CCP: I beg you to consider (re-)enabling auto-claim rewards during events

2a53ff1339344084990ad87c9e825944

You’re spot on with this. I guess this has been introduced to stop people auto completing challenges without paying any attention to them. But the implementation is poor. I wouldn’t mind clicking on the challenge on the ui under the system details to complete. But opening the agency every time a challenge is completed is cumbersome.
You would still open it occasionally to track your progress.
Also you don’t need a notification if you just clicked a button to claim something.
Overall though I think this event is the most well balanced we’ve had since I started Playing.

My guess is they want to force people to use the agency window more by making this claim reward clicking mandatory, just so they can have their statistics saying “despite all the complaints more and more people use the agency window, so there is no reason to pay attention to such complaints because according to our data they are completely wrong”.

Just like how they did not implement anything of WiS and as a result nobody used CQ because all that you could do is spend 5 minutes, take a few screensots and you already experienced the entire thing in its fullest, so they claimed “well nobody uses CQ so we just retire it… oh and it is running on outdated software anyway”.

In my opinion they just want to shove down our throats their Shiny™ agency window because they are too lazy and uncaring to listen to feedback and put in the effort to correct its flaws. It is easier to just present statistics data that prove they are right, much less effort.

Just a guess though.

6 Likes

PA will bring you soon Auto-claim function for $3.99 for a week only :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, I do explo and believe me, I ran into the astero bots plenty of times. But, am just saying, I saw a CCP post stating something to this account, it wasn’t that long ago either, just can’t bother to go look for it to link.

Look at parts i have marked with bold.

How is it possible that “fix” which appeared in last event fixed a bug which was “fixed” couple events ago?

Anything that makes AFK playing and/or botting harder is good.

Maybe watch less Netflix when you do the event sites?

1 Like

I agree disable this abomination of a feature, or keep it for the ‘alphas’ but if im a paying gamma i shouldn’t have to have this abomination of a click fest along with the laggy agency window, just to have fun playing the other click fest of the hacking ‘game’!..

Wait is this one of Salvos’ antibotting methods?

1 Like

So your complaint is that you dont pay attention and therefore this is CCPs fault?

It has been like this for the past few events. And yet you are complaining now. So clearly you didnt notice or it wasnt enough to complain until now.

You didnt answer my question.

No, before this “fix”, you did not have to click anything, and you didnt get your reward. And thats the point. Thats the thing that needed to be fixed.

Sure, and im all for changing it to auto-rewards. But people keep saying that this is a bug, that this isnt a feature, and that is what my contention is with them.

It isnt a bug, it is a feature. The fact that you dislike it, doesnt change the fact that it isnt a bug. They kept calling it a bug. It isnt.

I never said it appeared in the last event.

That is actually how PA would do this.

You working for PA? :joy:

Im more interested in what a Gamma account is.

1 Like

Probably new kind of clone grade that will use some of the “life improvements” mechanics soon. :joy:

2 Likes

Not yet, but the the wine confussed the brain, shouldv’e been an Omega, but with our new PA Overlords, now that it has been ‘outed’ the new Gamma account is the future… Pay to win, Black Pudding Online…

1 Like

I complain about the fact that I have to do something that was not necessary before just because CCP is not competent enough to fix a bug.

The click to Claim Reward has absolutely certainly not been in the events before this utterly crappy Abyss event, and it was remarked as one of the most annoying and frustrating features of the Abyss event. It is new then, it was not there or necessary in any of the events before that one.

Why should I answer to such an insolent insult? You do exactly what I predicted and blame users for CCP incompetence. But since you need an answer because you cannot deduce it from my responses: Yes, it is CCP’s fault that people forget to click to claim the reward. This was an unnecessary change, it made the Agency worse, and it did not fix the bug as it only put the mitigation burden on the player. Clear enough?

Before this “fix”, I got all the rewards for all the event tiers that I did. I have never noticed a missing or not updating reward tier. Now I miss out on reward tier contribution points because I cannot click fast enough on Claim Reward.

No one says it is a bug, you say that now. I have never called it a bug, you call it a bug now. I and the other people say that it is an utterly bovine waste feature to mitigate something that CCP is not competent enough to fix properly.
Someone saying “it looks like a bug” is not the same as saying “it is a bug”. More to the point, if a fix to a bug is worse than the bug itself you should maybe get the cue and fix the bug instead of trying to sweep it under the rug and blame users for missing out.

The bug that triggered this utterly bovine waste feature must have been something with timers, where the crap code of the Agency could not compute kills quickly enough or something like this, I do not care. When you kill 5 stirred nest drones nearly simultaneously, hickups can happen and you improve the code. What you do not do as a good programmer is leave the bug as it is and instead make the user click something to claim the reward and by that miss out on reward contributing points because they cannot click fast enough. That is devious, insolent and a clear sign of programmer and/or management incompetence.

You are such a good GSM mouthpiece, you know that? Lying, distorting, distracting wherever you post. Do you get paid for every post that discredits other people? May I suggest that you are a more thorough with your claims in terms of validity and consistency with your own words, though. Search and quoting is a thing. :wink:

We’ve updated how events, challenges, and their rewards are displayed in The Agency, info panels, and in the Neocom menu. Players must now click to claim their rewards.

Since the August patch we only have had the Abyss event and the currently running event.

Manual claiming of rewards was added in last event. This is what people are discussing here.

I dont see any bug fixes there that would correspond to agency events at the same time that change was implemented (there is on 24 tho, so later, and there is also the “claim” button not working fix :joy: ).

All there is only an information “we done that”

Like Angry Joe would say: “You Done ■■■■■■ it Up”

I would say your response is a red hereon. A choice between two bad options is the wrong way to frame it. How about having them auto-claim when you complete them and not have the problem of not registering it.

Why does the agency window need to be the largest window in the game??? It takes up 25% of the screen at its smallest size. It isn’t industry it should be smaller.

The worst is not the agency window that is too big, it is not stupid claiming button mashing, it is combination of those two, because to push that button efficiently claiming rewards you have to get this agency window open at all times, and it is so big it claims most of usable space on one screen (because there is also overwiev, ship modules and health, drones window, chat, and inventory window to manipulate ammo or loot stuff).

I already see people typing - “so get additional monitor you dummy, stop being poor” :joy:

Unfortunately not everyone can expand their desk so much to fit additional stuff on it. For example I would have to buy a new desk. I dont think redesigning my room and buying stuff I would use only to “claim rewards” is justifiable enough. Maybe I am not “hardcore” enough. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes