CCP plans to remove PvP from HS

I don’t shoot autopiloters when I suicide gank. I shoot warp to 0s. Furthermore, if someone quits the game after losing 1 ship they weren’t going to stick with Eve anyway. Suicide ganking actually needs to be buffed as can be seen by the fact that there’s hardly anyone left that doesn’t multibox 20 accounts.

1 Like

I was talking about highsec. Lowsec as well.
Things weren’t as concentrated as they are now.
Nullsec local has always been ■■■■.

Also don’t “not really” me when you yourself state that you’ve only been playing since 2013 …
… which means you have no actual idea how it was before …
… thus you have nothing to compare your experience against.

1 Like

High sec is literally 100% safe everywhere if you simply know how to use the MWD cloak trick… or you know… dont put 1bil in your t1 hauler.

Null sec people will trigger when I type this:

High-sec space is the MOST DANGEROUS space in the game.

3 Likes

It’s really not. The only people in danger are the ones who can’t be bothered to learn the mechanics… I fly 10s of billions straight through Uedama all the time. You’re literally 100% safe if you would simply do some research.

They fly more then that in null sec. At least there everyone in local isn’t looking at you thinking about how they could kill you or trying to tell someone else what you’re doing to see if someone will do it for them.

And if you have this mentality then you’ll be no safer in Null either. It doesn’t matter what space you’re in, if you can’t be bothered to do some research/preparation you’re going to die. Eve is not a game for the lazy, or for those that refuse to adapt to the metagame.

2 Likes

Hisec players are circa 75% of the population, leaving 25% of the population spread between null, low and whspace, yet hisec destruction is <50% of all destruction.

For your statement to be true hisec destruction should account for more than 75% of all destruction; it doesn’t, ergo you are wrong.

1 Like

So add up the highsec destruction even with the record setting keepstar battles from empire and null. It would appear the data doesn’t support your comment.

No research really needed. Someone show up in local that isn’t blue hit the warp. Sit in POS until local is clear, wait 2 minutes to make sure they don’t just come back and continue on.
Keep open the intel channel to watch for gangs in the area. Dock up if they are moving eventually they will leave.

1 Like

Well considering that’s the specific year you mentioned “decline of activity in local began in 2013 and hasn’t yet fully recovered.” I should have noticed if it was happening. I didn’t. I will freely admit I don’t know much about HS, always considering the worst of Eve… and if only meant HS populations, than I shouldn’t have commented on your remark.

Way to cherry pick.

There’s 60+ regions in Eve, you chose a summary that shows 20.

24 of those regions count as Empire space, which includes both high and lowsec systems. Without separating lowsec and hisec the November MER shows that those regions accounted for around 16.656 Trillion isk of destruction.

The nullsec regions accounted for 22.890 Trillion isk of destruction; and then there’s wormhole and trig space which don’t show on the MER.

TL;DR you’re wrong.

1 Like

Here you go.

That’s the source for my numbers, would you like a spreadsheet?

Empire would win the year in review in this metric.

Nope, non empire regions accounted for >50% of all destruction.

Please learn the difference between nullsec and empire.

The largest ships allowed in HS are freighters and jump freighters. The isk value will skew to null with 1 capital death. HS is way more active, has way more players, and is way more dangerous. Hands down.

This is correct.

This is not.

Safety statistics are normally done on a per capita basis, in the real world a city can have way more crime than a village, yet still be a safer place to live than the village; because the chances of it happening to you are lower due to population density.

November 2020 MER, destruction breakdown by region

From the empire perspective, all capsuleers are intrusive. Miners technically steal ore that the empires would mine. Missions involve fighting other empires etc. Capsuleers construct structures that compete with empire stations.

Capsuleers killing other capsuleers is beneath the notice of empires. They lose nothing when a capsuleer freighter gets ganked. It has nothing to do with them.

This particular line has more to do with nerfing hi-sec/buffing low-sec rewards than nerfing pvp.

I’d invite you back out into the HS and live there for 30 days. I can see you have been much safer out in null since you moved in 2014.