3 Likes

So you don’t know and just talk. Ok

4 Likes

Your story has nothing to do with bumping. So your original post is just a vicious slander against the outstanding agents of CODE. alliance. I suspect that you have been less than respectful in your other behaviors as well, which may have prompted them to remove your ship. The lesson here is: be respectful and fly CODE compliant (which includes having a proper permit).

4 Likes

Interesting,

Do you think bad behavior is acceptable if the people really really want to do it and have a nice story?

The end justifies the means? Ir perhaps “anything is ok if you have the power to get away with it”?

Now, unexpectedly, I’d actually like to hear your position on something: #metoo. For or against?

No, no no no no. None of that here, thanks. <3

5 Likes

Can you rephrase that question so that it is clear what you are talking about in the context of the computer game?

Can you rephrase that question so that it is clear what you are talking about in the context of the computer game?

We don’t discuss politics in this forums

6 Likes

What’s interesting is that you’re continually deflecting the question people ask based on your statements, you’ve yet to post a straight answer to many of those questions.

Do you think bad behavior is acceptable if the people really really want to do it and have a nice story?

Bad behaviour is defined by cultural norms, what is unacceptable in one place can be acceptable in another; an example would be Eve, where acts that are considered to be bad behaviour, and thus banned,in other games, are explicitly allowed.

By the cultural norms of other games the actions of some Eve players could be lead them to be considered badly behaved arseholes; by Eve’s cultural norms they are playing within the loose set of rules we’ve been given and are considered to be just another player.

A real world example would be some cultures consider the eating of certain animal products to be offensive, whereas others consider the same animal products being eaten to be the norm.

The end justifies the means? Ir perhaps “anything is ok if you have the power to get away with it”?

In an environment where such activity is allowed it’s perfectly fine, in one where it is not, it isn’t.

Now, unexpectedly, I’d actually like to hear your position on something: #metoo. For or against?

No real world politics or other controversial real world topics TYVM, it’s against the rules.

5 Likes

Bumping is not a protection racket. CODE permit enforcers are NOT offering any protection whatsoever. We are merely collecting legal taxes for the government of high-sec. Please kindly obtain your permit, or pay any fines you accrue from illegal mining. Remember, smuggling is a crime under the New Halaima CODE of Conduct!

3 Likes

It is an extortion racket though, in the sense of “that’s a nice Orca, it would be a shame if something happened to it”

That said, all taxes are, at their most basic level, extortion, albeit with the full force of the law behind them.

3 Likes

You guys just don’t learn don’t you? Just stop talking to them… They will do like commies… if the reality smash their ideology, they will distorting reality itself to fit in their ideology. That by adding new rules, codes, or just spiting on their own code and ganking with bot behavior by not talking a single word in local like I saw many times. Just stop arguing with them and let them rot …

lol Reminds me of the people who resolved to ignore us back in 2012.

That worked out great for them! :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah I knew you would say something like that, good ! Here, have a chocolate.

I don’t really feel like you’re letting me rot right now.

3 Likes

:woozy_face: