CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

You were the one that claimed to understand anything about hunting, thus you should already know the answer. Unless, of course, you were just making up ■■■■■■■■.
In the first case I don’t have to educate you because you already know the answer, making your question obsolete, and in the latter case you simply aren’t worthy of an answer.

1 Like

How about a compromise. Remove system local. Replace with Constellation local.

“Yes there are naughty reds here, but we don’t know exactly where until we get visual.”

So you know when people come and go from the constellation (which yes means if it’s a pipe or something it could get bubblefucked or hell camped) but once in, unless you have a visual, you don’t know exactly where they are from your local channel.

2 Likes

TL;DR: I actually know nothing about this and just wanted to pretend to appear intelligent. I shall now go back to the highsec circlejerk of Marmite and will play the recording of my mother saying “You’re elite, sweetie” over and over while I cry myself to sleep.

You just summed up your own post. Trying to ridicule me with your own stupidity isn’t going to work.

Yeah, because I’m the one with Marmite on my KB… /s

You still run into the issue of intel channels, but it’s a much better idea than removing it completely.

Sigh, the comment was directed at WH players who tend to want to use their T3C’s. Well you can also use other ships such as combat recons, but make sure to put Hyperspatials on them.

And by the way in my alliance there are hunters who have a lot of fun and success catching people in interceptors. They also do it in other ships too, just because some players are not up to it does not mean that the game needs to change to suit their lack of ability.

I read a certain amount of this thread, some of the posters I skip as they are trolls.

I keep getting told that I sit behind 30 systems worth of local reporting, it is odd to see these people think that the Goons and the Drone Russians are the norm, whereas I normally have about one or two systems worth of local intel, but I tend to wait for people to enter local, it is more fun.

Its ridiculous, we’d literally have to mess up our intel channels with undocking my vexor named meltyourfaceIXV in system x so that everyone else would not have a d-scan channel full of false positives, and then everyone that logged in after I’d notified them that I’d put a vexor out there, would then be asking whos vexor is that blah blah blah - so I’d be repeating myself all day, and I’d have to mess up intel channels with some sort of message every time I jumped gate so that the people in the new system knew the hull was friendly, and then everyone would just be renaming their hunters on the way to match d-scanned names, and then I’d have to be telling people that thought they saw my vexor on d-scan that no I’m docked 10 jumps away now, I’m not there anymore etc, etc etc.

IMO a complete ■■■■■■■■■■■ of unplayability and internal friction and manual updating people that are supposed to be part of the same team. Never mind pressing d-scan every 2 seconds for the rest of eternity in empty systems. Its just something that does not translate effectively to systems full of solo pve activities, and thousands of players on the same team.

If ever you wanted to see a system that would drive botting intel and maybe even have alliances mandating botting intel, it would be no local in null.

It can work in a wormhole where you might expect to be a single uniform group performing pve together and be able to self compare grid to d-scan to determine what was wrong with the picture.

1 Like

So you mean exactly like intel should be.
The larger you become as a group the HARDER intel should be to manage.
And if you can’t work together in a null system, wtf are you all doing together. There is nothing magical about WH’s that makes them suddenly better people for working together and actually comparing things.

Otherwise you end up with self reinforcing ever growing entities that swallow anything smaller.

However let me offer the in between solution yet again. The ‘delayed’ constellation chat.
You don’t know if they are in your particular system, you don’t see them the second they arrive in the constellation so someone fast could even cross the constellation and never appear, but you do have a rough picture of who is actually hanging around your area.
So AFK cloakers still generate some fear, but you also know they have to hunt you to actually localise you.
Information is available but it’s not 100% up to date and accurate.
And mistakes will happen on both sides of the equation resulting in more ‘ooopsie’ fights, which tend to be the only way you get the mostly even close fights.

The current local is & always has been too good. It’s not some magical new issue, it’s just gotten worse with time.

1 Like

Null bear tears are the best. What you just described actually sounds somewhat interesting. Yes it involves playing the game, but I thought that was the point of a game.

Ps your points make removing local into such a big mess because you are incapable of thinking how to survive without local. You can have more than one intel chat, and people skimming key info into a alliance wide Intel. Also which is it? Is null full of solo pve? Or a huge group on the same team? Team and solo sounds contradictory.

It involves a giant pile of extremely pointless busy work, that is too much effort for to expect it to be done properly over an organisation with 50 people active, and its extremely discouraging set of reasons for being brow beaten by other players particularly if you are new.

Do we really think that people aren’t going to lampoon the hell out of 15 years of developing a 3D game where you have to press “see” every 2 seconds for a braille snapshot taken by someone with 1 eye and no depth perception, and who has to be asked repeatedly for scans with different ranges (ie worse than 1940s radar) to discover ranges on objects that travel the whole range during the delay between scans.

I accept that its a part of where I live, and I don’t mind using it as is, but I don’t want to become every two seconds of the rest of my game playing life. If I wanted that, I’d live in a wormhole.

2 Likes

There’s a lot more differences between the two than “Local and SOV structures”. I suggest you do some reading on the subject.

Get rid of Local and this problem goes away.

This.

There’s no “omg waa waa cloaky camper” whining from WH bros. Cuz we just assume there’s a cloaky camp and we’re prepared accordingly.

If you want to talk about hotdrops - well that’s a power projection issue.

Perhaps it does. CCP has already improved it dramatically but it could use some additional tweaks.

I was thinking: You can only see Alliance members in Local, or perhaps even mutual blues.

Yes they are. “BUT MUH FARMIN’, GO TO FW FOR EASY KILLS. ACTUALLY REMOVING LOCAL WOULD MAKE US SAFER DERDER REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY”

That goes both ways.

The attacker doesn’t know who is in system there could just as easily be a standing fleet of Moms just waiting for someone to take the bait…and its not like a cyno is sneaky, if caps are coming iton the overview…and why we are at it, get pilots in system, pilots docked, and rats killed OFF of the damn map in null.

Number of jumps only, and the server tick is more than sufficient.

Chuck local I might even move back out to null.

3 Likes

move to wormhole space and you dont have local… sorted. didnt even read your post its below my standards to bother

3 Likes

Sadly, this entire thread is a waste of pixels. Think of all the electrons that were diverted from their daily lives for this.

The null sec cartels will never, ever, allow CCP to remove local from null space.
That would be bad for business.

1 Like

Give me one mechanism created by cloaky camping that isn’t a loss for all parties. On the other hand, I can give you several constructive, meaningful mechanism that would be obliterated by removing local.

Also, I stopped null ratting and being affected by cloaky campers many moons ago, a quick look at my killboard/evehunt would have given you this info. Your personal attacks make you look childish and desperate.

There’s a lot more differences between the two than “Local and SOV structures”. I suggest you do some reading on the subject.

Yeah, sure, there are gates with no mass limitations and rats that give bounties instead of blue loot. Sorry.

2 Likes

Actually, a lot of them would be open to manipulating d-scan, or having ways to give false intel / delayed intel based on ship bonuses or sov structures.

And null sec cartels are called renter empires :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yea. This guy tries so hard! I’ve gave a lot of likes to some people in this thread…

Maybe that was THE REAL purpose of this “discussion”? :smile:

1 Like

The only thing your killboard could tell me is if you’re null ratting and being dumb enough to get caught doing so. The absence of being killed while ratting doesn’t tell me whether or not you’re ratting.

I also don’t need to look at your killboard to point your ■■■■■■■■ out for what it is and if your argument of defense against that is “but muuh you didn’t look at my killboard” then that’s just sad. Why would you expect me to go out of my way to look at your killboard (which, as every remotely intelligent person knows, doesn’t provide a whole lot in reliable, useful information in the first place) when the burden of making a coherent argument is on you?

Your post is plain obvious just whining about a game mechanic that you do not understand.