CCP plans to remove PvP from HS

Yeah, but the player base for this game is far more capable then any other mmo.

1 Like

lmao Post must be longer than 5 characters.

Potentially, in some aspects.

But the real issue is that the elements involved in large-scale RMT (in many games, and not just this one) are downright mafia-like in nature. There’s a reason why RMT isn’t fought openly like in a war, and is more of a cat-and-mouse affair in which the authorities pick off those who stray too far out of the comfort zone, kind of similar to the way that the drug trade is handled in real life. If these groups are pushed to the limit, they will also push back much harder, and the servers would be under attack 24/7. It works much better for all parties involved if there’s leeway for these groups to operate, while a visible (but ultimately hollow) effort is advertised by the authorities to keep the rest of the public at ease. CCP could probably eliminate most RMT within a day, if they wanted to, by targeting stockpiles.

Anyway, this ties into PvP and destruction because no matter how you look at it, high-sec accounts for a large percentage (if not the majority) of all destruction in the game, and CCP can’t get rid of it without completely tanking EVE’s economy, without making up for the deficit somewhere else, or by hitting resource generation alongside the elimination of all the terrible PvP griefers in high-sec.

3 Likes

You of all ppl know what I mean. :wink:

@DC I was talking about rl threats that CCP employees might face?

1 Like

While I was kind of exaggerating the bodies-in-ocean physical threat aspect for comedic effect (not to say that it necessarily wouldn’t happen, or that threats weren’t/aren’t made), there are ways to get back at a company that don’t entail physical violence, such as electronic attacks, taking actions against payment processors, negative PR campaigns, etc.

1 Like

EVE is the strangest bunch of players ever brought together on the planet.

You go figure what some of them are, or have been in rl… Who knows what’s someone switch in life is?

2 Likes

I doubt CCP will remove pvp in highsec. Maybe some carebears hate ganking and piracy but they don’t realized that this is the reason why their stuff are still being bought. We need destruction that contributed by career pvp players. If pvp will be remove in highsec there will be over supply with less demand.

That’s not actually, in itself, the reason why CCP won’t remove PvP from high-sec. After all, they could easily make up for the lack of destruction by setting up NPC purchase orders for player-created items on the market.

The reason why CCP won’t remove PvP from high-sec is because there would be a severe public and gaming media outcry because of it, even though close to three-quarters of the player base would be in favor of this change if presented with a binary choice.

ultima online did it with trammel, so there’s even precedent.

People say it was the downfall of UO when they did that but the game chugged along just fine afterwards.

2 Likes

Don’t lie

This would turn every highsec system into a lowsec system eventually, at which point they will all continuously flip between high and lowsec due to the sharp decline of kills once it flips to lowsec once. When it does so, highsec people will stay away, the sec status increases again, turns the system into highsec, then decreases again eventually because there’d be targets around again.

It would make sense to raise security status when a lot of destruction happens, because that would increase destruction.
It would make sense to lower security status when there’s not enough destruction happening, because that would decrease destruction.

More destruction and lower security status would just translate into more destruction …
… thanks to longer spawn times of both the faction police and CONCORD.

You’re having it backwards.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if there’s a market for this.
I know how to circumvent this without exploiting anything.

You, of course, wouldn’t pay for that knowledge …
… but I still wonder i people would.

Huh, post length?

I could say the same from a certain mission runner baiter who can’t solo pve ships and ask CCP to make it easier to him…

5 Likes

Try posting a post with less than five letters.

ok

2 Likes

Nice. :slight_smile:

Not everyone can do that …
… which is why I’ve been wondering if one could charge some amount of ISK for the knowledge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@safira_jomita please calm down. I don’t think you fully understand, what you are talking about here, or what the thread you are referring to was about. Thank you.

:thinking: Unfortunately due to working on gaining positive standings with Pirate Factions, according to that graph I’d only be able to access 0.9 High Sec systems. :unamused:

9 Likes

I assume you’re talking about all pirate factions, right? Because why settle with less! :smiley:

They should grant you the highest possible status for those factions which got lowered …
… due to trying to achieve ultimate positivity with everyone. I like it. That’s dedication.

I’m impressed … but I’m wondering why you didn’t try this earlier?