CCP plans to remove PvP from HS

While it would make sense to need empire standing to move in that empires backyard, in the RECENT past, CCP avoided their own standing systems with the Triglavian Invasion.
That’s the reason they invented Edencom. For trig supporters not having bad consequences shooting empire ships and not all edencom supporters getting +10 with all empires. (since all empires have 0.0 standing to trigs which makes btw no sense)

CCP doesn’t care about standings right now and probably see them as something that prevents players from having fun. Maybe this will change in the future…

Edit: What I mean is… actions should have consequences. During the Triglavian Invasions CCP basically signaled to everybody “Do what you want, your actions will have no consequences. Doesn’t matter if you killed 999999999 Amarr ships, they like you anyway.”

After I gained high standings with Empire Factions, I kept busy mostly doing exploration. Then I started researching if I could have positive standings with both Pirate and Empire Factions. Course this was before the Trig / Edencom content was added to the game.

Anyway, my research showed that I could gain positive standing with all Pirate Factions and maintain positive standings with the main Empire Factions. However in the process of doing that I would become negative with Concord. Currently there’s no way to gain Concord standing and since I already have positive standing with Concord, I decided to keep it that way. Plus they also control high sec systems.

So as it stands right now, my standings with Blood Raiders and Serpentis will have to remain negative so I can keep my positive Concord standings.

Also on a side note, for some reason my Character Sheet / standings page didn’t list Rogue Drones, Drifters, Sleepers, Triglavians and Edencom. After running a couple of Rogue Drone exploration sites, I now have positive standings with Rogue Drones, thanks to Diplomacy skill.

3 Likes

Ah …

Well that sucks.

I remember them decoupling sec status from CONCORD standing …
… while never offering a way to increase CONCORD standing alone.

Hm. I guess simply ratting in their systems won’t increase it either.

i’d like to know how you went form " as the Empires’ patience with intrusive Capsuleers in Highsec is wearing thin" to “PvP is removed from HS” lmao

Stop sh1t posting plz

It would be funny. So much griefers would need to put some effort to support beloved playstyle.

But I don’t believe it’s true, CCP never will do something like this. I think they plan to brutally nerf highsec income, or at least tone it down.

Why do you guys keep saying ■■■■ like this? I make stupid money baiting. You’re just mad that there’s pvp in this game that you are forced to participate in and entitled enough to think that you shouldn’t have to.

Also, just because I roleplay the bad guy in a video game doesn’t mean I’m actually a bad guy… this is a video game… PvPers aren’t really murderers… remember?

Try going outside sometime.

1 Like

The standings system is quite literally the worst part of this game. Arbitrary NPC-driven ■■■■■■■■ that doesn’t belong here at all.

1 Like

never said otherwise , quotes needed

Never said a word about your person, are you nuts? put yourself together.

why such a butthurt? witch mission runner broke your heart?

3 Likes

Way back when, it used to feel more like there were four distinct empires instead of one big blob of hi sec. Each of the four major market hubs used to be completely sufficient for the needs of most players. Some goods would be consistently cheaper in one market or another because it was more readily found in that empire. The ships of each empire tended to be cheapest and most readily available in that empire’s hub. Corps not infrequently primarily recruited players from a particular empire. So you’d have Minmatar pilots who trained up in Minmatar ships and had Minmatar standing for missions, living mostly in Minmatar space, and the same for each of the four.

I think CCP wants to kind of drift back that direction. I suspect that is what that bullet is about. Maybe stations stop letting people dock who have below a certain standing with their faction. Maybe empire NPCs even start firing on pilots with very low standing. Something like that, to try to push people back towards feeling like they have a “home” empire, back to there being at least four real markets, etc. In fact, I wouldn’t be totally stunned if we end up with it becoming impossible to go from one empire to another without going through low sec or a wormhole at some point.

I think that might be kind of cool. The more variety, the better IMO. Trade and hauling were both more fun and more rewarding when there were four real markets. Pushing more players to leave hi sec at least occasionally I think would make the game more fun for all.

A very enticing concept on paper, but in reality would lead to 99% of the high-sec population living in Caldari space.

I don’t remember EVE ever being like that, at least not since I started playing. While trade differences always existed based on locality of production, EVE was always well-globalized, and I think that the romantic notion of empires being self-sufficient and compartmentalized is something that only exists in the heads of nostalgic players who are remembering the emotions they felt when they were new and discovering the game.

Maybe this was true during the first few months of the game, before total globalization happened? But then…there were highways back then, so I’m not sure that’s the case either.

1 Like

Could well be just a way I perceived it to some extent. I started playing in 2007. To me, it seemed that way to an extent until whenever it got to the point where it was distinctly cheaper to buy and fit new ships, regardless of the kind, in Jita. Maybe like 2010 or 2012?

Not saying they were totally isolated islands. Definitely there was a ton of trade going on between the major hubs all along. Just that it was a few notches further that direction than it is now.

But, for example, if you were building Maelstroms, it made a lot more sense to do that in Rens than Jita because way more were sold in Rens. So, if you wanted to fly Minmatar ships, you’d most likely prefer to hang out nearer to Rens.

I’ve taken two very long breaks from EvE. Before the first one, flying primarily Minmatar ships at the time, it was typically cheaper for me to shop at Rens than any other market. After the first break, it was like I could still get by using Rens, but my loot would sell for more, and my purchases would cost less, if I went in to Jita. After the second break, I’d often find that Rens just flatly wasn’t buying or wasn’t selling whatever I was trying to sell or buy. The economy had essentially collapsed down to one megamarket. Now CCP has forced it back to 2 markets. I am betting they’re going for 4.

Some people predicted exactly this outcome.

1 Like

So you say HS carebears making safe isk and easy isk?

I have a question, running a level 4 or 5 or ded site takes planning and thought and some strategy.

10 catalysts ganking an autopiloting freighter for isk is hard work? Which one is the carebear?

In the early days wasnt evasion or abuse of CONCORD against the game rules?

Discuss!

3 Likes

That is quite the conclusion the OP has based on a single, vague statement. It would also fly in the face of everything that EVE stands for.

When the pilots are outlaws, it takes planning to get the catalysts within optimum range and on time.

The one using autopilot?

Still is, whats your question?

1 Like

Yea suicide ganking is way more difficult than carebears realize…

ps: calm down, miner.

1 Like

Percentage wise it’s pretty much nothing and it’s easy to avoid. All code catches are the bottom feeders, they’re effectively Darwinism at work.

CODE are not just the gankers in higsech. They are just the well known. goonswarm, panfam, helldawn, malicious mineral hound. to name just few. Minmantar is the safest place in highsec.