CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

its null, there isn’t any crimewatch stopping me helping hold sov.

1 Like

Everyone gets into standing fleets. You are massively derailing the thread anyway, because it is not, and has never been the point.

The point is null has cynos and particularly it has covert cynos, therefore it has to have active instant local.

1 Like

Salty about what exactly, a ship that cost 35m with fittings and I had ten of them all fitted and ready to go, where is the salt in that. And I am talking about a player who is not currently playing and seems to be someone who does not really PvP because local is too tough for him, I think the salt is all there in that person.

Thanks for enabling me to point that out again!

I didn’t claim to know the origin of the reading, i was just notifying you of the reading itself :man_scientist:

So if you are ignorant about the subject matter you still post, you sound like a global warming scientist…

Well…
Giggles…

I wonder if anybody really knows where the salt originates :rice:

I often giggle :grinning:

1 Like

The OP actually…

losing ships is fine is you can counter and take more of theirs down in the process.

so you’re NPC corp holds sov where then?

No, no it really doesn’t. All you need local for is to be able to get your PvE ships away 100% of the time, with no risk. You do realize people defending against hot drops can use cynos also, yeah?

Drac, I never once said being a nullbear is a bad thing. I actually called myself a carebear multiple times. Why are you ashamed of your playstyle?

Why would you want to operate in null without local? Do you want risk in the game, or do you want easy ISK with no risk? The entire reason to go to null is to help build an empire. You can hunt and be hunted anywhere from HS to WHs.

Drac, I’ve said many many times I do primarily PvE in null and WHs. Why do you think I’ve called myself a carebear constantly since we started talking last year? I’m actually asking for the game to be harder for my playstyle. I can walk into literally any area of null and PvE to my heart’s content and never be in any risk of dying. And that’s without intel channels. That says there is something very very wrong with null. Solution? Let’s do something about local chat.

Also, please keep the personal attacks down, this is about the game, not about you’re obsession with me and the insults you love to throw around when you don’t have anything of substance to reply with. I look forward to your next insult.

Love and kisses,
Sonya

so you need to outship them or out number them. neither of which are options available for smaller corps. which is what i’m talking about here. yeah, if you’ve got enough numbers to have a standing cap fleet ready for counter drop at a moments notice, then removing local wouldn’t prevent ratting and mining.
but if you don’t have the numbers or capital to have that then your supposed to what? stay in high-sec? the only option currently is to run, and running from a fight you have no hope in winning is a valid option, no one owes you a fight.

once the carebears, and smaller corps are gone, who will be left? only mega alliances who are operating under cap ship overwatch protection. and who’s going to want to drop on them unless you know you have overwhelming firepower to pop them before the fleet can respond. again, resulting in people getting popped with no warning, and no chance to fight back or escape. if that happens too many times they will just stop flying the shiny ships. which means no more juicy targets.

1 Like

You can band together with other smaller groups in null, go to LS or WHs. null was never meant for small groups to operate independently.

well damn, someone should probably tell ccp that then. because all of the changes they have been making to null for the past 5 years have had the express intention of making it more viable for smaller groups to exist out there. (to varying degrees of failure)

1 Like

Timeframes seem to be nostalgic or something I guess.

Phoebe was the start of nullsec changes and not in a good way. That was at the very end of 2014. Up u til then, there had been no major changes yes in null for a long time and with the coming of Aegis sov, null continued to hold out for changes that would shake things up.

Aegis sov was 2015. Much less than 5 years ago.

Before that, changes back to 2012 were focused on other things:

Inferno: Faction warfare, mercenaries
Retribution: Crimewatch overhaul

Odyssey: exploration
Rubicon: mostly rebalancing, SOE ships

Kronos: rebalancing
Crius: Industry
Hyperion: wormholes
Oceanus: rebalancing
Phoebe: long distance travel (jump fatigue)

Nullsec hasn’t been getting it all for thr last 5 years. The last 2, yes.

your right, I couldn’t actually remember how long the big null changes had been going on for (after a decade things start blurring together) I just remembered that making null more accessible for smaller organizations was one of the topics discussed a lot at the last fanfest I attended, which was 3 or 4 years ago. must have gotten time frames mixed up a bit.

Well I think the insults are coming from you, carebear is an insult, telling me I want 100% safety is an insult because it is not true. Also you tend to jump on me and keep on with the same obsessional you aren’t in a fleet or on comms rubbish, you are the obsessed one, I have merely replied to you in kind, personally I don’t think you are even playing the game, and you are just trolling.

In any case the reason I think local is needed is purely to balance off against cyno’s I have said that clearly again and again and you ignore that point completely. You are asking for the game to be made too easy for hunters and that is a very bad thing, see Jenn’s comment above.

In any case I see a lot of people caught and killed, as far as I am concerned the balance is right and the only thing that needs changing is the AFK part of cloaking.

Sorry if I struck a nerve. Carebear just means risk averse. If you think makes it an insult, I really can’t help you. You could stop pushing for 100% risk free ratting in null though.

I heard what you said Drac, and we have a balance against cynos. That is…more cynos. The last I checked ratters could call for help when dropped, right?

If we get rid of local (which has no counter) then we can talk about nerfing cloaking (which cannot hurt anyone). Go ahead and shoot me a killmail of anyone who died to someone with an active cloak, then we can talk more.

I’m asking for the game to not be trivial for PvE-ers in null any more (which I say as a PvE-er in null and WHs). Unless you fall asleep at the keyboard now, it’s impossible to die when ratting or mining in null.

Everyone ascertains risk, it is part of the game equation, in my book being in nullsec as part of a small alliance is above normal risk, your risk assessment is based on DRF in deep drone space or fortress Delve.

Again stating that I want 100% risk free ratting in nullsec is rather insulting and way off base when I am refusing to accept removing local as it will make the game unbalanced due to cyno’s. Null sec is dangerous, lots of people get caught with local so your 100% risk free ratting is quite frankly wrong.

A cyno is not a balance against a cyno, it takes time to get people to get in the right ships and often by that time the enemy fleet has got safe. If people have combat alts and some do they can leave them ready to bridge in etc., but then do we want Eve to be totally a game of multiple accounts to even play.

Cloaking is fine except for the AFK part.

It is not trival doing PvE in nullsec in anything efficient period…, we kill stuff hunting because we have good hunters who use the mind crushingly boring PvE to our advantage, you might want to think about it, just because you can’t do it does not mean that others do not. As I said you need to get better at Eve. And by the way before you get all snotty at that comment and report me, those people are better hunters than me.

1 Like