CCP should release normal version of "Tiamat" and "Hydra"

He compares them to tournament ships. Because that just makes sense. What he wants is what we REALLY don’t need more of: cloaky powerhouses.

2 Likes

Unsubstantiated bollocks.

Your logic is, "Oh we hate cloak ship, so no more cloaky design, old design, who cares. "

I dont mind the ship can not cloak in same way as others, however, they need similar mechanism to fill their role, like. Low observability mode, u cant attack and knocked out of mode while someone nearby, other can see in close range but much harder to scan and lock otherwsie.

So u suppised to agree then

It’s already filled out more than most pirate faction ships
and that’s kinda the point . What t2 pirate faction ship exists today? Do we have a t2 version of the Gila? T2 succubus?

2 Likes

Oh, and we definitely need to have 6 T1 frigates for every faction. Also, mining destroyers.

Oops, I meant to reply to @Solonius_Rex

Pirate faction ships are a tier of ships (i.e. T1, Navy Faction, Pirate Faction, T2, T3). Triglavian ships are a race (i.e. Caldari, Gallente, Amarr, Minmatar).

Okay. So, which races are not represented in Triglavian ship lineup?

I do not understand your question.

You said that Triglavian ships are a race ones. You also said that there should be more Triglavian ship types. So, which race is not present?

I still don’t understand you. So let me just start from scratch.

Triglavian is a racial category of ships in the same way Caldari and Gallente ships are. Trig ships currently have T1 and T2 variants, but no faction or T3 variants.

Pirate ships are a tier of ships (i.e. T1, Navy Faction, Pirate Faction, T2, and T3). This is similar to how mods have tiers (i.e. T1, Meta, Storyline, Faction, Ded, Officer).

Trig ships currently have a T1 Frig, T2 Assault Frig, T1 Destroyer, T2 Command Destroyer, T1 Cruiser, T1 Logi Cruiser, T2 logi cruiser, T2 HAC, T1 BC, T1 BS, and Dread. When compared to the four major empires, they are currently missing several ship classes including, but not limited to, Ewar Frigs, HICS, Commandships, and Blackops.

I don’t know if CCP will fill in the entire line, but they have been slowly filling it in. The last Trig ship was the Dreadnaught (end of 2019), and, iirc, before that was the HAC and Assault Frig.

Does that make sense?

Name 1 Pirate Faction with all of those ship types.

No?

Know why?

Bc they are not playable races, they are “extra bonus/upgrade ships”

2 Likes

I understood what you were trying to say. I thought you were referring to the fact that T2 Triglavian hulls are incorporating a technology from one of the four races.

I don’t think the current holes in the Triglavian ship order would be closed.

Also, interesting thing: by EVE-UNI wiki, CONCORD has exactly the same ship types that Triglavians lack.

Yeah, you’re probably right that we’ll ever see the whole line filled in, but I doubt we’ve seen the last one.

1 Like

OP is just salty over having never won an AT ship…

1 Like

If OP titled his thread, “I can’t wait for CCP to fill in the rest of the Triglavian ship tree!”, and then pointed out how cool it’d be if we got Triglavian Recons, it would have been received a lot better.

Instead, OP came across like an entitled piece of ■■■■ telling CCP that they should release “normal versions” of AT ships.

2 Likes

While it would be fun to have a pre-cursor cov-op ship they doesn’t fit the mold for cov-op ships we currently have. Trig ships don’t specialize in any form of electronic warfare, so any form of cloaky ship in that form doesn’t make sense. A trig bomber or torpedo launcher wouldn’t make any sense, and a glass cannon frig cov-op that is in the dps class as bombers would be broke as hell.

The only ship that fits any cloak role in the Trig line is a black ops battleship.

and hell no, a cloak trig T3C should not be a thing.

This thread brings up something that I’ve been wondering for a while now: why aren’t Alliance Tournament ships souped-up versions of T2 hulls, like how the Imperial/Federate/State/Tribal-issue battleships are souped-up versions of T1 hulls and the Gold/Silver Magnates are souped-up and have their own bonuses? Why are they unique ships, with their own unique names and hulls instead of “Tournament-Issue XXXXX”?

Doing so would have left room to introduce “standard” T2 versions somewhere down the line if CCP wanted, with players who have very high reputation with the faction that created it able to earn it as a final epic arc reward or some other, very difficult method. As it is, my inner lore purist is agitated by how there are distinct ships that should be in some sort of limited production with their creators, but aren’t.

Don’t even get me started on the Angel subcap hulls…

CCP doesn’t want faction standing to be important.

This Topic has been moved to Player Features and Ideas Discussion

Tinfoil hat time: CCP killed the alliance tournament so they can make t2 pirate ships available to all players.