CCP Hilmar, CCP Falcon, and CCP Goodfella reveal their plans for an Eve Era of CHAOS in this new interview!

Let me please clear a few things up. First and foremost, I do not solo play, I am in a great corp with a lot of really cool guys and a rather large alliance with a lot of chill people. I know how to make isk, I can do it in Null, Low, or High. I am not asking to b e comfortable in Null, quite the opposite.

Message in a nutshell.

Intel needs to be balanced both ways. - There are large Empty areas of Null sec - if things do not change it will get worse.

The many who do not speak up and do not have time are the ones who actually pay the bills,

Botting is Bad, Blue doughnuts are worse. This will make the Big blue stronger larger and more out of control.

2 Likes

Will it make the doughnut worse? really? they have to actively defend PvE pilots.
Seems to me that with all the Null sec players leaving (those that said they would)
I doubt the doughnut will be a problem or are you suggesting some of the whiners will not leave?

Maybe a few of them will stop paying sub but I highly doubt they will all leave. More like most will just change their tactics a bit and continue doing what they normally do, a few will just wait it out for a while and play skill-training online.

3 Likes

When was the last time you ever believed a Bee?

2 Likes

Big entities such as TEST, Brave, Initiative, Goons, PH, they all have the man power to setup a man based intel network to replace or at the very least try and replace the lack of local. And they all probably have the funds to pay their intel agents. However all the smaller entities do not have that and as such will go toward the big ones. And not by fault of theirs, but in order to be able to operate in null sec effectively without live intel (intel is crucial to the success or failure of operations), they will need the intel network of the big entities. And so, yes, many will probably leave the game, especially after their subscription expires, but another large portion will join the likes of Initative, Goons, Brave, Warped Intentions, PH, Frat and such

1 Like

See I think you have it the wrong way around.
Smaller groups know each other and will be willing to support each other and stand guard over a miner for instance.

Where as the blobs as you say have to pay, i cannot see them doing that for too long or their players actually wanting to do things like that.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with paying its pilots. It is another way for pilots to make isk while contributing to the alliance/coalition and to the overall success of the operations. And while smaller groups may be willing to help each other, from a military and a HR perspective, it is much better to have large amount of people so that one is able to have a regular turnover on day to day intel operations and not run the risk of people getting bored, while also having the man power to run the day to day offensive/defensive operations

2 Likes

I think you are minimising the additional actions that will be required without local. If the players are not yet paranoid they are not paying attention.

Not at all, however if you think the likes of Goons, Brave, Initiative and co dont have already a defensive perimeter setup in order to protect their ratters and miners, you would be dead wrong.

Thats what I am saying. No local means needing more than a perimeter.

yea and only the big ones can do that.

I’m with you man. as a matter of fact I helped make the “status quo”. no matter what CCP does in the end it will be just like it was before. because humans beat, murder and pillage. to get what they want. eventually there will be that one null sec coalition that is to big to fail. oh wait we have that. the real problem is retention of new players. leave my castle alone it took a long time to build.

3 Likes

My 4 mining accounts are about to end too.
The PvP guys on here want everything in their favour. Its went way too far now.
Its not like killing a miner was even PvP. A ship that cant fire back and cant leave because of warp scramble. Drones that cant catch never mind damage the PvP ship which costs a fraction of what the mining ship does.
Lets not kid ourselves. Its not about PvP. Its about being able to farm ships which can yield a lot of money.

4 Likes

You have drones. Quit yer yammerin’.

That’s a joke, before you all start crying.

I already hear you yammerin’ why you have to do 500+ jumps just to find a single procurer to shoot at. This shitty attitude towards the people who are here to build sandcastles won’t make the game any better, let alone healthier.

1 Like

As was predicted, buff their tank and align, and they will ask that guns be removed from other people.

1 Like

Hey music lover, I did say I was joking.

Your shitty attitude about my perceived shitty attitude isn’t helpful. Nor is your incorrect assumption that I would fly any number of jumps to kill a procurer, unless it was piloted by someone with a shitty attitude that is.

1 Like

How can you be a miner and then complain that miners will now get better prices for minerals now that risk vs reward is more balanced.

I think the problem here is that you wish to mine in Null in relative safety and make a fortune.

Adapt, maybe Null is not for you any more, try Hi-sec, lo-sec or giving me your stuff.

As someone who is primarily a carebear, I love the HP of the ships now and your greed level effects your risk. As it should be.

Agreed, it was the person that said

that I was referring to.

Apparently a good pvp ship costs a fraction of 15m