CCP Mining IS BROKEN!

with special thanks to Seagull and his/her initiative: “force everyone in null nullsec”

1 Like

Find 0.5 system with many moons - you will get your asteroids for sure. You even do not need to be in a corp, that installed athanor, rocks it produces are massive and unprotected. I would say now high sec mining is in much better condition once you leave 0,6-1.0 sec systems.
Solo ice mining is a meh, though.

2 Likes

Literally huh? LIke there is absolutely nothing left anywhere in New Eden for you to mine? Come on.

Of course if you set up shop 3j from Jita you are going to face competition. This is a competitive game and you aren’t the only one with the “bright” idea to mine near the largest trade hub in the game. It’s going to be prime spot for elite miners, who are more capable and organized than you are to take those resources before you, especially when you stick to your safe, but low-yield Procurers and Skiffs. The NPCs are the least of your problems, and one easily dealt with.

“If you can stand the heat, get out of the kitchen” one great US American president once said. Your approach is apparently sub-optimal and isn’t cutting it, giving you two options:

1. Get gud: improve your game. Shoot the competition. Bump the competition. Wardec the competition. Out-mine the competition. Where applicable, that includes the NPCs.
  2. Move: if you can’t compete with the elite miners, then it is time to drop down a league or two. There are 1212 highsec systems, almost all of them near-empty and full of belt after belt of ore. Even ice belts if you go out far enough, or to a highsec island. I promise you that almost all of the ore in highsec is still there unmined each down-time. No ore to mine happens in just a handlful of places, a dozen or so systems tops, so go find yourself a new home where your lackadaisical mining style will be more fruitful in the absence of competition.
5 Likes

if my competition was human I might not have such a problem, I have 4 hours to wait for an ice belt at around 1 hour gone server start up because every ice belt is depleted, so lets mine some ORE oh wait NPCs have cleared it all. Sooo now I need to think of a 3rd task to do while I wait for asteroids to re spawn. This wasn’t an issues before all the changes and waiting games. We have stuff to do in life if you get a few hours to find ice and mine it well lets just say you may need to quit your life to get ice now. Which thats ok if you like to game in a back ally some place because you can’t pay rent! It’s not realistic to expect people to sit around all day long.

If you are bothered with waiting, level 3 Abyss sites can be completed in 10 minutes time in cheap DPS tanked Gila. And you can have them anytime, anywhere any amount you like. If you are afraid of Level 3 - take level 2. Even low skill char can get out of it as many ISK as you will get from mining your best belt for 10 minutes.
Here is your fit:
[Gila, Abyss L2 mining]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
C3-A ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Medium Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Valkyrie II x2
Infiltrator II x2
Vespa II x2
Hammerhead II x2
Valkyrie II x2

Just launch drones and slow boat to the cash. Remember, that your launchers deal with small targets better, than drones. Not much harder, than sitting next to the rock and staring at lasers.

2 Likes

@Odissac_Sharisa Don’t limit your self to 1 system set your self up in a few different system’s.

Look on Dotlan for ice in the area around where you are, leave some ships set up in that system then just jump in something fast and go to where the ice/ore is and enjoy mining.

2 Likes

There are plenty of empty fields.

This is just nonsense.

5 Likes

There are NPCs all over highsec and yet there is still plenty of ore everywhere except the systems surrounding Jita and a few other exceptional places. The NPCs may be some much needed competition to liven up highsec, but your real problem is the other PC miners who are taking what is there before you.

Maybe that is in part because of things you cannot change like your time zone, but the root of the problems is the other players are taking the resources before you, or more efficiently than you. Get better or move.

Dude, it sounds like you want to play in the big leagues, but without putting in your dues. If you can’t “pay the rent” of living next to Jita, then you will have to move to some back alley to get more space, or deal with living in a tiny box and living off the scraps the big boys leave for you. Complaining that the rent is too damn high is going to get you nowhere, not when so much of highsec is dangerously underpopulated.

It’s fine, not every miner has it in them to be one of the elite and carve out a piece of New Eden’s riches for themselves next to Jita. There is no shame in capitulating to these alpha dogs, putting your tail between your legs and heading off to a less competitive locale to do your AFK mining in poor-yield/max-tanked ships.

Dotlan (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/stats/2018-09) has a list of least travelled systems:

Perhaps a miner of your calibre would have more success in one of these places?

5 Likes

Good idea, come to Moh. And don’t forgett to say “Hello” to the locals when crossing the Sazdih Constellation. I may greet back when online.

1 Like

No miner, or industrialist for that matter uses jita other than as a market place.

The richest miners live in null

reading that i’m thinking you’d be making a new thread if we showed up with our mining fleet mining whatever it is you’d want to mine, and we’d be mining it away right from under your nose.

1 Like

FTFY :smiley:

2 Likes

Delve certainly has the highest concentration of rich miners. But esoteria is starting to catch up.

1 Like

You are thinking too linear. Everything has a trade value. If you mine x amount of Trit it can be sold to buy x amount of Morphite or Zydrine, etc… Also, moon mining.

Does it hurt your feelbads that players are doing things their way and not yours?? :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

We’ll see how things roll in Delve when Pearl Abyss sends out lawyers to make sure RMT dies. People won’t be so motivated when RL $$$ isn’t flowing in.

2 Likes

Solution to your problem is anchoring athanor and mining what you get that way… no npcs.

2 Likes

You are mining in a belt - that’s the entire problem. But better solutions require effort.

• Mining in Ore anons does not have NPCs to complete with. You need to mobile.

• Mining Missions - it earns ISK, LP and some standings. Zero completion.

• Mining in Security Missions. Some of these missions have belts. You have to be combat scanned before someone can mess with you. With a insta-warp from your station, this allows you to bling to Augmented Drones, a Hulk, Mining Drone Rigs. But you may have complete/skip several missions to get a decent hidden and personal asteroid belt.

• Make friends with someone that have as a Moon Mining operation. Might even come with boosts.

1 Like

Wait. It’s delve that’s rmting now? I thought it was the drone Russians and then the Chinese. (Who actually had their CEO banned for it. So that one I do believe)

If all the accusations are to be believed then EVERYONE is selling their isk and it’s a wonder all of null-sec aren’t space poor

There is plenty of ore in highsec between systems off the beaten paths and refinery generated belts.
The npc miners are just there for adding more life to the environment

1 Like

I agree that static belt respawns during DT are problematic as people in the wrong time zones are screwed. But there is still plenty of ore in hisec in those belts and anomalies as well.
If anything, static belts should be eliminated. No more “wrong time zone” problem. Those NPC miners should be also coming to the moon mining party and mining anomalies (which would in turn need to become more common).