Came back yesterday leaving again today

Also, broadly applicable would be tariffs where governments encourage or discourage trade between domestic and various foreign entities.

2 Likes

So WH is a place for staring contest.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

get your minning permit

Only one way to find out. Bring bottle and cloak.

1 Like

Yep, and everyone devise something to catch the smaller fish without being caught by the bigger fish.

1 Like

It’s a deterrent for things taxed versus things not taxed. If they are applied homogeneously then it’s just an added cost.
If they are a mandatory part of system, which they are for HS, then they are not a deterrent. What would happen in HS if there was not concord ? Well, there would not be HS. There would likely not be Eve either.
So no, concord is not a deterrent to HS. It’s a mandatory part of HS. It’s a mechanism that is gamed by suicide gankers by using glass canons fits.
If CCP would add additional cost for glass canon, THAT would be a deterrent to glass canons.

If -10 were prohibited from docking and got popped by Concord the second they got into a system, then there would be nothing left for other players to hunt. Don’t forget that these -10’s are fair game to players who favor the “bounty hunter” gameplay style, however ill advised that may be.

Some people have a lot of fun shooting down suspects or criminals.

Don’t think like that. You’re just fooling yourself. Make peace with the fact that PVPers have all of EVE to play with, instead. It’s the may selling point for this game. If you need a full PVE spaceship game, you can get X4 instead. It’s fun.

Or play around in SiSi. That’s a PVE server, lol…

1 Like

Not going to read this entire thread of nonsense but I’ll drop some truth bombs here and continue to ignore the thread.

• CONCORD is a reactionary force. They do not prevent ganks or criminal activity from happening. They serve as a unit of retribution AFTER the criminal event takes place. This is an intentional part of CCPs design as their vision of the game includes ganking and other unsavory content in Highsec.

• Ganking is good for the game. It removes ISK from the economy in Highsec from a group of players that would otherwise incur no real risk nor do anything but continue to build wealth.

• You want to nerf or remove ganking in Highsec? Fine, but nerf the Highsec isk faucets by 80%, increase the isk faucets in lowsec, and in general make Highsec appealing ONLY to those in their first few weeks as they learn the controls and UI. Can probably do with shrinking or removing all of Highsec but a small portion for literal new player sanctuaries.

The thought of some older player demanding a safe space from CCP is laughable and you’re playing the wrong game. Sure noobs in ventures and retrievers get ganked a lot but look at the majority of ganks and who is coming here and to Reddit to complain. The “think of the new players” line gets used far too often and it really sucks that our new players have to get used as a scapegoat for some of your excuses as to why ganking needs nerfs.

2 Likes

I dont follow this. All tobacco products are taxed. Theres not a non-taxed alternative.

1 Like

And would deter them to the point of non-use.

This, by the way, already exists: polarized weapons.

I don’t think many people are aware that we have weapons that straight-up do 20% more damage than the best regular T2 variant. So why is it that they aren’t being used for ganks? Because using them would push the price up so high, that it simply makes more economic sense to move up a ship tier instead.

Most players don’t understand that increasing glass cannon costs, or reducing damage, wouldn’t change the suicide-ganking scene much, if at all. Each time a change is made, players would move on to the next most-efficient option; they aren’t just going to keep using the now less-efficient option. The only thing that would give them their desired results would be to take all of the common PvE ships, and disproportionately boost them in relation to everything else, which would be stupid.

1 Like

its ilegal to shot people in HS
concord kills who do that

my isk in the last two years or more is LP
i live of selling things
that means i fly around with things all the time
i almost never got ganked , in HS
why? because i try to be safe and especially because gankers don’t see economic gains in ganking me
im always in a armed ship , or bric tanked armored ships with reasonable cargos(thats why people train months for freighter or dst) , i never bling , t2 is the EVE old school
if they came probably the gank will fail or be unprofitable , because like i said prop mod , take range pew pew , destroyers die
so concord is a deterrent to ganks that not involve stupid hight value cargos , and people who fly combat ships , not afk
with the 3 min rule even the freighters full tanked can be safe if they use 3 tank modules and transport 500 million /600 million max

some people gank for fun , is the same principle to wen i roam in null , ill probably lose money but i like it , there is nothing to do about it , like wen some stupid guy undock in a t1 hauler and got 1 shotted by a ganknado , the ganker probably never pick the loot

mining ships are SUPER tanked nowadays , i live in low, they use scrams there, one frigate or destroyer most of the time CANT kill a mining ship, the mining ship kill the combat ship, most don’t even try, because is a 10k hp max ship vs a 60k hp ship that have similar damage… orcas can kill even bad battleships , some dudes suspect bait in orcas and have thousands of kills

what im saying is ganking is nerfed enough , people need to learn how to play the game , they make some believe that there is gankers everywhere and this is FALSE , and most of them got ganked 1 or 2 times and cry a river

2 Likes

Indeed, that’s why I said, consider speed of the ship.

The issue is, that there is a “most efficient” way to do things most of the time : get the highest damage/ISK ratio. If you have only the DPS×EHP/ISK , I agree that it means in each security status a single fit will be best. Using ship speeds to increase that ratio, at the cost of raw DPS and passivity, gives a multi dimensional approach to this activity optimization.

images.jpeg

1 Like

Some victim of ganking instead of analyzing what went wrong and how to avoid it. They start blaming those who gank them because they managed to outsmart them.

Pretty much thought this is what they said they were doing this year

removing missions from highsec
redistribution and reducing to weekly ore spawns
removal ice from highsec etc

can still learn and grow but got to move on to the real game to reap more rewards

CCP should just remove Eve Online and lets move on.

4 Likes

what? why…

Oh really? I guess I need to dig deeper into what CCP mentioned as their intentions for scarcity and redistribution!

I didn’t catch that, but I can imagine what it said. :smirk: :rofl: