CCP Hilmar, CCP Falcon, and CCP Goodfella reveal their plans for an Eve Era of CHAOS in this new interview!

Sorry to keep dogging you but ‘COME ON MAN, you gotta be kidding’.

I’ve kept a sub for 11 years that’s paid with real money, been a loyal logger into the game for most of that time. To be quite honest, all of the new content they’ve added over the past few years has at most, been mildly interesting for me, definitely not enough for me to start doing binge playing again like I use to. I’m actually starting to think about turning my character into Alpha clone because of that.

If you don’t enjoy game, don’t play it.

Different people play EVE now. Few years ago (I don’t play for as long as you) people where just for game, for fun and entertainment. Now I only see ISK. How make more in less time and lose as low amount as possible.

I don’t use alts, I hate to min/max. I just enjoy and chill after spending time after hard day in work while playing EVE.

Too many people make from EVE job, thing they need to do. I know its addictive more than worst drugs but for me, biggest issue of EVE are players. I don’t know, maybe I just come across wrong people.

Also, EVE is 16 years old now (?). It’s really hard to bring new content without rewriting everything.

Please let me introduce myself. I am one of the silent pod pilots of New Eden. I have only been playing EVE since 2009. I work full time; have a family and I still find time to play Eve. I am not space poor but not space rich either. I do enough PVE to fuel my PVP. I sub only 4 accounts. I pay for them yearly. I hardly ever use plex. I do not spend a lot of ISK on vanity items. I am probably one of those pilots not discussed in your plans, nor do pilots like me come up in regular discussion. I sub four of accounts each year. I know my $540 USD a year account for very little of the bottom line. To be honest I do not know how many other players out there are like me.
I have seen the great things and the not so great things that CCP has done to keep the Game interesting. For A time, I was vocal on both removing local and cloaky camping as I believed they were both imbalanced. The people doing the “AFK” cloaks were mostly a small handful paid by someone to disrupt activities and they use various barely legal programs to assist. Their Cry is Local is too powerful. They are a vocal bunch. On the other hand, local chat is and was too powerful. Too take it away something needs to be in its place. To be honest there are a great many players that do not say anything. Feeling as I do now that our voices would be drowned out by the few that apparently have no life outside of Eve.
That is now old history.
I read an article about how local going dark in null had the intended consequences. At first I can agree, however I think long term effects are yet to be felt. Yes, at first it was “cool” but now here is what is happening. Content creators are getting burned out trying to find targets of opportunity. Small operations are moving to the big “umbrellas” further polarizing and benefiting the large null sec blocs. Small Indy operations like mine that do not have the time to do things safely, are closing shop.
I will be honest here, the Botters will figure things out far faster than guys like me. My choice is the move most of my operation to high sec. mothball it. Or sell it. And Drop half of my accounts and go PVP only. I do not have the time in the day to set up scouts, completely scan systems down. Even then, when I do it is not safe enough due to no way to see what is in system with me to risk things. You may say I am too risk averse. I say yes I am. Eve takes too much time as it is. I simply do not have the time or the extra disposable income to spare.
I love Eve, I have been playing solid since 2009, with no long-term lapses in my game play. I have logged on almost daily since then. I have carried 4 subbed accounts most of that time. If you goal is to eliminate players like me. Ok, I can handle that, I will not renew subscriptions, and you can take your quick payout and cashout. If you goal is to retain players like me. Looking long term this current meta is not viable. Please take a closer look at your plans and give us some consideration.

13 Likes

Hubba hubba

also

1 Like

You’ve never taken a peek at the Main AFK cloaky thread, have you? It’s not the cloakers that are crying, it’s the botters / renter trash that are being cloaky camped that are crying. Those were the only people that demanded change. Everyone else was fine with the status quo as it was. Which isn’t to say that we don’t welcome the change, but we certainly did not demand it. Least of all with thousands of tear posts as the other side of the coin did.

They should be happy tbh. With local gone, CCP solved AFK cloaking for good. Can’t get all upset about that cloaky when you don’t know he’s there.

2 Likes

True, you don’t see many AFK Cloaking threads for WH space.

Something is already in its place - dscan. Maybe more tools will be developed later.

I think this is the intent. Nullsec should be hard. Highsec should be easy. Lowsec should be intermediate between the two. This has been out of balance for a long time, and I think CCP is trying to correct that. Time will tell if their efforts will be successful but I can’t fault them for trying.

You seem to have been enjoying easy or intermediate level content in what should rightfully be the deep end of the pool. If that seems unfeasible now then things appear to be moving in the right direction. You should relocate to space which is more appropriate to the level of risk which you are willing/able to take. Or adapt and rise to the occasion.

It is viable. You can’t expect the meta to remain static. It changes, and you change with it. Or maybe you win EVE, which is fine too - just remember to give your stuff to someone worthy before you go. I can make some suggestions there.

1 Like

Best type of girls are barely… wait, never mind.

Why safely? Shouldn’t there be an inherent level of risk associated with going and farming/mining the most lucrative, most rewarding section of space?

I can tell you one place that still has local. Lowsec. Can’t you move there? I’m sure there are plenty of good belts and moons you can mine. You dont list this as one of your options. Why not?

7 Likes

So have you considered the fact with Null now more balanced for risk vs reward, that null is not actually designed for someone risk adverse and so you should be in hi or lo-sec instead?

This just looks like you are spitting the dummy because you cannot HTFU and adapt, to quote Null sec players for the last 15 years.

3 Likes

Well written and 100% support.
And contrary to what @Mark_Marconi writes it is not about risk vs reward because the risk vs reward will not change thanks to the big umbrellas

Also, contrary to what @Syeed_Ameer_Ali and @Solonius_Rex write, null was never safe to begin with.

4 Likes

6 Likes

No one said it was 100% safe. But the level of risk in Null has been offset for a while now. No one needs to go further than the MER to see this.

And as I stated, the solution is to go to lowsec, where local still exists. But the OP didnt bring this up, and never went to lowsec, because he knows, lowsec is more dangerous than the nullsec before the blackout. And therein lies the problem. Lowsec was more dangerous than pre-blackout nullsec. Now that nullsec is finally more dangerous than lowsec, he wants to go back to when he was a lot more safer.

2 Likes

If this is not about risk vs reward why does it matter. You cannot be at more risk now.
Or is it that you are at more risk but don’t want to admit you are. As then it would be logical for you to move to somewhere safer.

What I am saying is that your whole risk vs reward is going to fall flat on its face because with the blackout and other idiotic things CCP said on the interview, many will move to the big entities and your whole risk vs reward is not going to work at all.

2 Likes

Either they were renting from them already, or itll be like 200 + The size of an alliance, thats not really a change now is it?

true, but in the overall picture of things, arguments such as risk vs reward and better for smaller entities will fall flat and this whole debacle would have done nothing but turn away players and potential paying customers

2 Likes

Until you can support that statement, I can only suggest you stop with the sour grapes.

No one has pity for the kulaks except themselves.

4 Likes

It doesnt matter though.

The gankers and the campers know where the big entities are, and know that there will always be content in camping and hunting those areas.

The smaller, less well known corps are going to be less active, so they are going to be camped less.

And when youre a hunter bringing along a group of people, youre going to go to places where there are more likely to be content. It always balances itself out.

Thats true for any change, or no change at all. The proliferation of capitals and the ease of rorqual mining and the utter devastation of the minerals market will have undoubtedly driven away some customers too.

The fact that a change might drive away players is never an argument in and of itself.

2 Likes

Gee, should this be added to the blackout or the AFK cloaking thread?

HMMM :rofl: