CCP please fix hi-sec

While he’s at it, he may want to look up the term implied consent; which very much applies.

tweet# Concord are dumb
They should leave new pilots alone to be dealt with none new pilots.

Gankers are an endangered species, and the game needs suicide gankers to keep the economy in check, and help lowsec people with income from tags.

When does the next Burn Jita happen, it’s about time!?

I agree with one point, the killright bugs are really annoying, and I opened a ticket about that.

Regarding your point with the loot … it’s a bad mechanic to allow the middleman move. I once proposed a change so, that the middleman has to do two transfers with proper cargo size. However this may kill ganking for profit, which must not happen.

2 Likes

Given how few people will engage a suspect and how easy it is for the gankers to pull a ship transfer or bump their looting ship out of range since they have everything on hand, I doubt it would kill ganking for profit. It might kill a few low skill gankers who can’t prey on anything but freighters, but people will either pick smaller targets or be organised.

Low skill gankers are already gone. You can’t protect a looting ship once it goes suspect in a popular ganking spot (Uedama, Perimeter, Jita, Urlen, Sirppala, …) unless it’s worthless. There are enough people around who prey on the loot like me. The OP is one of them, and because of “our” oppression the middleman tactic is the only one to secure loot atm.

I remember the time before, when gankers were lazy and looted in DSTs and even Freighters went suspect, and also highsec folks didn’t know about HICs existence. A couple of weekends I could make bank with my Phobos, then the evolution hits. :wink:

1 Like

So… Gankers might have to spread out to more than 5 systems again? I mean… people always tell miners to move… yet not ganking in the same 5 systems all day is too hard? I really doubt that.

I’m talking about ganking for profit not for fun. You can’t gank in systems where nobody is traveling through with high values. I don’t care about miners, the loot usually plays no role there. What then is left is mission and Abyss runners, but this is more a niche I think.

2 Likes

There are a lot more than 5 systems on the major trade routes.
Then there are mission hubs with plenty of faction bling.
That’s before hunting blinged orcas and barges using ore mining mods and abyss runners.

I mean, I get a change is disruptive, but try not crying crocodile tears.

I don’t think you’re getting it. It’s not that a change in this regard would be disruptive. It’s that it would be an effective nerf to suicide ganking. One more nerf… Which is the ultimate goal of all these threads, to nerf suicide ganking because it’s evil… Making things logical or realistic, or whatever, is just the excuse and often a really bad one…

So if you want CCP to take seriously any proposal to “fix” this, you better suggest a way it can be “fixed” without making it look like you’re trying to nerf suicide ganking…

BTW, just so you know, looting was even easier for the gankers before the introduction of Crimewatch, which is what made the gankers start using this awkward mechanic, i.e. this mechanic was already a nerf to suicide ganking when the change happened…

1 Like

Or you could loot with an actual freighter and take the risk.
I mean… people would have to shoot back to cause you any issues, and you are forever claiming people won’t. (collective ganker you).

Note, like I said above, I just shrugged and ignored it when it started. But it does present what is functionally a risk free looting mechanic for gankers. The things that provide it any risk aren’t actually a real risk. And that isn’t a sign of good mechanics.

Ah, yes, I forgot the other excuse, risk, because ganking is risk free and that needs to be fixed too…

What I said in my previous post…

2 Likes

Was a list of things that aren’t real risks, assuming that was yours.
Ship not dying means you failed at maths.
Loot fairy averages out over time.
Etc.

Look, I get ganking is important, I’m not interested in killing it, but you guys have got to stop pretending the current mechanics and gameplay are an ideal situation and everything is biased against gankers.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that Highsec’s most expensive kills happen in these hot spots. These whales don’t exactly fall in your lap every 15 minutes and if you want a decent shot at a higher value gank, you’ll be utilizing the hubs and trade routes… not that there isn’t something valuable to gank in some backwater system.

The game is much more empty than it was in previous years (we all know this) and Id rather have an increased chance of operating in these hot spots and have someone mess with me than to waste time in more remote places in Highsec where intervention is less likely.

It’s not that players do/don’t engage suspect pilots but the opportunity for it to happen is there and that’s what matters.

—-

I remember before grids were extended and I absolutely loved the Gridfu back then… specifically for bumping freighters past the wall and ganking them. Back then I’d go Suspect in my freighter to look and it was a thrill! If someone were paying attention to me setting up for a gank they could easily stalk me with a cloaked ship and tackle my freighter as soon as I loot.

Now I wouldn’t go Suspect in a freighter unless it was absolutely necessary because I lost that small advantage I had.

—-

Everyone likes their advantages and edges they can gain if they choose to utilize them. They exist on both sides of the spectrum. I have 3 main points to make before I step down from my nostalgic rant:

• if you look at players on both sides of this spectrum it’s the gankers and “bad guys” that exert WAY more effort to do what they do. They are the ones multiboxing entire fleets because CCP has pushed our friends and associates out of the game. They are the ones that put forth the effort to properly prepare and hone their craft… yet it’s the miner afk in an orca or the lazy hauler that people seem to care for.

• The more CCP nerfs, the more we adapt… until it gets to a point where said activity is unrecognizable or much too cumbersome for anyone to care about. So people either leave the game or move on… most of the time it results in less chances for player interaction.

• If you like Eve Online then you’ll promote conflict. No one wants to have 0 chance in an interaction with another player and to be honest that’s hardly the case… ever. I don’t care if you’re an industrialist, miner, or whatever flavor or degree of carebear you are… things exploding make the game go around and create the stories and narratives that are worth playing for.

5 Likes

What?

Why would you have to assume anything here? Cannot you see which was my previous post that I was referring to, i.e. the one immediately above yours that you were actually replying to and quoting even?

LOL. What? Which maths?

Where have I said or implied anything like that? Do you need to make up stuff to prove your point or what?

1 Like

I have to loot with my freighter all the time. lmao?

It always makes me laugh how people endlessly complain about the loot mechanics when it’s a literal free for all

I waste 5bil of talos to kill freighter, and the thief in a t1 frigate worth barely a mil has the same chance as me to take stuff from the wreck

Like how dumb can you get to complain about MY chances to get loot from a dead freighter :rofl:

4 Likes

I agree, make highsec a bit safer, but also severely nerf income from mining, missoning and conduits. High sec income should not rival subcap null ratting.

Good thing it already doesn’t.

1 Like

Good thing you have nothing to back up your statement.

You can easily get up to 100m isk/h blitzing lvl4 missions with the right lp store.

Escalation farming is kinda hit or miss but can be equally profitable in the long run.

With null sec ratting you are lucky to get 20m/tick in contrast.

Null sec ratting can be AFK botted. L4 missions in high sec can’t. And the types of ships it takes to blitz L4’s in high sec are blinged out and subject to ganking at any gate…

What can be bottled better or not is only relevant for players who do bot, so that’s not relevant for the individual normal player.

When you say that binged out ship are subject to ganking than that is exactly the risk/reward scenario I am talking about. If you want to nerf the risk by making ganking harder, you also have to nerf the reward