Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

Thanx for the info: I’ve learned it the hard way, but I have done it, eventually, the very cheapo way.

So, could you point me out to some relevant link regarding those kind of algorithms, because the ‘normal’ info says that the burner jaguar has a fixed max range (optimal + falloff etc).

edit:
I’ve just found this:

• Expected damage per shot = normal damage * F
  • F = [min(chance to hit, 1%)3 + max(0,chance to hit - 1%)(0.99+chance to hit)/2]

source:
https://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1195986

max damage = weap_alpha*3
if the chance to hit you is 1% or less, then taken damage will always be max damage.

Go on the eve uni tracking page, it’s explained.
The formula seems correct to me.

Here’s the E-Uni wiki page referenced above.

An excerpt from the damage section states:

“But the surprising part of damage mechanic is that the damage calculations are linked to hit chance calculations. At the heart of each turret’s damage output is a single randomly generated value between 0 and 1 that is several digits long. This random number is used to determine both if the turret hits and how much damage it does. Unfortunately, the misses are those random numbers that would have caused the most damage. If the random number is less than 0.01 (1% chance) a special case occurs, a perfect hit, these will always deal exactly 300% of the base damage. A funny result of this is that when the hit chance is 1% or less, only misses and perfect hits can occur.”

This is exactly what I observed: only misses hits for minutes over minutes (no damage), then a single hard hit, and then again more minutes without any hit at all. Roughly 1 hit in 5 minutes (I remained there only to observe this impulsive behavior, to better understand it). I’ve understood the mechanism only when I’ve seen the formula: it looks like an unwanted side effect, honestly.

You might be able to make a case that it was initially unintended since it stems from the server only generating one random number per shot that’s then used to calculate both hit chance and damage values. The alternative would be to generate two random numbers, which would require extra processing for each shot. Of course, it’s not normally even noticeable except for these edge cases where the hit chance is extremely low. On the other hand, EVE is full of mechanics that were initially unintended and then later embraced by the developers.

I made a video of the Gurista’s Base, it’s still a pain in the butt to run, and doubt the rewards are worth it.

general strategy:
Dragonfly fighters: double web fighter and click approach, they fly away at 0 transversal. maybe pulse ab. When traversal drops, heat guns for first fighter, and kill asap. these guys hurt, you tank will break if you don’t start killing. Heat on the tank might be needed. Depending on how much heat damage you have might be worth using some heat on the second in each wave as well.

Mantis fighter bombers: Heat Fed navy web while approaching with afterburner, typically 2 cycles. I was turning my ab off once I got inside 14km, don’t really need to get any closer with rails. Always be moving! With base speed torps hit for ~100 if you slow down torps will hit for 500+

misc:
*make sure your drones are attacking a bomber and not trying to kill the wyvern on their own.
*Might be worth bringing javelin ammo for the fighters. perfect range matching and any tracking bonus probably helps. need to reload fairly often, and with 5s reload can easily do it between spawns.
*drones I just threw EM drones in there as it said they were shield tanked.

Fit: can play with the meta level on the hardeners, video has a faction AB as that’s what was in my hangar, but shouldn’t make a difference.

[Vigilant, Gurista Base]

Core B-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpus B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Stasis Webifier II
10MN Afterburner II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800

250mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Anti-EM Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Acolyte II x5
Acolyte II x5

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x1320
Navy Cap Booster 800 x15

3 Likes

Quick questions. What happened to the Cerberus fit for the Burner Talos Serpentis Base (there was also a cap stable one at one point) and the Onyx fit for the Burner Ashimmu Blood Base? (also cap stable) Are these no longer viable or just take too long to complete compared to some of the others?

the onyx is still viable arthur.

base serpentis is the longest of the missions (bar base guristas maybe)

A good chunk of time is used to make the 180+180+120 = 480 km

now compare the raw speed of hacs.
vaga 295
munin 250
deimos 230
cerberus 220
zealot 210
eagle 202
sacrilege 200
ishtar 175

though the eagle/cerberus have good resists, they lack the speed to match a vaga that can sig tank the taloses.

Otherwise I think a blinged ishtar could snipe the thaloses from afar.

Maybe.
[Ishtar, wallet warrior]
Shadow Serpentis Assault Damage Control
Setele's Modified Co-Processor
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer
Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer

Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Pith X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field

Unit D-34343's Modified Drone Link Augmentor

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit II
Medium Drone Scope Chip II

Warden II x5

I think the ADC allows to tank the three taloses during the time you need to kill the firsT. Just drop the sentry, activate hardeners+ rep, wait for taloses to hit you … then activate ADC, sentries should have finished the first one, you should be shield stable (actually even vs the three)

I tried the cerb on the blood base and here’s a link to my fit, I think it should still be current. That said I didn’t like it much, and prefer the gila, and I still need to play around with the new c3-x damage mod. I imagine a similar onyx fit would also work, there’s an onyx fit in the link but it’s an XL-ASB fit.

I can’t see why the cerb wouldn’t work for the talos base, has the right resists and should have plenty of damage, and probably easy to get cap stable with a battery. Just a bit slow, heated it goes as fast as the vagabond does normally. No idea if it would be better to fit RLML or HAMs. If you can kill in one clip with RLML that’s fine as you can just reload while flying to the next one. If not might want hams for a bit more sustained damage.

Hello,
I got into burner a few months ago and I’m glad to say I can finally clear almost all of them thanks to your marvelous guide !

But I have a problem with this one :

I just lost 3 daredevil to it and I have mastery IV with daredevils : I just can’t break the dramiel shield tank while my own tank is not sustainable.

My first try I ran out of booster : rip all my shiny modules, second try I overheated too much my hardeners and one got destroyed still almost all modules were saved so I tried a last time and died again because of boosters.
I warp in , keep at range @1500m , activate everything and OH hardeners/rep when the nasty armour sound ring but it just doesn’t work : his tank is way to strong. My best try was simply press approach and got him to 50% shield …

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, does anyone maybe have an alternate fit with blasters or autocannon for this one ? I know there’s a succubus fit but I have zero skill in laser atm

are the frigskills @ V ? did u use a 60 % web? overheated guns? if u are using the unified version it helps to swap the em hardener for a second explosive.

because of the speed and small sig, other ships than daredevil and succubus dont work well.

maybe take some tests on singularity to feel more comfortable.

IIRC the dramiel deals explosive/em damage so it’s better to have em+explosive

You NEED the frig skill V to get the most of the webifier.
ALSO I don’t know what fit you use, but the dramiel was buffed in previous patch. you will need rep booster+ double OH hardeners to tank him ; also remember to spread your hardeners so they heat less.

i swapped it because of the 50% base em resistance. but i used it long time ago because i preffer the succubus.

I always used double explosive, I tried with exp/em once and didn’t really notice a difference.

Now I either use the succubus for permatank, or a 3 magstab shield buffer DD that just straight up wins the DPS race, but I wouldn’t recommend that unless your skills are near max.

1 Like

I also have an almost capstable fit, using a nos and cap battery. It’s capstable if I manage armor rep, but it’s anyhow good enough to activate all module, KaR 1500 and come back 40s later.

I think the shield buffer fit would do better though, cause 3 magstabs > 2 !!

actually the damage are explo>em> kin http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=34141

I overload the explosive hardener, thus the highest damage becomes em ; I put em hardener then explo rig II instead of nanobot T1, making me take same kinetic and explo damage. Total 36.5 dps taken, healed by a corpum a-type armor rep.

a fit with a nano plating
[Daredevil, anaemic angel]
Imperial Navy Adaptive Nano Plating
Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Corpus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Stasis Webifier II
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Dark Blood Small Energy Nosferatu
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Anti-Explosive Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Anti-EM Pump II

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x2740

this fit requires to OL the hardener, the guns, and maybe the rep.
Hot, it depletes in more than 2 min.

I lost 2 more daredevil and 1 hawk and managed to do it in less than one minute with this fit that cost 200~250m + damage booster II (Warp to pocket, then as fast as possible click all of those : (approach,Lock,Activate everything, overload everything))

[Daredevil, Burn All The Modules And Lose Structure]
Core A-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Reactive Armor Hardener

Small Capacitor Booster II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

Void S x2000
Navy Cap Booster 400 x11

the reactive takes time to act. Also it gives less armor vs multi-damage like the dramiel. and consume cap. use a nano plating instead.

1 Like

an viable option is also a nos and battery fit. less stress and the cap holds 1:43 @ all V
[Daredevil, Angel nos]
Core B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Core B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Stasis Webifier II
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Dark Blood Small Energy Nosferatu
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

but there are a ton off losses out there

i personally like the guy who lost 5 daredevils in a row at the same burner :smile:

I lost 2 in a row when I was having some connection problems, had enough sense to BM’d the wrecks and quit the mission though.

yep an adaptive/explosive/EM hardener are all a better choice imo, they all use less cap and tank about the same.