CCP killed highsec PvP

Umm…no. The whole point of EVE–for me–is to have fun. Mining and making things and sometimes just flying around enjoying the sights.

No matter how much you pvp types insult and ridicule, I’m not going to be your easy target.

My way of avoiding ganks and war decs is to log off and go read a book. To occupy the little bit of free time I have I can play EVE or do something else. I own hundreds of books and I have a wonderful wife that I can take to the mall and wait for while she shops. I don’t need EVE if it’s going to be stressful and depressing.

7 Likes

Your personal opinion does not matter, though. Your statement is equivalent to someone declaring that, for him, all the pieces on a chessboard can move like the Queen and then he gets angry when people tell him that it is wrong.

Bye then.

2 Likes

The whole point of EVE is to make money for CCP.

4 Likes

My first thought was that you may need some new books.

I was thinking about how many mariages had been saved by war decs…

7 Likes

Yes, my personal opinion does indeed matter. I choose what to do with my time, and I have a great deal of fun playing exactly the way I want to play.

I dont “get mad” when some stranger on the internet tries to impose his reality on me. I just laugh at him (and you).

4 Likes

“Ralph King-Griffin’s Marital Maintenance Services”

:thinking:

5 Likes

If you think about it, the whole idea of ganking in hi-sec is odd. You pvp types love to lecture the rest of us about “risk vs reward” and “you consent to pvp the moment you undock.” You try to make Eve into a mirror of what you perceive the Darwinian “real world” to be.

But in the entire history of real life piracy, there has never been a pirate who attacked a ship KNOWING that it would mean the loss of his own ship and his own death.

Ganking in hi sec is just a gamey tactic. It’s nothing more than game-sanctioned griefing. It’s just a way of getting easy kills and ruining someone’s day.

If you really want to be a tough guy, pick a system in 0.0 space and take it over.

6 Likes

Its a good thing eve players are a tiny community. Otherwise the world might have a population boom.

1 Like

Far more accurate, would be that CCP has killed Player NS PvP.

Just sayin’

1 Like

No, it does not. That is just you believing it does, but it does not. Opinions exist plentifully, and most are not worth paying attention to, because they come from minds that do not spend time actually thinking about them. You can laugh at anyone you want … if it gives you satisfaction, then you will never be really happy anyway.

Have a nice day laughing, pretending that you matter.

Well, let me just change my entire life around because of what some stranger on the internet says.

6 Likes

You probably also said that to the one tall guy in class, you know … the teacher … who kept telling you things you barely remember nowadays and never cared about anyway. :slight_smile:

I don’t know how many players know this, guess not many seeing how it seems to be a hot topic and proposals are being made to address the issue, but it is perfectly possible within currently existing game mechanics to easily and instantaneously determine the online status of any pilot at any moment. It’s not automatic like a watchlist would, you have to manually check it every time you want to know, but it’s very easy and straightforward once you know how to do it.

Our AG group used to do it all the time when camping/hunting gankers. We would go after lower priority targets while higher priority ones where offline, then go after the higher priority ones as soon as we detected they had logged on. We also used it to check whether gankers we were camping had jumped to another system or just logged off when they played games to try to get rid of us (they never could :grin:).

PS: I couldn’t stand the incredibly silly removal of the Agent Finder, so I stopped playing in January, cancelled my subscriptions, and may not activate them again until CCP brings the full functionality of the Agent Finder back, which may never happen. Hence I cannot be currently contacted in game, and am not willing to reveal in a public forum how it works either, just saying it can be done and there may be players that know how to do it just like I do…

1 Like

You are aware they have changed the chat backend, removing all workarounds? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And… this is something they said they would fix… almost 2 years ago.
This is the reason why this has been a “hot topic”, and proposals have been provided.
Because the workaround could be removed at any given time, as is was just a few weeks ago.

5 Likes

Not anymore. The workaround was patched out in March along with the changes to the chat system.

1 Like

Ah, I see, hehe.

EDIT: Just checked again and can’t see any mention to this in the patch notes nor in the dev blog, that’s why I didn’t know

1 Like

Hi-sec is not realy for fighting unless you declare war on some one. then you just go kill there structures then camp the trade hubs. there is no other reason to have a war declared. its like when people declare war on null corp/alliances. its pointless because most of the people just go back to null and do there stuff there. every now and then you will catch some one but its usually in a cheap ship. if you want to fight then leave your 4 bill t3c in high sec and come to null. but you wont cuz your bad at the game and can only fight weaker people. its like when pirate gets curb stomped. they immediately undeclare war and will never do it again. because if they cant solo win they run and hide.

5 Likes

As a reasonable response to players being farmed to death (unsubscribe) by other players. Are there issues with the many ways people can be “safe” in space: yes, absolutetly. That being said, you cannot touch these issues without looking at it from both sides. If you want to enforce more PVP, you’d also need to make it less safe for the agressors to simply farm people, at least in Highsec. I’m all for less safe, but really for all sides involved.

You find similar things all over the place. Why do so many people use kitey stuff? - Because cyno mechanics are currently too powerful against brawlers. Etc. Currently there are just too many incentives to blop instead of PVP.

Then again, players are also lazy. People camp gates because it is more convenient and offers more kills,loot/hour than hunting people within Relic Sites or Anoms.

Risk aversity breeds risk aversity and unless CCP comes up with a solution that makes the game less safe for EVERYONE, it wouldn’t do any good.

1 Like