Came back yesterday leaving again today

glass cannons shooting at glass pilots, true story

@ OP. It looks like they suicided their cheap thrashers so they could scoop your 139m in loot. I’m pretty sure they could destroy many ships like yours in a couple of hours which would create a small income for their group.

You are now in a better position to play the game as I’m sure you will never leave yourself in a vulnerable position again. Learn from this and move forward.

4 Likes

You got ganked, so what get over it… if your gonna have that mindset then move along this ain’t the game for you,…

1 Like

While I can understand they ahve been away a bit, t3 has always been the fun target on many peoples lists of thing to shoot.

I was in azeroth for 4 years…came back and I remembered this. Tengu and loki in the stable are flown with due diligence. especially the tengu. It be my 5th one. she has lived a long life. after I learned from 4 prior mistakes in null and low sec lol.

HUnters of t3…don’t get scared by not being in .5.

t3 died all the time in Motsu back in the day. Its not .5. its higher.

It was so bad…you could be safer running level 5. since at that time level 5 agents often gave the mission space .5 higher space. so you’d just run an inty to the level 5 agent in low sec to get the missions and turn them in. Unless you did something really wrong…cut and dry lp party really.

Gankers also look for dangling targets on gates. PIlots asleep at the wheel feed easy targets.

I won’t lie…I have flown tired. nodded off on gate manual flight. and…I didn’t want that ship anymore. MY bad, my loss…you move on.

1 Like

i think that T3s could use a boost to their defense abilities, as you said “paper thin”. Now that wouldn’t have helped much in this situation, but they feel pretty pathetic lately for their price and skill investment.

1 Like

They are a balance trade off. Once up to speed they get that famed abiility to live even in 10/10’s. At 0 m/s…its a goner.

Speed sig tank, gets cap stable or close enough with sometimes 1 CCC II.

Cap battery fit, bit of luck and fast tackle dropped before even worried about nos/neut to kill the cap, ergo the tank.

So I should get a logi ship for free, while a Bomber frigate should cost as much as a battleship?

Let’s not do that.

@Tak_Goden needs to be banned for life. This is bad advice.

You never know what kind of ■■■■■■■■ this leadership will think is a good idea. I would appreciate if we jsut kept all the dumb ■■■■ to ourselves, even if it is sarcasm. We don’t want to give them any more ideas.

basically the answer seems to be this, CCCP wants gankers to have more free reign? they making it harder for solo players to do stuff unless it is to pvp/gank. They are making it harder for miners and ship builders to mine and build the way they used to. They make it easier for gankers to do what they do in high sec.
Also it seems to me most of the posts in response to him on this thread …all gankers, why do i say that? cause all of them are pro gank…they basically jump on the fella for sitting at a gate…qiute frankly yin high sec those people should have been wiped off the face of the map soon as they jump to the gate and target him…its a gate with guns and probably ships…so wipe em i say.
I did get to see a failed ganking in high sec…someone underested my hulk tank
then i saw 5 neg security players get wiped by a gate…so that was nice

1 Like

He should have docked up or engaged his cloak. The bar for effort to defend yourself can scarcely be set any lower.

3 Likes

I caught a Tengu just after the ap could dock patch. The guy was afk loaded with stabs but never set his ap to dock. He came back just in time to save his pod. :smirk:

1 Like

t3 after the patch was severely nerfed in the tank department
BUT
the cover ops don’t ■■■■ the damage anymore , so it wen from a do it all better than others and + wormhole farmer
to a hunting ship/ explorer with big teeths
the active tanks is still formidable in 1v1 or small scale pvp
there are guys with 3k kills and you look most t3
they can tank 800 ish dps with ease + doing 800ish dps +++ damage and having a cloak

Pro gank? When your surviving skills and experience reduce your chance of being gank into 1% . Do you really want ganking to be nerf if thats already your case?

It’s an MMO. Maybe CCP wants players to have to interact with each other. Have you ever thought about simply playing a single player game? Why do people play games with an intended design or philosophy, then come to the forums or to Reddit to complain about it? Crazy.

1 Like

To me they are.
Tech three cruisers are obnoxiously expensive for what they can do. I made the mistake of training like crazy to get my self into Loki, managed, barely, to fit it, and then took it out for a spin to see how it felt.
It felt like I was flying a cargo ship into combat with everything I own in the cargo hold. I docked it and it’s been rotting since. As near as I can tell they are a status symbol, but that’s me.
I can do more with a Sunesis honestly than I could with my Loki and with little or no fear of getting blown up.
In a Sunesis I never get scanned at gates, never worry about my ability to escape or hold my own in a fight, and they are more fun to fly. Maybe I just don’t have the skills I need for a Loki, but with nothing in my skill queue other than level V stuff I find that hard to believe.
If I were a ganker I would target tech three cruisers instantly, they tend to have fancy stuff from what I’ve seen.
I have been openly mocked in local after being scanned in mine for the fit I managed to cobble together, and considering what the recommended fits are like I completely agree with the people mocking me. Mines not bling, not even close. I was planning on giving it to a friend as a gift since I never use it, but I’ve since thought better of that and now intend to sell it and get them a small fleet of faction cruisers instead, they are better ships.
Obviously this experience is my own fault, I rushed into it, got a ship I shouldn’t have and found that it didn’t live up to my rather inflated expectations, however that doesn’t make them less of a target, they are and for good reasons, people tend to fit them with really expensive stuff to compensate for their shortcomings. At least that’s how it seems to me, I could be very wrong about this.
On the plus side all the training I did for the Loki made my Svipul a hell of a lot better and THAT is a ship I love. It’s seriously fun and no one messes with me in it for the most part. I do wish I could pull and change rigs though, that’s a terrific feature.

I fly solo all the time, I don’t see the problem with doing so.
Imposing ones idea of how others should play Eve is the exact reason I left the first corporation I was in when I was new and created my own. They told me what to fly, what to do, where I could and could not go, and basically never shut up while giving me crap about which chat channel to use.
I never looked back.
I have a lot of friends in Eve, but when I’m busy the only chat window I have open is local and most of the time it’s not because I want to chat. I keep local open so that I know who I am interacting with while I try to decide weather to launch a bomb or not. How’s that for social interaction?

1 Like

@Dark_Reignz don’t do that. Meaning sit at a gate uncloaked, unless you are picking a fight.
I’ve known this since my first month and I learn slower than an inbred redneck when it comes to Eve and PvP. It’s the second best way to die short of using autopilot to fly through nullsec while taking a shower in real life.
The people who gank ships in highsec have it down to a science, they know your ships potential with out even scanning it, and they usually will scan it especially if it’s just sitting there in front of them. They know what you can tank, what they need to kill you and exactly how long it will take Concord to arrive. They don’t even care if you shoot back, if you have been caught you are likely toast and they know it. They picked you for a reason, they want your stuff, they want credit for doing you in and they are going to get it if you turn your self into a target like that.
I’m sorry about your ship, that sucks, but you did kind of set your self up a bit.
Look at it this way though, CCP had Triglavian fleets sitting at gates and NPC stations in highsec insta-killing everything, that would have sent you right over the edge, they have since nerfed that and it isn’t happening any more.

That shortcomings comment made me laugh because the first thing I pictured was a girl holding her smallest finger up when talking about someone trying to compensate for their shortcomings. Seriously though, fittings wise a lot of people cant talk because some of the fits I’ve seen over time have been really bad and that’s not just from high sec either, so when people comment like that in local don’t let it get to you. At the end of the day it’s what you’re happy with in your fittings and what fits best for what you want the ship to do whether it be meta, t2, faction or officer modules. When T3 ships first arrived, I got my pvp char into a proteus running around with a 4bil fit, grabbed a few kills before I switched back to running around in hac’s doing solo pvp. A few years later that dropped down to a 1.5bil fitting on tengu for lvl 4 mission running due to it being more challenging than just running them in BS’s and then even that dropped down to a loki with a T2 fitting + 1 meta mod which is just under 400mil. I also flew Legions in null sec pvp, but I didn’t save the fitting so I cant recall the pricing estimate, but I do recall it was a T2 fit with faction ammo.

Also, I hope it was an experience for you to learn from so that you always test drive ships you’re interested in first before purchasing them with the use of sisi.

Unfortunately, that still happens and will probably continue to do so while eve still has people playing the game. Null sec renters scared to go outside of their zone because of being afraid of being kicked out and other null sec entities wanting to keep good relations with those local to their space. If it was a high sec corp Id’ be surprised if they were trying to tell you where you can and can’t go unless they were trying to be a relationship with a null sec entity with the hopes of moving out there. Hopefully, you’ll find a place that’s a good fit for you.

1 Like

people scan t3 at the gates because once the transport tengu was the safest way to move bling
and yeah people tend to bling them to i agree

1 Like