CCP, I think we need a PVP mode

So are you saying that you feel you should get access to everything right away?

PvP Mode is EvE is the login button. That’s been the whole point of EvE since Day 1.

@Ghost_O_Mo pretty much nailed the issue, so I won’t repeat him.

2 Likes

Thanks Bronson, long time no see.

A ghost of my former self, much like you, but still haunting the place.

No, I don’t mean a noob should be gain everything when they access tranquility. That’s will cost chaos in there,as I said “PVP mode must NOT be directly related to the any existing server” ,We could set a new server(or just modifying a test sever into PvP server), and PvP mod will be more competitively and fast-paced, It may absorb lot of newfaces into this game, familiar with ships and fits. If they want to take a try in tranquility, it will be save a lot of time to familar the ship fit system (but other parts, for sake, skills, yes, they need spent time)

Besides Novice FW plexes…

So lets change a great sandbox game into a WoW clone with ■■■■ PvP?

No -1

You been down there? It’s been a while, but last time I checked that scene it was a friggin mess.

I wouldn’t have gone PvP if that was my intro.

So they log into a different server INSTEAD of EVE, that is even more horrible.

Define mess? You go there, you get fights, what is the issue?

From your smugly sarcastic perspective, allow me to assume you are a null player who learned about small scale and frigate fights on the forums.

I’ve done those plexes (albeit years ago), but they’re a mess for several reasons:

1. The fight is a meaningless pitting of ships against each other that both sides have already mentally written off… it’s not a fight, but instead a sparring with the emotional equivalent of a practice match against a stranger.

2. the majority of the people you encounter don’t want fights, they’re just farming LP (and I understand the botting is pretty bad down there now). But the incidence of trying to fight warp stabbed and leech fit rigs actually is the majority of your interactions.

3. when you do meet a fight, the probability of it being a tackle followed by group kicking is high.

Overall, the effort vs value is unbalanced (or was when I did it) and the meaning is just now there.

3 Likes

Just wrong.

Since this was in the context of new players, again just wrong and when the new player does find it meaningless they can graduate to smalls.

I can’t find the actual patch note but I am sure this change was made:

That is about system selection, in really popular systems yes but otherwise I find it rare (in smalls) to have it ever be more that 1 additional ship, sometimes 2. This is where player skill comes in. If you sit on the landing point the advantage is you can lock and fire right away. If you stand off the advantage is you can align and warp out if the number don’t look good.

It’s excellent to have someone of your obvious self-superiority to help me see that the system is perfect.

Thanks for that… I’m now sure it’s not the bot laden mess I thought.

2 Likes

You are welcome for the education.

You’re welcome for a mild addition to your self worth.

But, have you ever actually participated in this system?

Zkill shows you lost 2 ships in null… and nothing else. From whence does your qualitative appreciation for the low sec pve driven PvP model come?

My points are from the last I played that system. I’ve heard more recently that the whole scene is full of Atron bots… has that been patched?

I still think it’s meaningless MOBA style combat… of little more interest than PvE. A distinction that I think is lost on today’s player, who are unaccustomed to the strong flavor of the emotionally charged fights of yesteryear.

Mo

2 Likes

I’d like to think that you know me as a reasonable person at this point Salt.

Believe me when I say that @Ghost_O_Mo knows more about small scale frigate combat than pretty much any other pilot I know. He spent years teaching rookies how to PvP. He’s not just bellyaching, he lived and breathed this stuff in his day. His specific understanding may be a bit out of date, but from my own experiences in losec, his observations are still pretty accurate.

4 Likes

Then he shouldn’t get all emotional when updated with new information :rofl:

Your particular style of posting has been known to elicit emotional reactions.

Just sayin’…

(That doesn’t make you wrong. It just makes you…Salt.)

1 Like

Oh come on.

Those people are all really thin skinned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re more or less talking about what you can do on the test server already.

There’s no need to add another server.

As it is on the LIVE server player corps/alliances run PVP events, and CCP run PVP events too, there’s even PVP roam fleets running every week, but you have to be involved to enjoy it, if you can’t be bothered finding a fleet to do these then its your own fault, not CCP’s or anyone elses.

3 Likes