Came back yesterday leaving again today

@OP, you sat AFK, in Forge, on a paper thin >700M ship, right at a stargate in a high-traffic area. You also had covop cloak but didn’t use it. Rage on if that helps you cope, but do know that you are giving everybody some good entertainment at your expense.

Also, you said you were leaving yesterday, so what are you still doing here?

I’d even ask if i can get your stuff, but judging by your reaction to what happened, seems that what was blown up was everything you had of value anyway…

Rather just another ganking thread for people bored with game enough to read forums.

Has it happens, that was only time I ever got ganked and it hurt :stuck_out_tongue:

i know … it hurts
i got ganked in my paladin one day
but people make others believe that they are ganked 24/7

I can haz stuffz?

1 Like

If the intent is to effect a direct reduction to overall suicide-ganking, yes, that is indeed the solution.

And yes, we should implement it. However, because balancing changes like this are about give and take, we need to compensate for the decrease in destruction this will cause. I propose taking the reduction in suicide-ganking from this change, and applying it to all forms of high-sec income generation like NPC bounties and mining yields, mission ISK and LP rewards, and even accounting for market transaction fees, manufacturing taxes, et cetera.

Then it will be a fair and just change for all. :slightly_smiling_face:

there is no point. CONCORD or high-sec should be removed or both. the majority of players have asked for this time and time again.

You can already see these are worthless throwaway characters with names as bad as that, also my name is special ed.

“Mental Toughness”

I believe it’s all about expectations, setting realistic attainable short-term goals and avoiding delusions of grandeur. Patience and the power to analyze are key, at least for me. As usual, we are our own worst enemy.

2 Likes

No reduction on suicide-ganking! I still have plenty of ships to sell!

Sorry, it has to be done. The game must be brought in line with consumer expectations in this year of our Lord, 2021. The proletariat has spoken, and the demand for less confrontation and more cooperation has been made clear.

I’m pretty sure that on a long enough timeframe, with frequent enough play time, everyone will get ganked in EVE Online. It’s part of the culture in this game, and one of the reasons why people say to never fly something you can’t afford to lose. Hell, nowadays even in-game art acknowlodges this with all the “FLY SAFE” texts in stations.

I like doing L4 missions and mining with a porpoise+procurer setup also in high-sec. I’m also scared of losing stuff to gankers, so i use T2 modules (or T1 in the case of the procurer) whenever possible, watch my dscan and keep pyspy open. And i play since 2008… to me HS is more stressing than null-sec, but what can i do… all my old friends are gone.

Still, even though it ruins my mood whenever i’m ganked, i still see it as a valid game mechanic. But that might also be because i build and sell Vexors lol.

2 Likes

As it stands today, Concord are a force of lazy arsed NPC. A force of nothing whilst criminal laugh as they waltz on by waving at them.

1 Like

Not at all… remember that CONCORD are there to ■■■■ up your day if and when you decide to break a rule. They are not there to protect anybody.

1 Like

People must see that CONCORD has the effect of limiting what ships a ganker can reasonably use, and for how long they can use those ships, right? I can’t imagine any 'bear would consent to removing CONCORD because their effect is so pronounced. …so I wonder, where do arguments of CONCORD’s impotence come from?

1 Like

Player ignorance.

Yep. Penalizing other pvp for ganks is just…well its idiotic.

Hi sec gankers are a very specialized fit.

They can’t tank concord. Most times no one fights back. So…you rip out the tank. Damage/application mod galore. YOu don’t need what many would deem a flexible balanced pvp fit.

YOu rip out all that sutff other pvp venues deem needed to not be a crap fit…you can put some damage/application mods on up that beast. To get artificially inflated damage numbers.

A common non hi sec gank armour fit would be ye old resist+plate+ dcu in lows. 3 slots spoken for. 3 slots you can’t put damage mods in. Gank fits don’t follow this. Don’t need to. If you found a way to put 1600 plate on an armour destroyer…concord is still gonna pop it lol.

So no tank, lots of gyro/mag stabs…higher damage. But you have a dessie that is popping to a strong breeze.

1 Like

this

if concord disappear ganking becomes free
them you will not be ganked by 30 thrashers (aprox value 300 million)
but 30 nightmares aprox value 30 ++ billion , that would zap you out of existence and wait to zap the next , independent of cargo or blings
most of the time , professional gankers make a calculation if it is worth it or not
if not they tend to not waste the money in vain

so even if concord is late , even if concord doesn’t save you , concord sure kills the gankers
and this is a powerful gank deterrent

most old enough players , especially those who live in low or null , one time or another, forget their safeties in red and shot someone by accident in HS, its painful wen you ship get paralyzed and you know you will die in few seconds
i advice all to keep their safeties in yellow in HS , that way you can rob cargo and do other things that make you a suspect but doesn’t call concord on you

edit:
btw i see some confusion in new players about the suspect criminal thing
if a guy is flashing yellow he is a suspect , that means every pilot can shot him in HS, but if you do you enter a limited engagement with him , and he can shot back , the ship goes from yellow to blue and its the same mechanic as a duel … you cant dock or use gates for a minute to because of agro , some people use this to suspect bait , they park blinking yellow in hope to kill people that shot them
if a guys is blinking red , he is a criminal , -10 sec status for example, that means that the faction police will shot him soon , no mater were he is on the system , this can be prevented by warping from one side to another constantly
all pilots can also shot criminals but the same limited engagement thing happens
if a guy shots a NON criminal and NON suspect in HS concord is called , the ship become flashing red, criminal , and the guy WILL die, the time concord takes to land depend on the security level of the system and if the gankers already called concord to other place to make the process a bit more slow , they do that by shooting each other with rookie ships most of the time

1 Like

Lowsec Party!!!.!:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:… bring out t3 and lets cloaky campy!!!:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal: