Can't Enjoy the Game

5 Likes

I donā€™t do AFK mining, Iā€™m either sitting at the computer, or cleaning with the sound up so I hear things happening.

1 Like

Then you have all the time to notice the trigs and warp out, so there is no problem to begin with?

3 Likes

With all due respect brotherā€¦ Iā€™ve been in EVE since 04ā€™, I also mine (heavy mining mind you) and PVEā€¦ That was (in my opinion) quite shameful to admitā€¦ let alone demand that Dev resolve YOUR problem based on such activity history.

Iā€™m sorry to sayā€¦ and donā€™t take it as a flameā€¦ youā€™re playing the wrong game.

Eiher adapt your mining style or move to a 1.0 system, better yet a starter system.

As a05ā€™ PVE you have the fund to properly tank and defend your setup from a ratā€¦ out of all thingsā€¦ ONR RATā€¦ wowā€¦

1 Like

Tell us really please why canā€™t you just accept the current state of game play in Hi Sec and be happy?

Have fun, forget the isk cost, forget the plex costā€¦ just do what makes you want to be happy and you will start enjoying the game again.

You can say that you never found it enjoyable to log in and play. Just make the most of what you know and dig deep in pulling out that thing that Eve Online shares to you only.

Donā€™t worry be happy!

DONE ā€¦ #moonwalks away

0.8 you say, youā€™re a risk taker I see

So uhhā€¦ fancy telling us the name of the system?

You say you donā€™t do afk mining yet in the same sentence you say you do your cleaning with the sound up.
Isnā€™t that away from keyboard ?

5 Likes

buzzer sounds ERROR! ERROR! flashing lights
Nope, Hisec is not a safe zone, itā€™s a zone where certain additional rules are enforced, such as non-consensual pvp (aka the flags and their consequences). Just because trigs are more potent than your average belt rat doesnā€™t make them more than an annoyance to dissuade afk mining etc.

A few pointers: donā€™t mine in Invaded systems (which is what you meant, probably). An invasion is usually limited to a constellation sized zone. Second, put a jump clone and some spare mining vessels a few jumps out, in case of invasions. You donā€™t even have to fly thenā€¦ Third, scout patrols will always roam in systems with an Emerging Conduit.

Again and again the same complaining post about triglavianā€¦ Boring

Fit a pve gnosis ( that require almost no skill ) and you will be able to deal with those triglavian frigates.

Do you know that low sec miners have to deal with clone Soldiers ans Mordus ship ( i do not know about null ) ans they never complain !!!

2 Likes

I like big ships. Its not about ISK, just because big ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ships. Now after several CCP Changes to application, boson, resists, ehp for Capitals its ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  bad idea to undock with. Dread, Carrier, supercarrier, Rorqual all collect dustā€¦where is that, what make me happy? Hours over Hours to skill, to build, to gain isk for those toys, for ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  expensive implants, all for nothing. WHERE IS FUN?

PS: When even the most powerful alliance with the best umbrella openly admits that they are not able to save these big toys, the game must be so brokenā€¦

Calm down, miner.

I sort of understand the message you shareā€¦ I had stripped all my Gunnery and Missile skills and plan to just do a little mining and see how things are in the future.

Gunnery
|* 32 Gunnery skills trained for a total of 0 skillpoints

• 0 skills trained to level 5 for a total of 0 skillpoints|

Missiles

|* 23 Missiles skills trained for a total of 0 skillpoints

• 0 skills trained to level 5 for a total of 0 skillpoints|
1 Like

responder- there are other threads you know right?

You donā€™t have to be in this thread ā€“ you just chose to be because you were free to go where you want, generally.

Another example of an arrogant responder trying to shape the game for everyone from their narrow perspective.

Maybe this fellow gets out of eve in one night , from one system aspects that you will never get. And thats fineā€¦hes not judging you or how pompus you are.

2 Likes

Arenā€™t you being a little obsessive, chasing Scoots from thread to thread just to tell him off ??

I see where you went wrong.

Hi-sec is a place of relative safety. But it is not safe. Hi-sec is not only a combat-zone itā€™s also a pvp zone.

Boy these trigs are doing a good job arenā€™t they.

Since weā€™re on the topic of being off topic Iā€™m just not sure what to have for breakfast this morning. Maybe a cup of troll tears.

May I recommend troll porridge ? It should go well with all the salt youā€™re sprinkling around these forums.

1 Like

Eve is a sandbox, right? Players should be allowed to do their thing in the game, and regardless it match or completely goes opposite to someone elses playstyle.

Isnā€™t that why we have so many different choices what to do?
We CAN mine, we can pve, we can pvp, exploration, industry, trade, all that, and we have the choice to go highsec, lowsec, nullsec, wormholes and maybe soon trig systems, so why spit on those who donā€™t like [your], wherever different, side of the game? Why force people into a playstyle they donā€™t like?

Why canā€™t we allow them to do their thing in eve as long the content is still in the game?

Threads like these always tend to go so off-topic that the isdā€™s, instead of removing all off-topic nonsense replies of what highsec is or isnā€™t, lazily lock the thread and call it a day.

I agree with the OP that incursion rats, fob-rats, triglavians and similar rats are unnecessarily disruptive and threatening to miners, particularly new players who, 2h before downtime, may have to travel 3-5 systems away to find a little bit of veldspar to complete their tutorial missions with, ending up vitims to gurista fob rats, but itā€™s disruptive to other players as well, and imo ccp should find better ways to combat botting.

No human can react as fast a computer can. We are in the era of AI and intelligent programming, and adding nigh-on invincible rats to highsec belts and even to entire systems in highsec is imo ccpā€™s open declaration that they have no idea how their own game works, and if these rats are beneficial to anyone, itā€™s for sure the bots which can mine more before the belts are depleted, all while player ship wrecks despawn one after another around them.

If ccp want to get rid of miners in highsec, remove all belts in highsec, itā€™s that simple. If ccp want to fix OP capital ships they canā€¦ehā€¦ wellā€¦ add more red dots and nerf pve with a 20% reduction of hardenersā€¦ as they donā€™t know how their own game works.

3 Likes

Iā€™m completely speechless. My brain gets stuck when I think that someone can play a game for 15 years and then comes crying to the forums as soon as the first small obstacle appears. Imaging being that bad at gaming. I donā€™t evenā€¦

No, EVE is a online competiive multiplayer sandbox. You are alowed to do whatever you want under the confines that players or the game environment can interfere with it at any time as can you with other players.

Things change. Adapt or die (ingame).

8 Likes