CCP selling special edition assets for $

The only special addition asset that matters is McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce.

I have an opinion on this

What is this “special sauce” that you refer to?

You didn’t accept the bet and I stopped playing.

But I am curious, so what was the PCU at the weekend following the end of free omega event?

1 Like

Your bet lays conditions that I did not argue in my original statement. I stated traffic is rising. Which it has been. Even at 3pm on a Friday afternoon ( which it currently is ) the traffic is 27,000. I can recall when even at its maximum it struggled to get over 22,000.

I’ll be honest… all the cosmetic stuff, is trash. looks like trash, is a waste of money, and not once since alpha/beta have I ever thought otherwise. The only exception is a very very select few ship paint jobs. And the ability to put your corps/alliances logo on your ship.

Literally anything and everything else in the Aur store or eve store etc… is garbage. Most of it looks like it was designed by my 4 year old.

You do understand that that is “active accounts” not actual people right?

The number has increased because these days people use more alt accounts. I literally have 28 people in my alliance that I know for a fact , all of them have 25 + accounts (and I would bet that other people in the alliance do also). I have 6 myself, and the average player has at least 3.

So 30 people, have almost 150 accounts.

You do the math. Eve only has at most 15,000 Players. and I seriously doubt its that much. Because everyone I meet is a solo corp made up of 10 to 15 alts.

EvEs population drops every year. The game is just too toxic, and it is finally starting to show. But no one cares and no one wants to make sacrifices in playstyles to save it.

1 Like

Your actual evidence for that is ?

Your actual evidence for that is ?

Even if your claim were true…you have zero evidence that can be transposed across the whole of Eve.

Your own math seems to consist of just inventing whatever numbers suit your narrative.

Irony

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Actually, it is your “Assumption” that my math is wrong.

The tangible proof is the activity levels through the regions of EvE. If you look at 2018 Vs 2023 for example, you clearly see about a 60% decrease in player activity across all regions. And that “Online and active number”, has dropped from 90k to 24-28k. Which reflects what you see in game as a “drop in player activity across the regions”.

Corroborative, Correlative, and Cumulative, Evidence, is called trend or pattern Evidence, in any legal court in real life. And suffices as legitimate proof of something. In this case it is proof that the eve population is dropping like a rock every year.

And the reasons, are all over the forums.

1. Ganking/Toxicity
  2. Unpopular CCP changes (specifically with Industry and economics)
  3. The learning curve dealing with toxicity and depravity with how new players are treated in EvE.

You can deny facts all you want. But honestly at this point you people are like Flat Earthers saying the Earth isn’t a sphere. Or that the titanic isn’t sinking as you are drowning and going down with the ship.

Some of your all’s delusion about these issues, is absolutely mindboggling.

1 Like

Indeed.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

eve had never 90k online player … it was maximum about 60k maybe 1k more or less … but never ever 90k !

1. ganking was never a reason of this drop ! the opposite is the way to go ! CCP said this in on one of their fanfest´s ( dont know which but if you search then you will find this informations )
  2. yes this is correct ! lets remember rorqual changes and then all the nerfes ! they should never had be an active mining ship …
  3. yes, the lerning curve is very high still as they implemented the “New Player Experience”

your facts are not real facts ! they are opinions … if you would bring facts then bring also the source where CCP gave this informations … otherwise no facts only opinions !

2 Likes

Well of course I’ll deny ‘facts’ that you just make up on the fly.

Sure. People leave because there’s too many whiners putting them off !

I still only have seven. :blush:

That 2015 FF Presentation by CCP Rise was a bunch of BS propaganda…

Without actually admitting it, a few other presentations in 2019, mainly the ‘Beyond The Friendship Machine’ presentation by CCP Hellmar, basically refuted that CCP Rise presentation about new players…

Most importantly is the section where he talks about ‘The Magic Moment’.

Devastating loss, is really like, we now call it ‘The Magic Moment’. The moment you lose your first spaceship, is the moment you either have enough understanding of why it happened, and you have the social network to help you through it, then you play forever. If you don’t, you immediately quit and never come back.

Understanding why it happened, a ray of hope that you can respond, get back on your feet and get revenge, and social support. During ‘The Magic Moment’, that is what makes an elite Eve player.

1 Like

you said informations that come from CCP are propaganada ? xD … ok then nobody can help you !
but you can bring your own source to come up with numbers which shows how many new player leaving after getting ganked !

no shut up i dont want to hear your opinion ! i want a real source with real numbers and informations !

and this dont say “he leaves because he was ganked” and still ganks are the rares kills in eve online ! if you think that ganking is that much in HS then nobody can help you … its a rare event and it doesnt happen every hour all day long !

and btw … i didnt see any numbers from him … yes ppl with no binding to anyone will leave the game ! and he spokes about losses and not specific about ganking ! losses are also the visiting of WH space and LS space which is easy reachable …

Just wait until they roll out those very desireable blueprints that are no longer in the game…they will rake in a lot of money if they release them for $$$!

You must not have actually listened to that presentation. Here’s the numbers…

Quite frankly you must be really dense, of course he’s not gonna come right out and admit it. Hell, the statement in bold text obviously pertains to ganking. It definitely doesn’t apply to Faction War, Alliance / Corp wars or to NPC’s.

As for your reply, like you so eloquently put it:

1 Like

To interpret that as 23,000 people ganked in the first week out of 25,000 who join is beyond ludicrous. Of the 12,000 highsec kills recorded in the past week, a mere 132 are recorded as by the main ganker groups, who are not exactly shy about having those kills recorded. And Vuhdo’s comment about 7 day old noobs not being targeted is made clear by the fact that those 132 kills were 255bn worth of stuff…so the average ganker target was 1.9bn ISK. A bit beyond the wealth of the average one week old noob !

One would also have to wonder how 23,000 people could possibly be getting ganked every week when there are only around 12,000 kills every week in the whole of highsec and well over half of those are by NPCs. So even the total of all people killed by other players in highsec from all causes is only 1/4 of the total who leave…and to cap it all off, the vast majority of even that 6,000 are not one week old players !

Only a ludicrous person would interpret that from what I posted. He wanted to see some numbers from that presentation, nobody said they all quit due to being ganked.

Funny how all you gankbears automatically focus on obscure aspects and disregard the main point…

Key words = get revenge

He’s not talking about losing a ship to Faction War, Alliance / Corp wars or to NPC’s.