CCP please fix hi-sec

Yeah they complain about multi-boxing gank fleets, but what about the harem of forum alts they create to make it seem that issues in-game are much larger than they are???

Just working on a hunch here…

1 Like

Honestly, hisec is not biased toward ganking at all. It is very difficult to be ganked if you pay attention and understand ganking mechanics. If anything its the poor gankers getting a raw deal, always running from the police because they are punished for killing filthy afkers and auto piloters.

Also, in my experience, it does not matter if you are flagged for stealing anyway, since people who complain about this stuff rarely if ever attack a flashy anyway :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Nothing to see here folks, just another butthurt thief/carebear whos mad he cant steal loot when the Australian Loot Team ™ is at work

:joy: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

And nerf ninjing? They already gave the looter a suspect flag, you want them to shoot for you too?

Dude, there’s a reason its now CONCORDable to shoot a yellow wreck: you are supposed to deny em yourself if you care enough.

1 Like

He is right on the flagging issue into a fleet hanger. Its not realistically viable to deny them when they have perfect control over all the timing of the gank and can just turn a corvette flashy while dumping straight into a fleet hanger. It doesn’t even have to fit in the corvette to do so.

Tbh I dont mind if that was the case. It wouldnt affect the solo salvager/ninja more than already.

It’s about the only reasonable part of the entire rant admittedly. And eh, I just shrug and accept it’s not realistic to try and stop the looting by gankers. I mean it’s not like they can’t just burn the DST to gate or something anyway and escape.

1 Like

Ganking has actually received a crap ton of nerfs, and has been overnerfed in my opinion. In fact, the reason you see so many multiboxing gankers is because of how many gankers are required and how few people are still in ganking nowadays. As people left the profession, those who stayed compensated by creating alts. In fact, iirc, it was the hyperdunking nerf thread where even targets predicted that the nerf would lead to more gankers multi-boxing.

Anyway, a lot of people seem to assert that ganking is easy or free of consequences, and this just isn’t the case. Successfully executing ganks and securing the loot requires quite of bit of skill and effort, even when the target doesn’t have much in the way of teeth. Like, it didn’t take no effort or skill for Rembrandt to paint the Night Watch just because no one was shooting at him while he was doing it. So, if you think ganking is easy and broken, it’s only because of the skill and expertise of the gankers you’ve been looking at.

And, on top of all that, I want my Eve to be dangerous. I want it to be brutal and unforgiving. I mean, I don’t particularly like losing ships, but the difficulty makes my accomplishments more meaningful, and the danger often leads to some good fun. Like, my first solo kill in this game was when I killed a ganker that was trying to gank a buddy of mine who fell asleep while mining. I saved his ship, got my first solo kill, and had fun doing it.

Anyway, there’s a lot you can do to prevent yourself from becoming food for wolves. It’s been a while since I made this video, but everything in there should still be relevant.

2 Likes

Nice try.
The reason you see more multiboxing now is simply that multiboxing became easier. We have far more powerful computers and high speed stable internet compared to the old days of EVE. Can you imagine trying to 20box on dial up?

The meta moves, CCP have to make balance changes as the meta moves to keep balance and the meta has mostly moved in favour of gankers, so CCP are the counterweight.

When people worked out how to tank and kill Concord for example, we got invulnerable concord because otherwise it was just open season on highsec, as once the first person cracks it everyone else can follow.

Gamers have become better at cracking systems fast and working out how to abuse them. 3rd party tools are far more sophisticated and stronger.

Sure technology moves forward, but the main contributor to most metas within the game is because of how CCP changes things. I mean are you suggesting that instead of the OP presenting CCP with a list of nerfs that he write letters to software and hardware developers and chastise them for giving us such power software and computers to use?

The Orca screams “AFK carebear mining platform” and they are everywhere. The meta is definitely not in the favour of gankers.

The Orca is way OP at the moment.

In addition to that, the introduction of tougher NPCs has caused a shift in the meta towards more tanky mining ships more than CODE. was ever able to in it’s prime.

Orcas with Skiffs are far more frequent now than at any time in the past.

The net result is that aside from the pipe between Jita and Amarr, there are any others of the 1212 highsec systems to choose from where the risk of ganking has never been lower.

2 Likes

So dumb

I love my 32 core CPU, I call it the tear harvester 8000

Lmao :joy:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is known as “emergent gameplay” - and is usually regarded as a good thing.

3 Likes

Only if its the miners, industrialist, etc. doing it.

If it brings about any sort of social play, then that’s bad and CCP need to nerf rebalance it.

1 Like

CCP wants more destruction. Making all involved in the stolen goods suspect has the potential of doing so.

More than likely they will just be aligned it will make little difference in the outcome of the theft. Still could be interesting as the current ability to circumvent the suspect timer is kind of laughable.

Yea emergent game play is typically a good thing but there are always instances where something leads to a completely unintended loophole. Would be for CCP to decide. Since the flagging system has been out for quite some time now I doubt they will make any change to close this loophole.

Either way. Don’t be a moron and take measures to limit your risk of being ganked.

Where in any of that did you see me complaining about it? It simply is a thing to consider in any design that there is more to balance than just the mechanics. The development of player meta also matters.

Calling it “abuse” seemed to be a complaint.

1 Like

And where does the ISK that makes this infinite loop possible come from to begin with? Why is telling the victims to stop being easy and profitable targets never on the list of “fixes” in this kind of posts? Why would CCP want to “fix” what the victims themselves cannot be bothered to avoid happen to them in the first place?

To create a negative consequence for anyone wanting to commit crimes in high sec, obviously, in the form of ISK cost to keep sec status from dropping to dangerous levels in the case you’re considering.

That this consequence is not as bad as you’d like it to be is a problem with you not understanding that EvE is a dystopia where crime is part of the game by design, not a problem with the game.

I explained why this happens some time ago in post #4 of the following (still unfinished) thread:

How to properly use KRs for anti-ganking purposes

You need to understand that we live in an imperfect world where bandwidth isn’t infinite and server load cannot be arbitrarily high. Sometimes CCP has to make functionality compromises by limiting how often data is fetched from the server. This is something that may improve in the future by fetching KR data from the server more often, but as long as they have performance reasons to not keep KR data up to date all the time like they do with other character attributes, it may never be completely fixed.

This makes no sense. Either you’re misunderstanding something here or you didn’t express it correctly.

Because they’re working as intended. There is a lot of room for improvement, especially in the UI area, but they’re not bugged like you say.

Because believe it or not, EVE is a game, not RL, and it’s supposed to be fun (for those that happen to like it), not necessarily logical, realistic, or whatever it is that you pretend it should be.

Because believe it or not, crime is part of the game by design. The game needs game mechanics that make crime an activity some players are willing to do in order to provide that type of content. If it was impossible to get away with the loot after committing a crime, like you pretend it should be, then nobody would want to do it… And that, which is your ultimate goal, would be plain wrong…

2 Likes

Sorry @Knowledgeminer I thought I was replying to the OP, the forums are small and twitchy on my phone

OP: These words do not mean what you think they mean.

PvP ≠ Consensual

I got a notification that you were replying to me, but I don’t see how that could be the case. You may want to edit your post to quote what/who you were replying to…