CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

Drac, I lived in provi for years and everything I say stands. It’s trivial to avoid hunters living there. Shoot me a message in game and I can help you survive if you want

I don’t live in Provi, I am not NRDS for a start. LOL, as if you could teach me anything based on your advice in this thread so far.

But feel free to send me a mail on how to live and operate in WH space, I might get around to do that at some point, though I think I have that mainly covered, it is not exactly difficult…

That’s not gonna happen because it require them to put effort in game instead of here on the forum.

3 Likes

The Intel is not provided by the empires. It is provided by concord and their affiliates. Just because they don’t have ships or gate guns in nullsec does not mean their reach doesn’t extend that far (who do you think sov bills get payed too) and concord has a VERY vested interest in keeping track of capsuleer movement and activities. If anything concord would be keeping an even closer eye on what’s going on in null

Yeah, then why does each of the 4 Empires have a different type of Stargate?

There are also stargates in null outside of the empires’ reach, and it’s concord that decides the security of the space.

The empires each have a seat on the concord council. Along with the jovians (now soct as of the inheritance chronicle) Just because the empire builds them, doesn’t mean that concord doesn’t have a hand in maintaining them and using them to track capsuleers.

The entire reason concord exists is to monitor, control and police capsuleer actions. Loosening the reigns in low and null is a calculated decision on the part of concord. It encourages capsuleers to go and wage our wars in the ass end of the galaxy rather than in the highly populated core world’s.

Concord asked for gates to be placed, the empire produced the ones closest to their own space under contract using their own implementation of the jump gate technology.

It’s not like spinning some lore is hard.

…um…you literally just said

And I know you’re an expert in WHs. You flew through them once or twice. We’re past that. Move on. Now we’re on to you forgetting what you told me yesterday. Don’t worry, I quoted it above for you.

That’s what we are dealing with in providence, how are we supposed to defend against this without local?

4 Likes

That person has 12 losses (less than a billion isk total) in four years playing EVE, I’m not sure what they have to complain about. They seem to be doing just fine.

For tips on avoiding it, re-read what I’ve said multiple times already.

They aren’t complaining ffs. My point is that as soon as you remove local then what is the point trying to do any sort of PVE if we are just going to be dropped on by a revenant without warning.

Your solution to that is to bait the revenant and have a supercap fleet on standby just to do some PVE? You don’t think this revenant is going to have any backup or something.

The only option would be to leave null completely at that point, our alliance cannot compete with faction supercarriers so just stfu being retarded.

1 Like

How many people are going to drop a 100 bil ship when they aren’t 100% sure there isn’t someone with a fleet waiting next to them?

The question you should be asking is what are you guys doing that make people comfortable dropping a ship that expensive in your space

I thought you said you had lived in provi, if you really did you should know this is what waffles and HTP do all the time, so you must be lying.

It’s pretty simple, they know we don’t have a capital fleet large enough to deal with that, not even counting the fact that we would have to have a response quick enough to catch the ■■■■■■■ thing.

Removing local is a ■■■■ idea, you don’t have a ■■■■■■■ clue what you are talking about, it’s quite evident. Move to WH space and enjoy yourself there, you obviously don’t like null sec so leave.

2 Likes

Is provi still yelling at anyone who flys a cap for using it then?

As long as local exists in null, they always know if there is a fleet waiting for them when dropping that much isk on a field.

@ Topic

The porblem whit that is that you are Putting more Risk in 0.0 Space ? Wheres the Balance in it when you only nerv one side ? So you have to Buff it somehow. Also 0.0 Space is something what you own. Thats my space MY ALIANCE fight for and did some shitty fozzy sov (i dont like it ). So why shouln´t i know WHO is floating in my Space ?

Keep in mind the Playerbase isnt some dump childs you are dealing whit. They are smart. They will adapt.
The only Different you would have know is a different used Spy network of placed alts somewhere on gates. You see a ship thats not Blue to you report 1 neut in “enter System” in “enter ship”. So what does it change ?

You need a resonable exchange for that RISK you are putting in removing the Local. So that would be more Payouts on Rats some other buffs and stuff you don´t wont them to have. For what ? You just change how players behave till they adapt to the situation and keep going on whit more money in the pockets thay had bevore.

My 2 cents here so well … -1 aint a good idear.

Stop talking rubbish

1 Like

Easy. First, allow capital ratters and Rorquals. Second, form a standing fleet of carriers, faxes, supers, and titans. When someone gets tackled, they light a cyno, and you put enough ■■■■ on grid to kill an Iapetian titan.

right, because absolutely every group in null-sec has a standing capital fleet. and its totally reasonable that the minimum barrier to entry for any group that wants to make a go at null-sec life is to have that capital fleet already, and have the capability of quickly replacing them when they get counter dropped. till then they should just stick to HS mining veldspar.

1 Like

If you can’t defend your space, you don’t deserve your space. Not entirely sure why that’s so difficult.

That or, you know, don’t rat with a hostile in local…