CCP, please streamline session change timers

Consider a fairly common scenario while playing EVE:

You are in space shooting rocks/rats/hostiles with a small fleet. You hear a nearby hostile fleet has engaged one of your allies so you dock up at your structure, leave your ship, leave your current fleet, join defense fleet, swap to your other clone, enter your combat ship and undock to fight the invaders.

Now add session timers:

You are in space shooting rocks/rats/hostiles with a small fleet. You hear a nearby hostile fleet has engaged one of your allies so you dock up at your structure, leave your ship,
Error: session timer
… you wait out the session timer…

leave your ship, leave your current fleet

leave your current fleet, join defense fleet,

join defense fleet, swap to your other clone

your other clone again and enter your combat ship

enter your combat ship and undock

undock to fight the invaders.

Please please please do something about session change timers.

(To be fair, I don’t always get all of those session timers but I do get most of them. Sometimes swapping fleet goes without issue, yet sometimes I end up without fleet at all and requesting new fleets doesn’t work anymore.)

I get that there are technical limitations at play, but please try to find a way around it. Allow us to buffer multiple commands and execute all at once at end of timer (swapped ship, swapped clone, swapped fleet) or something like that.

I’m a patient person and don’t mind a session timer. But usually it’s not one timer, but I get 4 or more in succession because there are too many things that give individual session change timers when you try to ‘quickly’ swap fleet, clone and ship within a structure.

Funny thing is that session change timers don’t seem to matter when you switch between ships. You can just hop between as many as you can possibly click while the 10 seconds ST runs after the previous ship change.

The most important ST that should go is the one after docking. It is useless. You are either docked and see your hangars and can change ships or you are not docked and cannot see and do either. And to check if you really changed a ship while docked, you have the ST after said ship switch before you can undock. The ST after docking that prevents you from doing anything is so annoying.

Alternatively I think this would help, too:

Yep! I noticed the same, it just refreshes the session timer.

It would be great if more of the session change timers could work like that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.