CCP killed highsec PvP

We’re going in circles. I’ll take a break.

You are going in circles.
Im going in a straight line.

1 Like

I can quite easy actually.
Im -10 so whatever war dec you throw at me is perfectly fine, as I wont have gategun against me :wink:

Heck, I even have the balls to not post with an alt, imagine that.
Your posting is as brave as your pvp I suppose

1 Like

White vs Salvos on any random thread…

catpong

3 Likes

I had no doubt that you would. You’ve been playing for a long time. Maybe you can say what you think about the idea to make the cost of wardecs depended on the size of who declares war against whom. Salvos thinks we should make large corporations, who declare war on small corporations, pay more, because he wants war to be “more fair”, or somehow balanced and equalized. Is this what you think should be or what is your experience on EVE after you’ve played here since almost the beginning? “Adapt or die”, or a little bit more fairness for the little ones?

Do you disagree larger Corp should be charged more to punch down at smaller Corps in wardec, than smaller Corps to punch up at larger Corps in wardec?

If the price is the same for both, it breaks Malcanis’ Extended Law.

Salvos what you are proposing will encourage defender types to sit in one man corps instead of developing bigger more interactive corps. Can you think of a way around this?

1 Like

Honestly, the problems with war dec’s is that they will always be unfair.
90% of war dec corps do it to grief rather then to have fun fights, and another issue is that it forces so many of the newer players to stay in noob corps rather then joining what could have been fun corps even in high sec.

War decs have for the most part done nothing but hurt player retention in this game, and sadly I dont see a single way to improve that.
You can add costs (has been done drasticly in the past), and it will still not do anything to stop grifers.
What CCP simply has to deside is quite simple really, do they want to sacrifice the playstyle of high sec griefers (and the few that does actual high sec pvp), or do they sacrifice new player retention, because they cant have both.

2 Likes

I dont agree, and that is the case now anyways + Corp flipping + NPC Corp, which are all addressed in my package proposal.

If someone wants to sit in a 1 man Corp, thats fine. Wardec them (stupid, unless its Kane, in which case HE will wardec you) and try to hunt the guy while he afks…

If you have 10+ members, wtf do you care about 1 guy in 1 Corp? (Again, unless its Kane, in which case you are fked no matter what).

What if a 100-man corp have a mining fleet, and the 1-man corp comes and bumps their Orcas? You still think they shouldn’t declare war?

I need to read your package proposal again, can you link it for me please.

I was trying to work out some way to push people to want to team up with others in the more general indy / PvE and the odd war dec for reasons type of corp, that used to be the case when I started in hisec with the indy alts of nullsec players actually wanting people in their indy corps, though they were a bit paranoid about war decs even then.

If you have 10+ people in your corp and none of them have any PvP skills to speak of then a one man war dec is not good news and especially daunting if it is someone like Kane.

That’s already working with the current wardecs. The larger ones declare war on the smaller ones only to show them that size matters. Marmite has been doing this for years. They’re probably the biggest high-sec PvP corporation there is. Only CODE has more members (judging by the numbers on Dotlan).

It’s just not everyone’s idea of how recruitment should be. Some envision a more civil and human approach, or shall I say a more peaceful approach.

Marmite and such only came to be after CCP upped the war dec prices a long time ago tho.
EVE players will always go to great lengths to find easy kills, and some will go further then others sadly.
The entire war dec system needs a massive change, but how is rather impossible to say, because someone will find a way to exploit it no matter what.

Remove high sec war dec’s and you will have a ton of people whine and cry about how this game shouldnt provide anywhere safe etc, just as the high sec gankers do whenever the slightest change to suicide ganks happen.
But, I really do belive CCP must act soon to help newer players get a better experience early on in this game and they do now because of all the griefers (Marmite, Code and god knows who else)

Adjusted my earlier comment to make it totally evident what I meant. Hint I was not talking about corps or alliances formed purely to war dec others.

Are you talking about the mass Alpha characters created by Tora to make war decking them a lot more expensive?

I’ve (as have others) already proposed an alternative, to create a new type of corporation, the social corporations. Less privileges (i.e. no structures) when compared to current corporations, but unable to participate in warfare. Those however who want war should accept it with the full consequences.

But if a change is really needed, then it should only be add to the existing game and not throw the existing meta over board, because of a group of players who think they need to destroy it.

Not a bad idea really, because I really do belive the current ganks and war dec’s hurt CCP in the long run, and that hurts the game as well

I’ll take anything if they lose the friendly fire switch.

Oh how I loved (and miss) awoxing in hisec.

It’s not my idea, but I don’t know who started it. I merely support the idea of giving those who sit in NPC corporations a means to team up without going straight into a full war, if that’s what’s holding them back.

How many of the existing corporations will switch over and thus leave high-sec warfare is another question. It will have an effect on the large corporations and it will remove some of their targets, possibly even cause them to lose a few players, and increase ganking, too.

As the blueprint for this social corp is no shared hanger and no structures I would think no real impact, it will however give new players a chance to develop together which is good, but it is not going to be a huge thing unless the tax rate is made interesting for missions runners as compared to NPC corps, which I seriously doubt will happen.

You need to be specific on what large corporations you are talking about, because a large war dec corp is not the same as a large corp focussed on indy in attitude and reaction to such changes.

I hear that said by many, but in reality most war dec characters in hisec are high SP and full of bling, though a fair sub-set of war deckers also run ganking characters. I think it will make little difference to be blunt.

Story of his life.