CCP ganking high sec players using Lancers withought warnings

Just a warning, they have changed the game mechanics. You don’t get warning like low sec, they just jump you out of know where on belts scramble and smash you up in High sec. Your standings can be neutral and you don’t get any warnings like this orca they smashed up they must be short on money going that low on players it’s a kind of theft. They even kill the drones and salvage the wrecks. Wonder how many players they losing lol. Safer in Null sec at least you can see local and have warnings.

Pretty low to stoop to that level you must need more money for servers. Been playing since 2004 not one compliant regarding losing a ship but this man is a big rofl.,
2021.09.14 22:46:21

Victim: Veng Yaken
Corp: Star-Unity
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Orca
System: Afivad
Security: 0.5
Damage Taken: 111045

Involved parties:

Name: Cassandra Tyrannos
Security: 0.0
Corp: Vigilant Tyrannos
Alliance: None
Faction: Drifters
Ship: Drifter Cruiser
Weapon: Lux Xiphos
Damage Done: 82496

Name: Autothysian Lancer / Unknown
Damage Done: 28472

Name: Sansha’s Savage / True Power (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 77

Destroyed items:

Core Scanner Probe I, Qty: 50 (Cargo)
Inertial Stabilizers II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II, Qty: 90 (Cargo)
Shield Recharger I
Damage Control I
Active Shielding Charge, Qty: 10665 (Cargo)
Large Drone Mining Augmentor I
Large Shield Extender II
Mining Drone II, Qty: 4 (Drone Bay)
Mining Laser Field Enhancement Charge, Qty: 130
Drone Navigation Computer I
Nanofiber Internal Structure II (Cargo)
Mining Foreman Burst II
Expanded Cargohold II (Cargo)
Mining Laser Optimization Charge, Qty: 20566 (Cargo)
Mining Laser Optimization Charge, Qty: 129
Shield Command Burst I
Scordite, Qty: 86334 (Other)
Multispectrum Shield Hardener I
Salvager I

Dropped items:

Core Probe Launcher I
Multispectrum Shield Hardener I
Condensed Scordite, Qty: 113229 (Other)
Mining Drone II (Drone Bay)
Mining Laser Field Enhancement Charge, Qty: 20577 (Cargo)
Ice Harvesting Drone II (Drone Bay)
Shield Harmonizing Charge, Qty: 4900 (Cargo)
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Small Tractor Beam II
Concentrated Veldspar, Qty: 501058 (Other)
Active Shielding Charge, Qty: 130
Expanded Cargohold II (Cargo)
Solid Pyroxeres, Qty: 8922 (Other)
Core Scanner Probe I, Qty: 8
Veldspar, Qty: 193901 (Other)
Mining Foreman Burst II

3 Likes

Normally its the Lancers that scram you. You just have to kill them and warp off.

Of course, that assumes you are paying attention to the game and have drones to deploy.

When one or both of those are not present, you’ll die and all responsibility sits with you.

6 Likes

I targeted the biggest one my mistake. But people that have been away or new players aint going to like this new mechanics. You dont get warnings they just warp on the field scram and hit. Its theft!. You get warnings about low sec and faction standings. Honestly now its wrecking the game and yes i was not afk. I thought cheaky **** wont be getting omega on my 6 accounts. Im all for suicide ganks and war and null but this is below the belt.

lancers are like elephants , they never forget , they are vengeful, if you F with them they will retaliate latter
you will end with a big trunk up your a#$ …like wen they ruined my African safari those Fˆ%$%, it hurts a lot :frowning: :sob:

5 Likes

Hmm…I suspect they don’t care and there’s more to PA’s plans for EvE than we the players know…
Players like us aren’t their midium-term target market, at least.
I’m planning on riding EvE down to see how it goes.
Sure I can’t have your stuff?

3 Likes

“I targeted the biggest one my mistake.”

You did it to yourself.

This is EVE, Veng, not some rainbow unicorn safespace game. We risk getting buttraped every time we undock. Welcome to EVE.

If you can’t run with the big dogs, stay up on the porch.

It’s NPCs doing what NPCs do. They’re not controlled by CCP. Why do you think you’re so special enough that CCP employees would go out of their way to specifically target you?

How can someone who’s been playing for seventeen years still wine about their spaceship being blown up? How is that even possible? Is this actually the year 2008 and I am just hallucinating that it’s 2021?

7 Likes

It is 2021. All anybody does now is whine.

5 Likes

Methinks either you attacked the reds on the gate because you assumed they were just like EZ 0.5 belt rats or you sat there long enough for them to target you.

In either case, I have no sympathy.

New Eden giveth, and New Eden taketh away.

OOF!

If you haven’t shot them in the past they will not shoot you unless you warp to their observatory structures or maybe also if someone else aggroed them and the tyrannos warped in (not sure if that one attacks everyone or just those who have shot it now or in the past) but the lancers are harmless even if they scan you.

At least that is how they are with me, never shot them and sometimes just chill out on gate or in belt with them and usually they scan me too and do no harm to me just do their thing and warp out after a while.

1 Like

Play EVE, get your ships destroyed. It’s pretty simple.
EVE is a ship-destroying game. Fly what you can afford to lose, meaning you have to have a few iterations of the same ship or don’t undock.
CCP targeting players and blowing up their ships? How cool, I can play with the devs! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The 80’s were better.

4 Likes

Nice conspiracy theory you got there. You do know that they have worked like this going back at least 6 years right?

Anyway, here’s my thoughts.
@Scipio_Artelius @tutucox_Khamsi

Yes, OP died because of his lack of knowledge.

However, it also seems like bad game design to make non-hostile (and particularly dangerous) entities show up as red to players. I mean, it so goes against what a reasonable player would expect, that it almost seems like it’s an intentional trap.

Extra Credits has a video on affordances where they discuss it in more detail. But in my mind, this is the video game equivalent of using a horizontal bar on a side of the door that is meant to be pulled.

No P2W

3 Likes

Good luck getting that song outtayo head now :sweat_smile:

Yes. Can’t say I find that reassuring much.

1 Like

I’m really trying to understand your implication that this encounter equates to more revenue for CCP. Are you suggesting that somehow they’re going to turn the salvage into real-life computers?

Not if they don’t have the BPO they won’t.

1 Like

The lancers were always non-hostile unless you picked a fight or had a corpse in your cargo. Quite surprised that a 2004 player doesn’t know that.

4 Likes

Always hostile. Got it.

2 Likes