CCP killed highsec PvP

i think this is worth restating

4 Likes

im considerably better than the op at both and if you say something like this again ill hunt you down and shoot you in the mouth myself.
(in-game obviously)
empire war is in a bad way.
to clarify, I’m not sticking up for the op , he’s a cartoon cutout pretending to be a PvP’r so you arent entirly wrong to slag him off
but i’m telling you some of his complaints are quite valid and have been raised by players much better than he

6 Likes

Oh no, Ralph King-Griffin threatening to go mad? … We all better dock up!

I get your complaint and the OP’s, but the complaint is so broad that one has to wonder if you two did wake up to this only now and because you’re incapable to adapt to the changes over time, or, if something else has gotten into your cup of tea.

Who complains about interceptors getting away, when they’re designed to catch up to others? Isn’t this an inherent feature of their design and isn’t the complaint not just simply one-sided?

The MWD/Cloak trick is old, if not ancient, and now suddenly it’s become a problem, and specifically for high-sec PvP? How is it now a problem and why for high-sec?

Tethering at structures eliminates PvP? No, it is a part of PvP just as docking up is or sitting behind a POS force field. How is this different?

How can you use this to start making a discussion on the problems on anything?

It reads like somebody partied too long last night, burned out, and now needs 5 seconds to press a mouse button and complains how the mouse is causing headaches.

I dont troll, except in very rare occasions, usually using obvious satire.
I find trolling pointless, useless and dishonest.
Saying what one means, and meaning what one says is far more interesting, powerful and honest, and I appreciate that above all in others.

Believe me, if my intent here was to troll, Id be doing incalculably more “damage” than you perceive me as doing now, and you wouldn’t even know it was happening.

I may be somehow atypical/eccentric, but I do. not. troll.

With me, you genuinely get what you see. I’m not pretending to be anything/someone/thinking something I do infact not. This character is “me” in the game/forum context. The avatar looks like me, all its views are mine, and Ive even posted vids of me live. If you met and talked with me IRL, you’d think “Yep, thats Salvos”, and realize I do. not. troll.

My one fault perhaps, is biting too much bait, especially as I deliberately/consciously take sarcasm literally, because I wont play their silly games on their terms. I detest people that use sarcasm as an excuse to veil their arguments.

4 Likes

I agree with that. We are on the same page on this. What you are still missing, and I believe it comes from experience eventually, is to be able to let it go when people fail to consider the literability of people. I know that that’s not a word, but I know you understand it anyway.

If everyone would take everyone else literally, we would stop having communication problems alltogether… and that can be learned.

I am absolutely convinced that many will say that this is already happening anyway. Sometimes, at least. : - )

Yes, I am aware of that. You are authentic. Something many people are not, though on the internet only the worst, and or troubled, seem to have “issues” with authenticity.

Two things on this.

1. You absolutely do react too intense, very often. Not the posts themselves, but the frequency.
  2. I agree on the “sarcasm”, but calling it “passive aggressiveness” is what hits closer to home.

Thank you for the insights!

2 Likes

I’ve been having this discussion for two years.
This is just the latest thread, and a poor one at that.

1 Like

Yep…only change inty got does not even effect empire. Bubble nullify. It changed 0.0 and brought travelceptor to the forefront. As prior to that t3c only had this feature with a subsystem.

Empire care bears jsut read up and said…oh, this is cool. you can teach empire bears something pvp related. As travelceptor had been a 0.0 thing long before this.

MWD cloak trick…practice and get good at bumping or getting close to break the decloak range. I know this will be hard, current bumpers are spec’d for orca’s lol. In 0,0 I ahve been found using this trick. Blow up well earned. Pilot who got the decloak action flew better than I did to dredge the net as it were. Way it should be. Put work in, get kills. Jsut throw up a crap camp, get less/no kills.

2 Likes
  1. You suck at pvp, no matter where it is taking place.

2. Other people that dont suck at pvp are blowing up ships in highsec space everyday, all day.

Hi Holly holey, been a while.

i fixed that for you, yw :slight_smile:

1 Like

True, some carebears stay their entire life in highsec shooting NPC ships, or if that is too dangerous for them, shooting rocks. Still, they bring in money for CCP and free targets for me, so I’m not complaining.

Pve bears: “there is too much highsec pvp.”

Pvp bears: “highsec pvp is dead.”

:thinking: someone has to be wrong no? :thinking:

I think you can reconcile the two points of view if you understand that in the true carebear’s mind, any amount of non-consensual PvP in highsec is too much. Even if highsec PvP has diminished by 90% since the heyday of this game, there is still a non-zero amount of PvP going on and that unsettles the carebear mind.

It’s why we have the ‘one more nerf’ phenomenon - no matter how much CCP restricts highsec PvP with nerf after nerf, if a skittish carebear hears or sees of one person losing their stuff (or experiences it themselves), they will conclude something is broken and ask for yet another change to the game, this one for sure being the very last one to put everything into balance!

2 Likes

I think that is OK, give hi sec to pve-ers and miners and REMOVE wardecs,
after that move eve will hvhe much more players returned because hre will bi no more griefing and normal players will have value for their money.

All pvp-ers and other agressive crazy killers will have whole low sec and null sec so they can kill each others whole the time and live alone normal players.

3 Likes

Erm

No.

InB4 “I give CCP my money, I demand…”

2 Likes

You can no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no as much as you want but this is not your call, Joseph Gallo and Birgir Mar Ragnarsson will decide.

1 Like

Why would they even listen to your safebear arse? :joy:

Adapt or die

You are wrong again, Hilmar Veigar Petursson and CCP hf must “Adapt or die”

Why should he?

Stop being so self-centered lol, you’re not the center of the universe :joy:

1 Like