Can CCP manage this game or can they not?!

It’s bad enough that CCP forces players to play the game the way THEY want them to, in a so-called Sanbox.
It’s bad enough that solo players are being crapped on and forced to join corporations to play FOR said corporation instead of WITH other players.
It’s bad enough that everything is so F-ing expensive that isk-making is a priority instead of the fun one might’ve had.
It’s bad enough that the UI is crap.
It’s bad enough that so-called asteroids aren’t asteroids but piñatas with predetermined contents.
It’s bad enough that CCP has to shut down server “for maintenance” like some two-bit amateurish alpha-state demo.

It’s bad enough that CCP invents crap every two months to force players to spend more time and isk just to keep up - but now we have to deal with game freezes and stuttering every 5 seconds and disconnections??

Can CCP handle this monster they created?

For God’s sake!! We pay for this game every month!! Is it too much to ask that the server and its connectivity AT LEAST work?!?

4 Likes

One thing is for sure: They are trying their hardest to push away responsibility and control from themselves and put them into customer hands, and then blame the customers for doing things the wrong way.

If they were not, you’d have much less fun. Just take the current ice changes as indicator. You now have to look for ice belts and can’t mine if you don’t find any. This new system is so much more fun, I tell you. And your suggestion that asteroids should have to be checked every whatever-time-unit makes everything so much more fun again. If I had to look for ice or asteroids to mine or find the right asteroids to mine every single day, I would certainly have so much more fun.

This is much better than irregular, random downtimes other games use. It is predictable, it gives a set time for changes and upgrades that everyone can count on. Other games do that, too.

2 Likes

How can they dare talk about “players retention” when THEY’re they ones pushing players away?
I mean I know we live in an upside-down world but they don’t have to prove it in a game. It’s bad enough in real life.

Oh yeah, I’m having SO much fun with a game that freezes every 5 seconds.
It’s so fun to find out that CCP is engaging in false advertising when they label their game as “sandbox” when it’s clearly not a sandbox.
I’m having SO much fun worrying about isk instead of playing the game.

I’ve played half a dozen online MMOs and I never heard of “downtime” until I played EVE.

2 Likes

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

3. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online if it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

Closed.