CCP Coyote on Invasions - We aren't removing Highsec

Why can’t you fly through the Triglavian systems?

did zorya touch you ?

That’s such a strange perspective. Call me crazy, but I figured that CCP thought it would be cool to give players the ability to determine the fate of the universe.

That being said, I will say that invasions haven’t actually made Eve more challenging/dangerous for higher skill vets. I mean, obviously some people (including a lot of newer players) are dying to rats and players taking advantage of sec status changes, but for many vets, it’s just an inconvenience. Like, I haven’t lost any ships due to Niarja falling. I have, however, had to add 30 jumps to trips that would otherwise take 10 or 12.

Anyway, I like different games for different reasons. Of course, I sometimes like chillax games that I can just turn off my brain and play, but I also like challenging games as well. In fact, one of the reasons I was drawn to Eve was because I had heard that it was brutal and unforgiving. So, I support CCP’s stated intentions to increase the challenge for older players. Whether or not they are actually achieving that, however, is up for debate.

1 Like

Are Kybernauts evacuating from invaded systems too? Or are you going to trust CCP?

“Here is a nice jacket, now **** off…”

Having spent my entire career in the software industry, both in games and out, I feel confident in saying that this is a common misconception. You know as well as I do that given the option to change the map by destroying gates, this game would’ve ended completely with m0o.

No I don’t know. Now don’t get me wrong, devs often give the illusion of choice, and often severely restrict choice when they actually do give players meaningful options, but they do actually sometimes give players options. Take Invasions for example. They most certainly restricted what systems could actually be flipped by limiting them to invaded systems that also have certain types of stars (which pissed a lot of people off the first time they thought they might actually take a system into final liminality), but they still gave players the options to flip some systems. So yes, CCP decided ahead of time what systems could even be flipped, but it was the players who decided the outcome of eligible systems.

Nope they get their own special space of 27 systems the rest of us can get back to some what normal

Amarr is loosing trading volume they put even more power in Jita.

/me looks at the Highsec that has be removed and then squints at the thread title.

3 Likes

There is no single one hisec system in eve nowdays? Oh, wait… Do you even know what hisec means?

So what did you do to defend your star sistems? Joined EDI? Did nothing but watch?
Did you know how to actually try something other than sit and watch?
Because I have the same dilemma and I’d rather die in burst rather than be torched slowly.

Are you sure? I’m not.

Why not join CN and give up mining for a little while?

Now lots of systems in High sec work essentially like a low sec with gatecamps, whats different is trigs gatecamp there. The reward you can get there didnt change tho… Risk/reward seems screwed now especially for new peeps.

So I suppose they changed how the game is played around there without removing it (outside final liminality systems of course, they were removed from empire space and are like wormholes with gates now).

4 Likes

you want challenge go to low/null sec and stop messing up highsec i mean really why do they always have to fix what isn’t broke and make what is worse

3 Likes

Nice, but the stuff changed and hard means more grind now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.