CCP. Skins, please

Perhaps…although one might think any project involving direct player contribution would be regulated somewhat closely to prevent “such issues”. irl legal consequences to the real player for coding shennanigans and only allowing a certain number of vetted volunteers to participate might permit such an effort to contribute greatly to the game in areas CCP can’t prioritize dev time to right then. Seems it might be cheaper and faster to review code written to a common standard than to write it all in-house from scratch, but maybe not.

Obviously CCP hasn’t implemented such a thing over the years so they must have their reasons. Yeah, maybe it’s the nature of their playerbase. After all, EvE is a game full of people who do things like figure out ways to make it rain penises in another game.

So you make a valid point. I still suspect they could do something to take advantage of all the untapped free talent their players would give them, though.

and I’m fairly easily puzzled…so there’s that

This would be a great idea… It frees up the devs and the skins would then only need a cursory review to see if they were appropriate/legal and could be added straight away.

1 Like

The Eros Blossom is by far my favorite set of SKINs and it’s a pity they are only available for four ships. I know EVE has a reputation for having a profoundly masculine energy but I think more colorful and pretty SKINs would at least be some small step towards a broader spectrum of player expression…

There are two new Vindicator SKINs and a new Caldari SKIN (Ghost bird?) series in the pipes.

Hey, I rewatched EVE Fanfest 2017 - EVE Art 2016 Recap recently. They showed really impressive tool in that presentation. And now I really cannot imagine any recently added SKINs batch taking longer that a day to create. Besides they are so ugly lately, either color gradient or some camo spots, or both. WTF camo does in space anyway?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.