CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

Well now, @Bjorn_Tyrson @Frostys_Virpio, you guys definitely should re-read the Eve Lore.

The first settlers from Terra who came through the Eve Gate built Stargates and colonized various planets throughout the New Eden cluster. When the Eve Gate collapsed, that disaster caused a catastrophic event that destroyed most of their technology and plunged their colonies into a Dark Age. Within a few centuries the majority of those colonies died out.

The few colonies that managed to survive slowly over time regained their lost technology. The first one was the Jove to rise to power. Soon afterwards the Sleepers, Talocan and Yan Jung civilizations all rose to power as well and started rebuilding Stargates to re-colonize New Eden. After a while those 3 died out while the Jove Empire still flourished.

The next civilization to emerge from the Dark Ages was the Amarr who discovered an intact ancient Stargate within their system and successfully reverse engineered that technology. They then constructed the first modern Stargate and started expanding throughout the New Eden cluster. Early on a group of Amarr called the Takmahl rose to great power and then died off as well.

Over the centuries the Amarr expanded through the cluster and eventually encountered the Minmatar who had earlier found and was using a few original Stargates that were still working. The Minmatar had also developed the Acceleration Gate technology which was later copied by the other races. After enslaving the Minmatar, the Amarr then later encountered the Gallente and Caldari and then finally the Jove.

Before meeting the Amarr, the Gallente had already discovered space travel and created their own Stargate. The Gallente introduced that technology to the Caldari who quickly expanded on it, creating their own space warpdrive and Stargate tech. Due to a space race to colonize systems, the Gallente and Caldari entered into a century long war during which the Caldari gained Capsule tech from the Jove. When the Amarr finally met the Gallente and Caldari, they deemed them too powerful and attacked the Jove who quickly defeated them. Soon afterwards the Minmatar rebelled against the Amarr and with the help of the Gallente, gained their freedom.

After that the five Factions came together and jointly founded CONCORD as an interstellar peace-keeping organization. CONCORD brokered peace treaties between the Gallente and Caldari, ending their century long war, and the Amarr and Minmatar, freeing the Minmatar from threat of invasion and re-enslavement. CONCORD stands for Consolidated Cooperation and Relations Command. It’s main function was to promote trade, improve relations, conduct negotiations and act as a neutral party to mediate any differences between the Factions. Over time Concord increased its own power and influence with funds from collecting customs, confiscating contraband, selling licenses and various other financial means in order to become a Faction independent of Empire control.

Most of the Stargates in unclaimed Null sec were built by the Empires with plans to expand out and claim those regions for themselves. Then the Empyrean Age happened which introduced Capsuleers and due to other various events such as the emergence of Rogue Drone hordes, the Empires give up on colonizing Null sec regions.

Most of the long jump Stargates that circle around the outer edge of Null sec were built by pirates, smugglers, and rebels so they could bypass dangerous routes that lead through Empire space.

That’s basically a condensed version of New Eden Lore. Concord doesn’t own the Stargates, they just oversee them, collect revenue and enforce retribution in high sec for unlawful acts committed by Capsuleers. And since recent events have shown that the Empires are losing control, it only makes sense that the lower the system security status is, the less info will be relayed to local by the Stargate.

8 Likes

Well, the stargates are all capable of tracking pilots, and CONCORD still oversees them. Plus who cares about the lore anyway when removing local from null is absolutely game breaking and will ensure no new powers are ever able to set foot in null again. Nullsec will pretty much be a choice of joining Panfam, goons, or TEST if you hope to do anything in null sec, otherwise you are just going to get continuously stomped until you can’t be bothered and leave.

It’s incredibly selfish of players like you to want to remove the only mechanic that allows smaller alliances and coalitions to survive, for no other reason than wanting easy kills because you are bad at hunting. GET OUT OF NULL IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT.

2 Likes

If you bothered to read the thread you would have realized I don’t want local to be removed, because it will hurt hunters.

That’s why I deleted the post.

Thank you for summing up EXACTLY the point that people have been trying to make.

thanks for the lore lesson, I was a little rusty on that particular bit of lore. I’d forgotten that concord had been formed pre-capsuleers. I had mentioned that the gates where built by the respective empires but where now overseen maintained by concord.
and regardless of why they initially formed, that doesn’t change the fact that their primary purpose NOW involves the policing and control of empyrions. (when was the last time you saw concord go after belt rats?)

as for the lower the sec status the less information getting relayed, thats not entirely accurate either. as long as the gates are functional they are going to be connected to the fluid router network. which means that as long as the gate exists it is going to transmit the exact same information as anywhere else.

this is also the same technology that allows cloning, btw, so at least in theory, no local means no clones (when wormholes where being developed, back when clone states where still a thing, there was some talk thrown about suggesting that if you died while in a wormhole you would loose skill points, thankfully that idea got tossed. gameplay>lore)

Woah, take it easy, I didn’t say completely remove local. In fact I was actually agreeing with this:

By the way, anyone who operates in Null sec should be able to survive there, how do you think w-hole dwellers do it?

I’m sorry, I just get annoyed at the selfishness of some players.

However I just don’t see the point in having it degrade and get buffed to the point where it works exactly the same as it does now, because where local is best that’s where the players will collect and nothing will change. I don’t think you can make any viable argument for changing local unless you are going to make it far harder for hunters to find targets.

If they don’t want local then they shouldn’t be able to find me unless they combat probe me, but at the end I’ll be as safe as ever only you are forcing me to spam D-scan to PVE, in which case ill move to low sec because I can’t be bothered doing that.

There is no argument for changing local in any way that makes any logical sense. When it boils down the changes don’t change anything apart from getting the PVE player to do something completely arbitrary and unnecessary to be just as safe.

Yeah, just like losing skillpoints when a T3 Cruiser get’s destroyed, where’s the Lore connection with that?

You can’t just say that though. You are ignoring the fact that there are very large, old and rich entities in null sec. You just can’t compete with that. It’s unbelievably ignorant to suggest WH can do it so it should be fine. You are ignoring all the mechanics embedded in wormholes that make it possible to operate without local.

2 Likes

Welcome to my world, I have to constantly spam D-scan when doing exploration sites in low or null sec. I have to travel around in defensive mode and be super quick on warp all the time.

Your choice, don’t force it on me please. I chose not to go into wormholes because I don’t want to play like that.

1 Like

I don’t want to play like that either but this game basically makes most players do that. Hell, you can’t even autopilot in high sec due to getting attacked, High Sec !!

Dude, that was a learning experience for me as well which took quite a bit of time to first find it and then to condense it.

Hell, it was almost a complete Eve history review so I bookmarked that post, just in case someone asks a question about Lore stuff in the future.

:wink:

1 Like

Don’t AFK AP your slow-as-■■■■ freighter with 40b worth of ■■■■ in it in one go…

Dude, wtf are you talking about?

You must have me confused with someone else. I don’t own a freighter and I definitely don’t travel on AP anywhere.

Anyway, when was the last time you were in high sec? Doesn’t matter what ship you’re flying, it’ll still get attacked because almost all of the sheep are gone due to too many gank wolves on the prowl.

I just AFK Autopiloted 8 ishtars frome one end of highsec to the other. They were not touched, despite being no-tank travel fit and having a reasonable amount of isk in their cargohold vs what would be required to kill them. If you are being attacked in highsec, then you’re doing one or more of a few things:

1. Fitting too much ISK to your ship vs effort required to gank it.
  2. Flying in such a way as to make people think you are a bot or AFK.
  3. Being overtly hostile in local, or making threats or claims about highsec gankers
  4. Being a troll on the forums

My money’s on #4. Though, to be fair, I don’t know who you are or who you think you are, nor do I care to know who you are or who you think you are. It is clear you think very highly of yourself, so maybe your ego is to blame as to why people single you out.

But for the average citizen of EVE Online, ganking means they were either AFK with a very shiny ship, or they were in a freighter with a ton of shiny stuff.

Yeah, twice fold right back at you bud, especially since you’re going out of your way in trying to instigate a forum flame war with me.

By the way, you’re definitely wrong if you think I was complaining about being suicide ganked.

The only problem i see here: why the space has different colors for various regiones and security levels? I don’t think empires are powerfull enough to make such deep changes into it…

Umm, that’s just a visual representation on the games user interface. Just like boundary lines and colors on an Atlas map.