Caldari civilian efforts

General Vero, I hope that you are sincere in your words… But in the same time they may sound as an exuse for ethnical purges.
I want to warn you. Not all templises openly proclaim their affilation and moreover, some of them are real masters of hiding and infiltration. You must not hope to eradicate them by brute force. And the more you will oppress, the fiercer they will fight. So the best thing you can do is just not giving them real reasons for combat and not let them persuade locals.

For me and for many of those I know it’s quite hard to believe that you, gallente occupation forces at a whole, are so innocent and never maked any trouble for caldari population of the warzone. Not because of propaganda nor because it’s just your work, general Vero, to paint your side in brighter colours and our in darker. But because it’s a war, where hatred and violence is common and where good comes hand to hand with evil.

2 Likes

Keep your nose clear of Caldari business, if you aren’t planning to lose it very soon.
You jaijii shall learn your place.

The UNF has chosen to intervene at request of baseline Caldari contractors working for organizations aligned with the UNF, and out of a longstanding respect for The State and the honorable Lieutenant Shi. Your disdain will not stay the UNF from acting in a neutral capacity to augment the security of civilian centers. If you take issue, bring it up with your superiors in the baseline State Protectorate Command Structure, or perhaps the Navy if you retain contact with them.

Be careful what you imply Strike Commander.

Ok, so, speaking as a law-abiding citizen of the Republic, mebbe if people don’t want to be thought of as criminals, they shouldn’t let orgs with names like ‘CRIME.NET’ into their coalition?

I mean, just sayin’. The optics on that one… wow.

1 Like

I appreciate your well considered comment, and the sentiments expressed by Mlle. Brezia, on the past conflict between Gallente and Caldari peoples. Let me be clear: it is not my claim that the Gallente Federation is “innocent” in our long history of warfare with the Caldari. We have probably all seen topics such as this devolve into an endless cycle of recriminations for past grievances.

However, recent events on Intaki have given us direct evidence of the depravity perpetrated by Lai Dai and their hired thugs. It was a clear escalation of violence against Federation civilians by the State, and it served no justifiable security purpose for the Caldari people. By Lai Dai’s own admission, the invasion was motivated by “reparation” of mega-corporate profits at the expense of the Intaki population. Just like the State Protectorate occupation of Federation territories in Placid and Essence resulted in “auctions” to disperse economic exploitation rights to the Megas. Again, unprecedented acts of aggression.

Whatever the Federation has been guilty of in the years since, it has certainly never undertaken oppression of the occupied territories on that scale. So, my original point remains. It seems that to whatever extent Caldari civilians in Ikoskio are in fear, it is a fear borne of their own guilty conscience.

2 Likes

The ordinary people of Ikoskio V are to blame for what happened on Intaki, of course!

1 Like

Good try at misrepresenting my statement. More than any other society in New Eden the Caldari people believe in collective responsibility. I don’t blame them for the actions of the Lai Dai corporate oligarchs, but it makes sense that they would fear being blamed collectively.

1 Like

Update : 01

Chaos erupts as Caldari officials issue a evacuation of Isoskio V. “The triglavian invasions have spread our forces thinly and must make changes to met the need of the State’s larger military operations.” Sukuuvestaa representatives stated making it clear that if you wish to leave the planet now is the time to do so. Lai Dai, CBD, and other megas have yet to make an official statement regarding the situation.
On the ground, limited ships are making the effort extremely difficult and the violence is making things worse. The 72nd will do whatever we can do insure the highest amount of citizens are properly moved to other stations and planets. The regions willing to accept the refugees will surely have a supply chain shortage making the local populations uneasy. In these dark times a strong nationalist pride unifies the wider Caldari State against the Federation now more than ever.

-CPT. Shi
72nd Wing, Commanding

1 Like

Would you care to provide a source for this statement, because it doesn’t appear to have come through usual channels that I can see.

@Reiko_Shi , Captain, if you’ll allow, the UNF has several vessels capable of assisting in evacuation efforts. Many were already staged for the deployment of security forces, and I would like to volunteer them to help.

This kind of dangerous fear mongering can only result in the loss of more lives. Civilians on Ikoskio V should stay calm, shelter in their own homes, and keep their families close in this time of uncertainty. Traveling through dangerous low security space while it is an active combat zone is highly irresponsible, and it boggles the mind that anyone would recommend such a course of action for vulnerable civilians. Federation and Caldari forces alike are heavily engaged in commerce denial operations targeting possible enemy logistics movements. It is very easy to be caught in the crossfie.

@Reiko_Shi , as it stands, while many are choosing to comply with the evacuation you have been assisting with, there are many who refuse to leave their homes. Those that remain will continue to be afforded security by UNF assets.

That said, there have been some snags along the way, one security team reported that a small group of civilians attempted to overtake them with knives and blunt instruments. It is suspected they may be connected to a previously hidden Dragonaur cell in the region. They were subdued non-lethally, and have all been turned over to corporate security in the nearby highsec system of Samanuni. As of this writing, one security contractor is injured but is expected to make a full recovery.

1 Like

@Lauralite_Anne_Brezia The system was lost and the operations base has been destroyed by us on the way out. That being said, any remaining civilians are responsibility of the Galente Federation.

3 Likes

One way or the other, UNF is committed to maintaining its security presence for those that remain, regardless of what the Gallente Federation decides to do. A detail many often overlook is that the UNF is not a member or subordinate to GalFed, and never shall be.

1 Like

Update : 02

Gallente forces have assembled a blockade on the gate entering Isoskio shot anything that might enter in order to help the people on planet within system. I hope the Minmatar people take note of their so called “Freedom for all”. The lies they spin are the reason why the Caldari State was formed in the first place. We see your plight with Amarr very similar to our own disagreements with the Galente Federation and war makes for strange allies. Just know they are no better than the Amarr that wish to enslave you.

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure your Hookbill-class combat frigate was on a purely humanitarian mission.

They don’t even deny it anymore.

1 Like

Reiko. We need to talk.

Deny what? That we continue to engage in space superiority missions? If you have legitimate civilian purpose that you need clearance for, I am willing to permit passage. GMVA will allow humanitarian missions. We will continue to prosecute unrestricted warfare against Caldari military targets. All capsular commerce in the Gallente / Caldari warzone is presumed to be for military logistics purposes unless proven otherwise.

1 Like

@Reiko_Shi , with the return of Ikoskio to Caldari State control, UNF security forces will be beginning handover of security back to proper Corporate Security that own the various planetary colonies. Full reports will be made to appropriate security service heads upon their return. Captain Shi, if you require UNF’s assistance in the future for similar peace keeping operations, please, let us know.

1 Like