Carbon...Uh...Neutrality?

Uh oh. My thread has devolved into “let’s kill all the people.”

That wouldn’t work. Dead matter decays and becomes water, CO2 and some nitrogen, eventually. Which is why just planting trees is a temporary solution at best: whatever carbon they capture, it will return to the atmosphere when they die and decay.

If nobody is around to measure it, then it is not a problem. We saw this during COVID. So getting rid of all the people absolutely would solve the problem.

Planting a tree that will then seed and create over 40 trees before it dies. The net effect of the multiple trees greatly outweighs any losses.

Also, 70% of the tree will decay into soil-born carbon, not into air-born carbon. Big difference there.

You cannot hide the truth forever, nor the correct path to get to said truth.

Now to address the elephant:

Let’s see some numbers, because I feel that your answer is is 100% bullcrap that you are pulling out of your ass. The rich consume more and waste a lot more per capita, in literally all possible metrics, when compared to the “lesser” people that you advocate turn themselves into slaves and die in order to better and and further enrich these bourgeois.

There was a collective and intentional choice from these bourgeois with planned obsolescence to make the current situation the way it is with smart phones. From the software that bloats itself with every update, to the non-replacable and non-upgradable hardware inside. They are a shackle that has become mandatory in all areas of the globe that have constant electricity for more than 8 hours out of each day.

There’s more to this than simply “carbon”. What happened to the freeon and ozone destroying materials, the acid raid from sulfur burnt in coal, smog from NOx and so forth. The uncontrolled pollution that China and India release have grown from local country problems to international issues that impact the entire hemisphere of the earth that they are in.
And yet it’s my fault for this, as opposed to the bourgeois who intentionally do this, and pay a lot of money to stop these asian countries from creating stronger pollution controls that would impact the money that is made from each factory? I’m the one who is supposed to make sacrifices to offset them doing this, and I need to sacrifice myself EVEN MORE so that they can expand and pollute even more in the future in order to remain net neutral from a global standpoint?
You are completely off your rocker with this twisted logic.

Because the factories that spray this pollution will magically work without the bodies that are needed to do the work?
Because the societies that praise licking the boot of the bourgeois matters more than the working class that requires factories control their messes, and lower/minimize pollution while paying a wage high enough for the workers to live comfortably?

I’ll use the Eve analogy – why bother competing with an opposing corp and lowering your profit margins when you can have your m8s seige their citadels to stop their production in the first place?

LOL that’s nice. There are tons of cities where that isn’t possible. I’m pretty sure you’re a soylent green fan tho huh?

Um. So how do you expect Amazon to stay in business if you get rid of half their orders? How would you decide who can order and who can’t?

Are you dumb or

LOL. Do people order things from Amazon that they only “want”? Of course. And they also order things they need.

And what about those who don’t have the mobility? I can already tell you’ve never had to personally deal with any kind of mobility issues at all. Hence your opinion is a crock :smiley:

Your perspective is skewed and all kinds of wrong to be frank.

The only safety hazard is the crossing? Ah to be this naive. Spend an hour in a wheelchair friend. Attempt to do normal things. Truly do it and then you’ll see :smiley:

Tell me how opening doors in older buildings to the outside goes for you :smiley:

The reason why you don’t know why this would be a problem says it all :smiley:

Actually it would :smiley: Covid proved it :smiley:

Because there is less people actually producing the waste silly and less resources needed to keep them going. Hence why it wasn’t so bad before.

You’re a bit slow huh?

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who would rather fix issues by removing, and those who would rather fix issues by improving.

“Remove the bourgeois” does not work. “Improve the proletariat” does. “Remove the big polluters” would not work. “Improve the life cycle of production” would.

(And, personally, I find it funny the prospect of China eventually saying “up yours! Manufacture your own bull if you can!” once they decide there’s not enough World for them and us, so they’d rather use the remaining raw materials for their own needs… thus removing all the unnecessary production that feeds our consumerism rather than theirs. Removing the consumerism of a billion Westerners would massively reduce the strain on the planet… and it’s as easy as not selling us what we no longer can manufacture. Like smartphones).

1 Like

Hmm, or people could start changing their tech to biotech.

Personal computers that are stationary would be changed to tech that needs less resourcess and is more energy friendly, like smartphones. Eventually everything would be done on smarthone level kind of computer. Smaller and using less energy, maybe even being powered by human body. Biocomputers like additional brains plugged in like parasites into main brains.

If any tech has future its biotechnology.

Ah yea. Cause yennoe.

We’re so close to that.

ROFL.

I mean I love the idea of Mentats as much as the next Fremen but uh, it ain’t happening in reality bruv.

You dont know. Future is kinda unknown bruv.

Maximum Improvement to human bodies is yet to be seen with advances in genetics and biotechnology.

I mean yea that’s great. We can say it’ll happen in the future.

How would we get to that point?

It’s pretty obvious you are not grounded in reality nor science ROFL.

You are also vastly underestimating the stupidity of the human race. The past few years has shown the majority of the world doesn’t even understand basic microbiology.

You think people gonna let people hook up other brains to themselves?

People are still killing other people because of what sky fairy they believe in or who they love.

You are failing to include human nature in your musings, hence why it isn’t realistic.

We do that right now, in a wastly underperforming way. We use A.I and other logic machines with interfaces causing problems in comunication. I am sure people would live happier lives if they would have more better performing such interfaces and machines from younger days. Unfortunately people like you or me would be a lot less able in comparison. But its good. We die, and other, more fitting to surviving forms of humans will take our place, as is the way of nature, and tried and proven method.

Look, we already have CRISPR gene editing, its reality, and for future, you cant see where it will end. Speeding things up could be pretty disastrous in beginning, but learning is never without pain or sacrifices.

What I describe is a concept. One that is environmentally friendly, changing human more than environment around him. Probably the best idea ever if you see what nature did thru billions of years.

Also a proper way to grow. Biologicall term for happier future, where humans live happy lives.

That will be one of the goals of the 2030 Petrol Car ban. Politicians like Petrolhead Borris Johnnson will have the roads free to drive his array of Exotic Cars as the roads will no longer be congested due to the lack of people able to afford Electric Cars or pay for petrol, the price being hiked up near 2030 to convince us to go electric.

Once everyone goes electric, we will have congestion charges etc to recover the money the govenment will lose from petrol, and probably charge you per mile.

Convincing us to not move would be easier. People dont have to move so much in ege of wireless telecomunication. The thing that is needed is logistics, but shortening the lines of those will be easy too, just have to grow more food locally, move people around and make them grow their own food. Lots of shifting primaries for near future.

Imagine spending every day few hours on work in your own small plot of land.

The pumpkins can be really big with not much effort.

Once people can no longer afford personal transport, as you say, they will either work from home or move to where they can work locally commuting via public transport.

Seeing the way things are going, replaced the sports car with a bicycle.

LOL no, no we don’t. Not in the way you’re saying and you know it.

I like how you dodged all of it tho :smiley:

Of course you think it’s the best idea because it’s yours :smiley:

What you can’t see is that by you not even accepting criticism for said idea, shows its already not the best LOL.

LOL. Just absolute LOL.

Why you hating’, Gix? Go grow some big pumpkins like the lady says.

I have nothing against farming.

However, for her to say there wouldn’t be a large loss of life or even that it may not work due to various facets of human behavior is laughable :smiley:

Yeah, well, they say that if we can delay things long enough, human populations will start to decline all on their own.

Probably Gix is just thinking that people are stupid and will do everything to exterminate themselves.

I see it more like only some people being stupid and incompetent, and those are ruling the countries that can start wars. Due to their incompetence they will lose lives themselves, and will be made example of, as if not enough times was that done.

This is not the age to wage wars, sooner everyone will realize it, sooner they will be happier.

Anyway, Gix the LOL can have his own opinion, I can have mine. And the future will of course resolve who was more right. Who laughs the harder dont have to laugh last.

ROFL. “This is not the age to wage wars”?

It’s never been the age to wage wars, yet we’ve done it anyways.

Only some are? ROFL.

Right, so you want the ruling bodies to lose their lives, which will further destabilize that country and the world, but somehow that will lead to world harmony?

Um.