CCP plans to remove PvP from HS

Seems that you don’t understand the meaning of the word “adapt.” You can’t “adapt” to the complete removal of something. If CCP decides to one fine day remove the ability to attack other players, those who PvP won’t be able to “adapt” to this change.

This isn’t like CCP redoing mineral yield rates, and splitting up ore types between space. To that, a miner can adapt by redoing their spreadsheets, and figuring out a way to mine in regions that aren’t high-sec while minimizing their losses.

But over the years, CCP have made lots of changes to their game with regard to its PvP aspect that literally removed the ability to do certain things. For example, players who stole ore/can-baited miners weren’t able to adapt when CCP completely eliminated the need to mine into a can by giving barges massive cargo holds, and created the Orca. Players who infiltrated player corporations via social engineering in order to assassinate targets within weren’t able to adapt when CCP made it so that killing a corporation member got you killed by CONCORD. And on, and on, and on.

How many changes were made that targeted PvE that carebears didn’t have the possibility to adapt to? I can’t really think of any.

2 Likes

Given that Awoxing was made famous via low sec ganks where someone was lured out to lowsec with something bling, they absolutely could adapt. It would just take a lot more effort and they don’t want to adapt.
Also note the longer saying is usually adapt or die, and it’s ok to choose the die option as well. It’s not like it’s real death.

Is everything you say just a stream of asinine misinformation?

The activity you’re describing is a completely different one, and awoxing most certainly did not revolve around bringing people out into low-sec.

Yes it did.
That is literally what Awox did. And why we call it Awoxing.

You can call it whatever you want, but bringing someone out into low-sec to kill them is a completely different act from assassinating someone who would never go there because they have no business there to begin with.

Yes
Just block him, it will save you a lot of headache.

Then scrublords like him are going to roam around freely, spouting nonsense that some new player might read and take at face value. Better to fight them head-on so that they can’t get away with corrupting the youth with their cretinous hogwash.

Why yes, referring to the actual acts that made Awoxing famous and the player that started it all are totally nonsense…
You are the one who tried to cite tradition and got it wrong here, you just keep raging when you get called out for being wrong on stuff and then back-pedal and try and pretend you meant something else.

Note how I mentioned nothing about “awoxing” in my original post; you did.

At Psychotic Monk’s place, where most people joined corporations with the intent of killing the members because it’s legal, everyone called exactly that awoxing - or safari as he personally called it - and no one cared about getting people to lowsec, because there was no need.

A Practical Guide to Highsec Awoxing - INN (imperium.news)

At some point, when the game mechanics changed to help CEOs prevent awoxing
… Psychotic Monk came up with the opposite to keep going.

Reversing Safaris | Belligerent Undesirables (wordpress.com)

Can you just stop now? You haven’t even tried proving your claim and instead just insist on it being correct,
making yourself look like an idiot because literally everyone else disagrees with you.

It does not matter if Awox pulled people into lowsec to kill them.
The intent was getting to kill people without punishment by game mechanics.
The outcome was killing people without punishment by game mechanics.

Pull that thick skull out of your ass, Nevyn.

3 Likes

Yes it does, it proves that even if PvP was removed from HS, which I seriously doubt would happen, Awoxing could still continue. Since that is literally how it started.
As for ‘proving’ my claim, seriously? That’s in line with proving the sky is blue.

You’d actually have a very hard job proving that; the sky isn’t actually blue at all, we merely perceive it that way due to biology and the way our atmosphere interacts with light.

Interesting fact, on Mars the sky is reddy pink during the day and blue at sunrise and sunset, the reverse of what we see here on Earth.

3 Likes

If you are trying to jump on the jump on Nevyn train, you could do better than a pedantic non sequitur.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

It’s a pet hate, water is wet is another.

Perception vs Science :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic, both ways of looking at awoxing are correct, originally it was as Nevyn says; it evolved into the kind of shenanigans that Psychotic Monk used to get up to.

1 Like

I would say this is a good first step, New players need to learn the game first before being attacked by the toxic assholery that this game calls players. The fact you are whining like a b@tch because you cant gank new players speaks volumes to the toxic scum that plays here. CCP need to move you trash back to 0.0 where you belong.

1 Like

I think you may be assuming things here, don’t you? New players are rarely worth ganking. The “think of the children” nonsense is back again. When will we ever be rid of it?

3 Likes

that’s when you learn to brew/distill :wink:

I agree there should be a “tutorial zone”/ safezone but making 20% of the game (and heavily populated too) into one is a bit overkill. Arguably whole hs is a tutorial zone as it is now.

Also goes against CCP’s “more destruction” policy. Although recent changes (resource redistribution) have forced nullbears to afk mine on HS alts/ alpha accounts…

imo they should just add a “don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose” slogan on login screen, problem solved.

1 Like

You know who ganks new players most?

New players.

2 Likes

Does this look like a new player? https://zkillboard.com/kill/89628645/

Right, didn’t think so.

I shoot for isk, new players don’t tend to have much of that.