CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

And how are you seeing them 5j away…

1 Like

At first I used Vintel, but I disliked its interface and general performance. I then started using the several chat channels in Provi dedicated to intel. The only way to get rid of those is removing chat from the game altogheter.

3 Likes

I would think many null people wouldn’t like this as wh’ers do it by choice. It’s the progression thing, null is medium difficulty, wh are eve on hard. Don’t ask for something you’d regret.

5 Likes

This guy gets it. This has always been the problem with this kind of “request”. People only look at it from one side. I want to blow up more stuff, make it harder for them to spot me. That’s basically what this request amounts to. Turning it around and claiming that people just want free isk printing is just a deflection. The request to remove local is saying that people want an easier time hunting.

There is no other way to look at it. An impervious intel network is nonsense, if there are “bots” that are monitoring other local channels then if CCP haven’t banned them they’re legal, and complaining about them won’t make that go away. Chat scrapers with warnings do nothing but alert you, the same way you get warning noises when you come under attack, maybe they should be taken away too because god forbid there’s any kind of audible alert you could setup from interrogating chat logs?

Most of these things still rely on solid intel provided by human beings and what you’re really advocating is more people sitting around on gates doing absolutely nothing but providing intel. That’s what you’re going to basically get with those changes. The big alliances will just sit people on the gates doing nothing cloaked up sending messages, much like they do on intel channels for gate camps etc. right now. That leads to more player inactivity not less.

I’ve lived in wormholes and clicking D-Scan every few seconds is kinda interesting at first, but very rapidly gets tedious after a few hours.

That said I wouldn’t necessarily be against removing local if it were replaced by other mechanisms of intel gathering. Structures that automatically ping ships that appear within a set radius for example to the corp/chat channel. Probes that scan periodically based on a skill and show reports of ships within an area. I’m sure there could be more. Removing local could provide interesting content, but only if there’s a counter-game available to the “defenders”. As it stands the request to remove local only favours the attacker, as I’m sure is intended. That’s not how it should work, both sides need to be considered.

21 Likes

Your post, like the other guy’s, is based on a fallacy, and you think you’re being clever like you’ve “figured out” some “ulterior motive”, aka: “you just want easier targets”. But it’s not clever, it’s basically a meme at this point: the knee-jerk response whenever anyone brings up the fact that Local in NullSec is causing EVE’s health to deteriorate.

Irony at it’s finest. Oh my god, my sides.

If you’re not willing to discuss the problems and the merits of the proposed solution, then you are part of that problem.

Also, I found your bot apologism endearing.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I must be not understanding then: won’t removing local make it easier to kill miners in belts in null?

EDIT: and, if I understood correctly, EVE health’s is attached to the fact that mining is the problem (as in, there should be less of it), wouldn’t a nerf to mining efficient have the same effect?

6 Likes

That’s cute…you type fast. Seems like you have a valid argument, in your mind only, as may be the case. Maybe have a valium or something…

2 Likes

Yes, but at the same time, no, because people jumping in won’t even know if there’s other people in system. You won’t know if someone is cloaked, watching the gate, and has intel on you. It’d be a more dangerous place for everyone

Even if the answer was a pure “yes”, that does not equate that I personally just want easier kills, and that’s my only motivation for this post.

Again, it’s about the health of the game.

2 Likes

Why are you focused only on mining? I mentioned ratting too.

1 Like

State War Academy less than one day.

2 Likes

I unsubbed a few years ago…your argument ends there :slight_smile:

1 Like

But not in equal measure. Wouldn’t industrialists have a harder time than dedicated PvPers and even PvEers?

Because I’m a miner.

4 Likes

And so does yours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Completely equal. If you ever lived in an environment that lacks Local, you would understand. It’s equal risk to everyone.

Hardly, I see such a decline it’s almost…not worth vaulting these plex pieces or whatever. But…I believe in perserverance …like you.

1 Like

Are you saying that a player in a barge has the same fighting chance than a combat oriented ship? Or a faster one?

4 Likes

No, that is not what I’m saying. Don’t try to twist my words or put new ones in my mouth. :slight_smile:

Then what are you saying? I fail to see how, without intel, the risk would be the same for a player looking to mine, for example, and a player actively ready for combat.

6 Likes

Here’s a solution. You could close local and challenge yourself in null…purely optional.

2 Likes

I don’t need to apologise for what you consider to be bots. Your opinion on what is or isn’t a bot is irrelevant. CCP gets to define it, not you. As it happens I don’t use any of those kinds of tools as I cannot be bothered to set them up, but until CCP ban them, see my second sentence.

I did discuss the problems and merits of the proposal, as has been discussed before and simply removing local is a massive shift in favour of hunters. Pretending otherwise is simple denial. I don’t need to be clever to “figure that out” its self-evident and resorting to ad-hominem attacks does nothing for your argument.

I occasionally see people from multiple jumps away because I’m part of an intel channel that reports people’s movements and I watch the channel to see where enemies are. That won’t change, people will still do it, they’ll just do it from gates and you’ll force a situation where intel can only be provided from people sitting on gates, but the fundamental problem will remain. So what then? Do we remove chat channels because people can watch them and get information on where people are? At what point is “free information” too much?

The problem I have with the suggestion is that it’s imbalanced in favour of the hunter. Massively so. The “irony” is that every time someone disagrees with this kind of post it’s because they’re risk-averse and want to print free isk. Which is a deflection, pure and simple. If I wanted to print ISK I’d go scam in Jita or Dodixie where I could do it and never have to undock. Lots of people do it and make billions doing it, and attacking the person rather than the argument doesn’t further the argument in favour of health.

I have no interest in repeating my comments, but at the bottom of my last post I made some suggestions as to how it could work. Removing local isn’t necessarily a bad thing, PROVIDED there is some kind of mechanic by which defenders could still obtain the info in an active manner that doesn’t involve sitting off a gate cloaked for hours on end, which is what you’re advocating.

12 Likes