CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

And here I thought we had established months ago that you have zero clue about hunting (or about anything for that matter) and shouldn’t talk about things you understand nothing about.

And again:

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

oh you have no idea, i follow a guy in a super carrier around salvaging from him on my alpha, ive seen him make 200+ million isk ticks when no being lazy, 176m ticks when he is lazy

i too agree that the Local shot be removed from the null and replacing it with the communication ships and towers low structure med structure and higer structure and jamming communication ships and jamming towers for boosting the signal ore disrupting the communication to nearby systems for a example of the enemy comes to the system they will need a player with communication ship and jamming communication ship in order to do anything same thing for the players in the system if the corp/alliance don have the communication ship ore towers they will be blind it is the same thing if you go to desert you will need a compass or GPS to find a way home there is no Local phone that you can call some one right.

1 Like

Why? It’s a game. That sounds like very boring gameplay, as does removing local. If no local was so fun then everybody would be in wormholes, the fact they aren’t tells you it’s a bad idea and noobody wants it, apart from like 10 people in this thread who have nothing better to do.

That’s a bit of a strawman. There’s more differences between Null and W-Space than local. Static access (gates), and cynos being the first two differences I can think of.

There is no way null could ever exist with cynos and without local so that doesn’t even need to be considered. As for the static access gates, I find it incredibly hard to believe that is the deal breaker for whether people decide to live in wormholes or not.

That doesn’t mean anything, it’s playable both ways.

Rubbish. Without local Nul would be dangerous and would still be full of people, all that would change is the strategy. Fear of change is the only thing happening here.

1 Like

Where’s the intensive to do anything in null when getting hotdropped without warning all the time? I think you’ll find most people want the option to be able to play alone sometimes and not rely on the entire alliance everytime they want to do non-pvp related things.

You have no way to address this.

Nul is supposed to require a team. That’s the problem with nul living carebears. It’s been this way so long people are used to the easy life.

Wanting the option to log on and play solo sometimes has nothing whatsoever to do with being a carebear. As I said you have no arguement, hence the weak response.

It has everything to do with being a carebear if you want to do it in nul.

Who made that completely arbitrary rule?

Aside from Local in Player Sov not fitting into the security cascade from a purely design perspective, the test for whether it would be good to remove Local from Player Sov, is if it will result in more player conflict in Player Sov.

Thoughts on that are divided into 3 camps:
-That it will
-That it wont
-Dont rock the boat

Im of the first. I further test this by weighing pros and cons to both aggressor and defender.
In my view, both would be affected with roughly an equal set of pros/cons, equaling out based on emergent gameplay resulting from lack of automatic intel.

I find it very hard to argue, that less intel, does not directly correlate to less safety/security for defenders, and more effort on part of aggressors to gather it as well.

Thats what intel is, afterall, a very valuable resource, and imo should not be “free” in Player Sov, where players should be at the peak of autonomy and self-reliance.

Let’s say you win and this is made true: all carebears moved out of 0.0 space. All what’s left are team players mostly oriented to pvp.

Do you think there will still be so many ganked ratting carriers/supers? Do you think roamers will still roam around?
In general how populated 0.0 space will be then?

Do you think 0.0 space will be better for anyone than now?

I think since everyone loves caps there will still be people acting stupidly with them. I do however think currently there are FAR too many people casually using capital and supercapital ships in general. It’s my opinion that capital ships should require a team in order to use safely. Quantifying the loss of them is a bit of a strawman.

Yeah for sure. If roamers stopped hunting more people would act alone in nulsec, and in balance the roamers would return to hunt them. A new balance would be achieved quite obviously, and I think that balance would shake things up in a good way.

I think similarly to now, there will be areas of high density as groups have to rally together to provide safety (much like now but more so) though I admnit those packs may have to be tighter than currently I consider that to be a good thing.

Yeah I think once balance is achieved after a period of chaos Nulsec would be more fun from a tactical point of view, even if it does make solo ISK farming in capital ships an actual challenge instead of easy mode grinding.

This was a false conclusion.

That 0.0 would require more team play with lack of Local, doesnt necessarily make it more PvP oriented, nor that carebears would move out rather than teamplaying instead. The rewards of 0.0 are significant enough to choose to stay and adapt, rather than leave.

They can either remain in 0.0 for more reward and team play to achieve it, or move elsewhere for less reward and less impetus on team play.

Goons have realized they are much better off farming/consolidating the hell out of Delve, rather than running an intergalactic empire. Mark my words, Goons will yet reach out and extend an empire, but for the forseeable future, Delve will remain an impenetrable fortified Goon base that will likely last the remainder of EVEs lifecycle.

Then make it harder for them. Considering how many still die every day, there is no absolute safety. As for that they should require support to be able to use them at all: Yeah, sure, we need more CFC-kind of coalitions in the game because they are so good for content. Oh wait, they are not and instead stifle content wherever they go.

Null sec would not be more fun for the average roamer because groups would coalesce more into fewer systems, making it harder for a hunter to quickly grab something of value (VNIshtars are of no value) and get away with it because reinforcements are only a warp or a cyno away. And the only way to counter that is with more blob. Really great prospect for null sec.

Hunters in Player Sov already have to d-scan to find targets.

Nothing is changed in that regard by removing local.

For the hunter, knowing there is a potential target there via Local does not equal knowing where they are or what they are just from that. They have to actually track the target down and identify it.

They will still have to d-scan/combat probe or use 3rd party intel, just as before.

Meanwhile, as currently, a miner in an asteroid field receives advance notice of a incoming unknown and can initiate warp to a safe/station before the unknown even arrives.

Alternatively, a frigate ratting in an asteroid field also receives the same automatic data in his system further up the chain and can provide intel of the incoming unknown without watching the gate/s via chat to others further down the chain.

Who are you kidding?

I think it’s more nuanced than those 3 options.

I think there are some areas where it will cause a lot more conflict… that being areas that are heavily populated in null, like Providence. I think there are some areas of null where conflict will take a nosedive due to their sparser population as the difficulty of finding targets is magnified. Then there is the third consideration… which is the effect on the sov side (as opposed to just roaming players/gangs looking to fight). That’s the side I have the toughest time guessing as to what might happen.

I can see there being little impact… as with 1000 pilot engagements both sides generally have adequate scouting/spies beyond local to know what’s incoming. I can see it helping defenders as their docked ships are not scoutable. I can see it helping attackers as they could use a series of jumps to cyno in without those along the jump path seeing a local spike to report.

I actually like the idea of the wild card result for big battles. I just think the day to day side would suck… moving the vast majority of conflict to the populated areas of null and having the rest with much less PvP hunting. Basically… you rat in your home systems with little danger and come to Providence for fights.