CCP removes suspect flagging from Abyss sites!

I don’t think that much will change only with removal of the suspect flag.

People do not do the T4/5 sites in high sec a lot because risk versus reward in the sites is bad.

But I welcome the temporary withdrawal of suspect flag, because of imbalance of risk for abyssal runner and risk for their hunter (T4/5 sites in high sec). It is just pure gang punishing the runner. Seriously, where is the risk for the hunter?

On the other hand only removal of the flag could be dangerous. PvP players shall have options to interact. It will create safe heaven from high sec to run top tier sites. Do we want it?

pretty bad

Past opinion of mine still stands upon exit or breaching back from abyssal space sec status also bleeds in from it from 0 km to grid size(always random),carnage starts before runner break invulnerability.

For high sec find a way to disable or Concord smart bombs immediately without a microsecond delay and voila a chaos state from where everyone is running away from or towards is a much more preferable than just bottomfeeder gankers with their sticks’n’dicks running around screeching like a golums from a cave.

Imo.

Also WHAT tests CCP?

now there is an idea :stuck_out_tongue:

This is EXACTLY what i said will happen…
Good decision.

Why do they “test” it if they don’t want to use it in the future?
They call it “temporary” and they reinstate the old status right…but what should that tell us about future plans?
Easy they plan to make it permanent…

To all trigger happy “eve is a pvp game” staters…get used to the future state of the game and stop complaining about a MUST adjustment to the mmog market.

1 Like

The less ganking and high sec pvp in this game is the better is

1 Like

I dont care! :sunglasses:

Who flies Abyssal space anyway? That stuff is withering away just like all other new PVE content. And those who do, die almost every day in it. How many characters actually run more than 1 or 2 of these Abyssal sites or continue after they died?

Sisi lately proves itself to be unsuitable to test things properly.

1 Like

You underestimate the skill of people. There are/were people running T4s back-to-back for hours every day without a single death inside.

But how many are those? Judging by these tests, they are not enough compared to where CCP wants the numbers to be to justify the development.

Of course? On the basis of changing a mechanic, setting/not-setting the flag is trivial. It’s testing the players. The players are not on Sisi. They’re on TQ.

2 Likes

What an absurd move, they want to test something without flag and after they done it they will switch it again? Few months? Someone had a sun stroke?

Don’t tell me you’re actually believing CCP ■■■■■■■■ talk. It’s going to be permanent, not temporary. I’m genuinely surprised they introduced it in the first place, given their goal of turning EVE into a WoW clone carebear paradise…

3 Likes

If that was true you would see gankers getting banned or ganking being removed for attacking abyss runners. Ganking regular players that like nice things aka “whales” is what makes lazy people money. CCP has buffed and nerfed ganking over the years. So CCP probably believes the current amount of ganking is fine.

3 Likes

Rome wasn’t built in a day either. Just look at the past 5 years of development and the decisions they’ve been making. Another 5 years and EVE will be indistinguishable from WoW. They even started “fixing” trade window scams in favour of the victim if he petitions it.

1 Like

I tried to do it on sisi when it came out, reward is really bad for ship you’re risking.

Also the problem is they changed ammo for new triglavian ships from “laser based crystals” to hybrid charges, which i think it is stupid because every time you charge up the weapon it uses a ton of charges to get to max damage and this makes all triglavian ships obsolete, why not change it to laser crystal like weapon ?

Changing weapon to laser crystal like would also free up alot of cargo space, since crystals do not break, only t-2 do in some time.

1 Like

Will even be lower soon I guess

Right now there are just not enough people running these things, there are exceptions of course but the content is too niche. Only very few people run it. So what exactly and precisely would you do, how would you change them so that the content becomes much more mainstream and average players run it ?

All I see from you and people like you is complaints that keep more people out of already almost useless content. I don’t see anything positive, any actually good ideas on how to improve things. So how about doing exactly that, make this a non-niche, but something that is more enjoyed by the average player. What are your ideas to accomplish that ?

4 Likes

My points:

• remove inevitable death, give a bail out option at a reasonable cost (could be a fee for example, 100M ISK? 20% of the ship’s worth?)
  • rebalance trig ships and loot, make the loot actually have demand, exclusive loot in T4/T5
  • mutaplasmids … no idea, this is beyond fixing.

Running T4s and T5s must be really worth doing, with exceptional reward compared to lower tiers. T1-T3 should be training ground only level.

EDIT:

Wild idea, make T4/T5 highsec exclusive with suspect flag, but exceptional reward!

2 Likes

What if leaving the site before end gave suspect and timer was removed?

Trigs hulls have so many different bonuses that it will take years to balance them.

1 Like