Caps and super caps

I come back to the forums every once and a while and posts like this remind me why I went dark. Guess I’ll check back in 4 months or so again. Hopefully they’ll stop the nerfs and adjustments some day in the future and start building content again instead of altering/changing/nerfing what already exists. Until then #peace.

1 Like

Ah, the good old “but Eve isnt fair” scripted bot response … classic …

There is a huge difference between being able to fleet an adequate defense response cap fleet to a structure bash, and simply choosing not to because you know it will be fruitless as your opponent has near infinite means and will always outnumber your caps.

People would sink more time into caps if it were more accessible and worth doing. Your average Lowsec homeboy wont currently, because he knows it will be a fruitless timesink when looking at the odds of it being of any actual use.

Long ago someone suggested elegant solution for Capital ships proliferation, they just need running costs, like monthly maintenance bill for every single one, unless they are repackaged, Have capital cudgel of thousands titans and motherships on standby? Get ready to pay for this privilege. It would be great ISK sink and strong balancing factor.

6 Likes

Apart from the PVE connotations of this statement, the definition of glory is renown or honour won through notable achievement. There is little glory in flying highly accessable ships. There is little glory in PVE.

I like the idea, but not the execution.

People will just keep their cap ships repackaged until needed.

This means the upkeep cost will do nothing, except that capital size rig price goes up and that you will more regularly find caps without rigs on zkillboard.

I don’t think so, because then there is no SRP at all.

What’s wrong with Titans?

They’re incredibly relevant with their unique ability to bridge entire fleets and they’re great to show on the undock of your keepstar how much ISK you had. And doomsdays are nice too.

Even if CCP completely nerfs the combat-capabilities of titans to the ground, which they wouldn’t do, Titans are still a uniwue and useful goal for any player that wants to grind all that ISK to help their alliance.

Maybe one day I’ll get one myself, but I prefer sub capital fights for now.

I meant as a mistake :yum:

Everyone would then keep their rarely-used caps repackaged and without rigs, only to ally them when a real fight starts. No need to apply rigs when you’re just moving your ship or bridging someone.

Its a step in the right direction though imho. Wouldnt dismiss it just because it isnt the ULTIMATE solution

It would be the right direction, but it would be an ineffective and annoying solution so it’s a bad step in the right direction.

In reality the issue is not capital or super capital ship.
The true issue is the fact CCP want to be in frigate online to make new player more competive with old player. And they totally forget majority of new player do’nt leave beacause of capital , but beacause a lot of bad pvp player complain since year aginst it they think it’s the truth.

No in reality , you have the same issue with BC/BS . CCP don’t know what to do with some ship. That all.
Beacause basically the nerf of capital make dread just a bigger marauder. Carrier is the new cruiser. They cost more, but they are so bad, you have less and less in space.

An inteligent change from CCP could be to said “ok we have miss the point”, reversse all change since 1st anom change.
After start to think give incensitive to roammer (ESS but with some change), make you can’t warp out in anom in fonction of the amount of ISK you have farm the last X hours etc…
In summary make use a capital super more dangerous, but VIABLE. Beacause actually a cap or a super could be kill BEFORE you send any help to him.

Eve has always been about rock paper scissors. That a frigate can kill a battleship etc. This is only a bad thing for risk averse players looking to make up lack of skill and knowledge with ISK.

Capitals as with any other ship have a role they fill. Killing other big ships, structures and as support ships. With the introduction of HAW Dreads, Grapplers and Support Fighters caps have actually gotten a huge buff. I for one remember a time where my nag even struggled to hit a battleship.

The last thing capitals needs is another buff and this is coming from a long time dread pilot with a Super and Carrier on another account.

I don’t know what facts you base your statement on other than the preceived notion that somehow capitals need to be a “I-win” Button.

I cant help but assume you have never COMPETENTLY flown any capital vessel yourself.

Indeed solo capitals are mostly helpless. This is working as intended. They are fleet vessels. Behemoths that can turn the tide of a battle i.e. fleet engagement at what they are working as intended. If you don’t like that. Capitals aren’t for you. Period.

1 Like

Its time to bring them back to HS.

1 Like

New players being relevant in pvp is far from a bad thing.

And the biggest critics of capital ships are the big blocks that use them every day.

1 Like

I agree. New players face a hurdle trying to become relevant in pvp. Skills in game, isk for the ships and modules, and gaining personal experience in combat.
If they can work through all that, they’ll likely be hooked for life, like I am. Or at least I hope they will be.
I think eve needs a lot of new blood so it can keep going as older players fizzle out.
I’ve suggested before that there should be some sort of catch-up program for brand new players. Not alts, just new players with new emails. Sure, it can be manipulated, and would be I’m sure, but it would benefit the actual new players a great deal.
The benefit to the game long term would outweigh the bad actors that would try to manipulate it.

Critics of big ships have various reasoning, but it seems that majority of them simply want gang warfare, and think only “whales” would be able to get big ships.
I disagree, of course.
I bought my first avatar through a lot of grinding and market manipulation. It’s still not fully fit.
I could use the isk I make now from my 20+ accounts, but I don’t. They’re working on building titan hulls.
If I get to use my titan or not, it’s still an accomplishment I worked at for years now. Maybe I’ll finish fitting one and see what kind of trouble I can get into, but as it is, there is no incentive.
Too few people own them, or even train for them. I wish that were not the case, but what can you do.

Sorry, but you are “whale”, you just paying with your time instead of wallet, by utilizing 20 accounts to make money. Average player who have a life outside of EVE never will have 20 accounts and enough free time to play them.

1 Like

Is eve dead?

Yes, It is.

So besides being able to afford things, what does the term “whale” actually mean?

Catch up to what? This isn’t the typical MMO where you need to hit level cap before you can participate in endgame play. So I am confused on where you need to catch up to? If its SP, there are injectors for that.

Let’s be honest… it’s time for Super Duper Capitals.

Also time for dreads and smol carriers in Hisec… just no cyno allowed unless jumping out like JF.

As long as Keepstars are allowed in HS, the proper counter must be allowed. TTT will kill the game if those --ing --s -------rs and their —s-- —inger get to keep ------ing all of our — d---- f---------ish in space…