CCP please develop better tools to detect and remove multibox gankers

CCP Grimmi wrote:

Overlays which contain a full, unchanged, EVE Client instance in a view only mode, no matter how large or small they are scaled, like it is done by EVE-O Preview as of today, are fine with us. These overlays do not allow any direct interaction with the EVE Client and you have to bring the respective EVE Client to the front/put the window focus on it, in order to interact with it.

Time to close this topic.

You’re not even on topic, perhaps install some Int.

2 Likes

Same as I posted. Figured you’d get the same GM.

99.99…9% of multibox gankers is alpha clones
And there’s already effective mesure against it, but CCP dint care.

how does that work. The launcher detects and prevents more than one alpha instance being logged in simultaniously doesnt it?

It does. It knows when an omega and alpha are logging in together as well.

so i guess my question is…………

Are fleets of multiboxed alphas possible with some workaround that it is actually a problem? Or is this guy blowing smoke?

Raven is a troll, with obvious troll posts.

There have been shown to be multiple ways around that limit already. CCP frowns on discussing them. It’s also completely conjecture (the 99% part) but it certainly is possible to do.

Whether it’s a big enough issue for CCP to lock Alpha’s into green is a different issue. I can’t see a really big need to allow Alpha accounts to go red, so maybe allow them green/yellow (for looting) and not allow them to choose red state.

That’s the thing, CCP’s rules are so ridiculously vague, that it’s impossible not to ask. So we’re left with a situation in which we’re basically limited to shuffling beads on an abacus for ship control, while CCP dust off their hands for a job well-done.

Meanwhile, the players who actually cheat will continue to cheat, because these policies are irrelevant to them. This kind of developer logic only hurts the well-meaning, legitimate players. It’s like those situations where they create very oppressive laws and curfews in crime-infested areas so that normal people are afraid to go outside even during daylight, while the criminals continue to engage in open gang warfare because they don’t care that jaywalking got turned from a misdemeanor into a felony.

As expected, I guess.

Well, the EULA very clearly states that there has to be “accelerated acquisition” for rules to be broken, so I’m just going to go with that.

Well, think of it this way: can the launcher on one computer detect what’s happening on a different computer? And from there, you get into some more technical aspects of running software on a single computer, which I won’t go into detail for, but you can easily look up online if you now understand the intent of what needs to be accomplished.

It’s also completely unnecessary too as they are almost certainly skill extracted omega accounts. And would just continue as such if a limit on criminal actions was made.

I forget to mention that, but it’s 100% accurate. I don’t know a single ganker using Alpha characters to gank, outside of an occasional new player ganker who’s been brought into the game by friends, and using a single character while they take advantage of the free training.

“Alpha account gank farms” don’t exist, because they only cost a few million ISK per month to maintain as Omega accounts. And the damage increase from Omega is pretty tangible, especially moving past the destroyer hull.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.