Can I put my paid account on hold?

“I have paid real money for this and can not log in so they should pay me back”.

Ok then. How much are you logged in for on average? 3 hours a day? 5? More? So let us assume you are logged in for an average of 6 hours per day (despite the number of people who say on these threads “I know I only play for 2 hours a night…” or whatever). So you play 6 hours a night. Max. Now, Omega is for 30 days whether you log in or not so 30 days x 24 hours = 720 hours.
10 Dollars per 30 days works out to be 1.38 cents per hour. Even allowing for 6 hours per day every day that means you are due a refund of 8.28 cents per day and allowing for 4 days you are now “due” a total refund of 33.12 cents for “the time I paid real money for”.

33.12 cents. But don’t forget that if you do claim this massive sum, they should be ‘entitled’ as much as you are and therefore reduce the training time you have gained accordingly cos your 2xtraining speed is running whether or not you log in.

Where should they send the cheque?

2 Likes

Sure if you want to ignore reality. Look at the first few days and compare to the last few:

snip6

The image is hopefully self explanatory, even for someone who wants to deny there has been an issue for many.

It tells us that you, individually, have not had a problem. It doesn’t say anything more.

That’s great for you (and for me also as I’ve not had an issue either), but that doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue.

To think your experience is the only valid one is idiotic.

5 Likes

The problem appears to be effecting people randomly and from the US to Europe to Australia. I am from the UK and over the past 24 hours, I wasn’t able to log on until several hours ago where the game was running fine. No lag or drops at all. Others from the UK have been able to log on all day but have had lag. People from all over are experiencing this issue. From what I see, CCP have taken the game offline so to continue to deny there is a major problem is beyond me.

That said, we need to just be patient. Give CCP a chance before getting out of our prams. I have confidence they will look after their player base in the end.

I see 25k(the normal population) have no problem logging in…so the ‘normal player’ has no issue.

So much for ‘ignoring the reality’…

An for your statistic…downtime…remember?

Your 10k down is just the drop before dt…

And this is the main and only real point. People just need to back the fk up and stop it. Is this a thing? Yes it is. Is this entitlement broadcasting and spitting out of dummies helping or even appropriate? Ofc not.

Also, there was an announcement yesterday about today’s d/t being greatly extended with a hope to “be back up and running by 12:00” so it isn’t like they have just suddenly not been able to restart.

But you are right - patience.

Exaggerating at its best…anything is a problem…

They call out armageddon for a single incident…

Typical helicopter parent childs…

Then maybe you need an optometrist.

Here is the last few days:

snip7

Maybe you can’t see the 20K marker on the right and the significant amount of time the number logged in are below that.

EVE is a 24/7 game, so even if your individual timezone doesn’t seem to be affected, doesn’t mean others are the same. The evidence from CCP and EVE Offline shows that other timezones have been suffering significant issues compared to their normal numbers.

I explained this statistic perfectly…it’s the normal drop before downtime and so totally irrelevant as prove that ‘there is a problem’…

Look at the days before…no problem at all,beside the ‘fact’ they mentioned that this ‘goes on for days now’,which is simply BS…

Now you are just writing ■■■■■■■■.

There is nothing normal about that pattern.

Go and actually compare and validate what you are writing. You’ll see it’s wrong if you actually look objectively and not with a bias.

Thx for the reply. I believe we had a run in earlier mate? My apologies if we did. We are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Yeah you can bet your bottom dollar that they are running round like a tit in a trance trying to get this resolved. They’ve done the right thing by taking the game offline. They’ll fix it as soon as they can and I am sure they will make everything right in terms of lost time/ships in the end.

Learn to read those graphs…it’s no significant change…

After todays dt the graph will go up again and in 2 days you will see that it was just a slight daily change which fits perfectly into the average player count…stop exaggerating such a minor drop…

100% right.

I don’t know if we did though - that would involve me 1) thinking before posting (not going to happen) and 2) remembering what I said (also not going to happen btw) so if I did then I apologise also :smiley:

The maximum logged in today during USTZ was just over 12K, when it is normally about 20K.

Almost 40% difference isn’t significant?

1 Like

If it was you, you were having a running battle with several people and so you were bound to be getting annoyed (the user actually said he was getting annoyed lol) and that’s where threads get crazy. It’s just the nature of text based comms. It was people demanding things like compensation from memory. I just wanted an update

2 Likes

You mean you not being able to read those graphs but stating you can is not the problem here but one who actually CAN do it and interpret it in the long run?

Well…if you say so…

This drop we see is irrelevant to the average…bottom line…

Swallow it or not i am right…

Very classy thing to say less than a week after a famous person and his daughter died in a helicopter crash…

If we are down to a reading challenge, post the numbers.

USTZ today at 00:09 = 12,135

Compared to the same time last week = 18,861

6,000 difference in player count during the peak of the UZTZ. 33% of the player base missing today.

That is significant.

Prove it wrong.

1 Like

hurry and fix it, i need my eve c rack fix

So famous…

SCUMBAG NOBODIES MATTER TOO YOU KNOW!!!

Sorry but you may have looked wrong, the past few days ( 27th and to now ) alot have had issues, i my self have not been able to log in more then once ( the 30th ) the error messages just changed from something to another ( same result not login ).

but you are right in the fact some do login, based on what my launcher tells me it seams to be about half… ( 10-14k people ) while it normally at the hours i play is 20-22 online,

now i havnt compliant alot in forums, but i did ticket the support team, also really not like it is end of the world, after all it is a game.

1 Like