CCP killed highsec PvP

Not sure about everyone but your pet already liked your post :ok_hand:

1 Like

And even as “tip” it is useless. Because i already have dock/undock bookmarks in every place i visit often. Even “200km off gate” in many low-sec and 0.0 systems (because of bubbles and smart-bombers).

So yeah, something about quality of your information…

2 Likes

Then ignore it if it’s so useless lol

Also lol @ the mass flagging

Doms butthurt is very deep…
I dont think he will recover.

1 Like

Oh don’t worry, you didn’t. You could not if you wanted to. You on the other hand seem quite salty lately.

Have you installed EVE yet?

What butthurt @Salvos_Rhoska?
I’m not the one who made videos because of some Internet forum argument :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And shooting fish in a barrel is still hunting as you always have to find the barrel first.

Being correct and still missing the point is quite a skill.
(And I’ll toss a coin with you as to which of the two of us is better at it.)

i think they should dumb it down more, most highsec ‘pvp’ is just a couple of bellends looking for easy kills; they have no real target as such, theres no emnity; no real cause for the wardec, no purpose other than wanting to troll those that cant or wont fight.

Part of the issue is the crimewatch patch, years ago can baiting or griefing was the cause of many a fun war - this was when many actually used to hang around in the hs belts jetcan mining. The other part is that many others simply no longer have any interest in fighting hubcampers that dont fight 1 on 1; most of the groups that wardec have neutral logi in place around the system they operate - and most often this system has nothing to do with their targets other than maybe being a choke point.

What has to be found is a valid balance between wardecking for purpose (ie valid target aquired be it a structure or maybe a corp that operates near and around lowsc/null entry point) and those that simply wardeck for hubcamping and greifing.

Bad example of tired and misuse of the wardeck mechanic would be wardecking my newbro corp after only being created less than 2 months in game… corp has no assets in space, few members and most of those new to the game; thats not looking for pvp, theres no real reason there other than kb padding with some newbro kills.

At the end of the day the main issue i see is it really stems from abuse of the system (wardeck for the sake of wardeck) and lack of viable strategic resources in highsec to fight over.

4 Likes

looking at your killboard im gonna have to say it doesnt appear you brought much to the game anyway, in fact it screams at me that you are a terrible person and bad at pvp.

Get out of highsec you nub and look for something that might actually fight back for a change.

It’s actually from licking my balls, which are rather hairy.

Bad example of tired and misuse of the wardeck mechanic would be wardecking my newbro corp after only being created less than 2 months in game… corp has no assets in space, few members and most of those new to the game

So while I understand where you are coming from and even Fozzie echo’s your sentiment, we don’t want Fozzie decs in highsec. With the inclusion of injectors, we have no way to tell if your corp is really a newbro corp or just a bunch of bitter vets’ injected alts.

Forcing wardecs to revolve around structures poses new problems as well. It will encourage groups to get larger and consolidate power, so war decs will be even more one sided than they are now. What stops me from anchoring a fortizar in a dead end highsec system and makeing it really tough to kill by anyone in highsec?

Currently, yes.
The literal point of this thread is lamenting the now bygone era of not being hubhumping war spamming lazy gits .
that’s the only viable way to operate at the moment.

Cop the feck on, war as a mechanical means to have conflict in empire space needs attention. OK upon re reading your post yeah I see you get this.

Nice to meet a man who knows how to take care of himself. Grooming is everything.

And now we know you also swallow … hence the hairballs.

1 Like

Because gank fail attempts do not leave a record that anybody cares for. Had a couple of twits attempt a kill on a mining frigate. Why one of them was using a faction ship for a suicide attempt? Who knows and who cares.

It is easy to “always” win when loses are not reported.

Do link that faction ship that failed to gank you…

OMG Rare breed PVP Angst Carebear. Well yes if you want the good fight take it to where the fight is rather then spout angry conjecture and we eventually start hearing lines from the Author of the post to this extent. I did not want that ship , for the eventual time that targeted weak target he shoots has genuine skills and BOOMS him , or I was not using my main I would have won is I was on my main.

I think the real issue the dude has is Cnncord he  never even mentioned them , the silent killer of  weak gankers.

To my fellow Highsec Players rebel against him , remember the standard 3 rule , Let them shoot first . Don’t open the loot cans of others, and never fly something you cant afford to replace.

The complaint is somewhat broad, almost as if the OP has downgraded his account from Omega to Alpha.

A post full of selfish rubbish, which will be repeat ad nauseam as long as forums exist. Not just EVE forums, but any forums of any game.

Because forums are part of the game, part of the PvP.

We fight each other here to try and score wins. Wins which translate as rule changes which favor us.

The OP is not one of the better examples of this selfish posting. They don’t even look at numbers, like the thousands of ships that get exploded in high sec, every day.

Nor does the OP look at systems that exist, like duels. That seems a pretty good way to have high sec PvP.

Because the OP doesn’t care about high sec PvP, at all. Not even a little bit.

All the OP wants is to beat other people, and the best way to do that is to get CCP to give them an advantage over other customers.

All I can say is that the OP needs to git gud at both high sec PvP (and forum posting) if they want more success.

1 Like

You know, this might not be too far off. It is never really clear if your posts are actually meant humorous, or dead serious, because you never use ANY emoticons at all.

Considering that it is mostly impossible to tell when you are actually trolling, not actually trolling, serious or humorous, AND considering how you occupy threads and jump on posts as if people were directly talking to you personally, you could absolutely be one of the top trolls on this forum.

3 Likes

The explanation for what the OP describes is very simple: there’s different versions of CCP with different goals and (dis)abilities.

Start - 2006: the OG, they wanted to make a cool pure PVP game. They were creators, capable and daring to think outside the box, to make something new and unseen. That is how you end up with something amazing that has no competitors. They played the game themselves and PVPed a lot.

2007-2011: the creators got replaced by caretakers. Not as capable, not PVPers, they weren’t invested into the game or its premise and they certainly didn’t play the game. This is where CCP’s stance changed from “make a cool pvp game” to “get 300k subs”, they got illusions of grandeur and starting working on side projects (WoD) and other stuff but as stated: they’re caretakers, not creators.

2011-13 the “oh ■■■■, we fcked up” CCP. Where they realized to their horror that they lacked the capabilities to make something of their own, so they had better start putting in effort into EVE again before they lost their job.

2013-now a more professional CCP, creating changes and content that works.

CCP moved away from being PVPers, then moved away from actually playing the game. There’s numerous examples of changes or devs showcasing a hilarious lack of knowledge on the game:

• CCP C̶l̶u̶e̶s̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ Greyscale when he introduced Crimewatch at fan fest. They had worked so hard on it but seconds after showcasing it people in the audience instantly saw the issues and loopholes and started asking questions about them. CCP Clueless had no idea, no understanding. You could see the fear in his eyes, entirely clueless.

• fairly recently, the bong sound when you got a kill. Let that sink in: a bong sound… when you get a kill… and you can’t shut it off. People who actually PLAY EVE (I don’t count mining as playing EVE, at best you’re Netflixing with a variable background) will instantly realize that this idea would get annoying really really quickly.

But somehow some Dev thought it up, it make it past the concept stage, past the planning stage, past the production stage, past the testing stage and the QA (lol) stage. It got on Sisi and eventually it made it to TQ. To be shot down, dismembered and removed within 24 hours because THAT ■■■■ GOT ANNOYING INSTANTLY! But somehow the devs didn’t think of this, at any stage of the process it could have been stopped going “hey wait a minute, this will be terrible” but it didn’t. And that can only happen if the devs involved don’t actually play the game. QED

All the changes that happened to, or involved, high sec always have some extra tidbit in there, hidden away, that makes life JUST that little bit easier for the lazy, non-effort carebear. Some are obvious, many are not and possibly not even in the patch notes. You just notice them going “uhh, when did that change?”. It’s a process that started around 2008 and hasn’t stopped yet, and that is what the OP is noticing.

4 Likes