Community Skins

Been looking at all these skins and while lots look nice I think it would be really cool if CCP considered opening the skin market up for community made skins. The skin author can sell the skins on the EVE marketplace and CCP takes a big cut of the sales.

Think of it as how RUST current handles it’s skins. People can make and post their own skins in the workshop and get paid for it (with RUST/Valve getting their cut).

More money. Coalitions/Alliances can make their own fleet skins. Sounds cool huh?

2 Likes

They talked about having customized skins either at EVE Vegas 15 or 16… but as you can see it never came to fruition.

I’d be happier if they’d actually SELL the skins that exist. Sounds like a really good business deal to me: you create skins for your game and then actually put them up for sale in your shop.

This has been discussed time and time again. No shortage of prior threads on this subject.

“+1”
there is a lot of good artists around
custom amarr skins by some talented gods warrior would be cool

I would pay a few hundred dollars for a Thorax/variants skin that turns it into a big, hard, drippy dong’n’balls.

Also just a steady stream of expenditures on any skins that have anime girls and stuff on them.

3 Likes

i pass on the dong
but anime girls are noice i would spend some isk on it

I just want a SKIN with a big 4 on it. The best SKIN is the 4 SKIN

4 Likes

the joke is so bad is good have a heart :heart:

2 Likes

why pay for something that no one /few people can see , it adds nothing to the game…

1 Like

YOU see it all the time. That is reason enough :wink:

well actually i dont :slight_smile: all my accounts are set at potato mode so i can run them all,

also if i set a skin on my pod or ship , that i cant see, every time it dies ie every 15 min the new ship pod reverts to the default boring version . so definately not aimed at me.

1 Like

I miss the mackinaw Ore skins , gankers came from 20 jumps just to get on the killmail, those were proper skins one time use once its gone its gone (and costs a few bill :))

1 Like

Adding an “auto apply previous skin” feature should be trivial for CCP if it’s something that a lot of players would request.

1 Like

i was planning to say something like ccp wont do anything with this cos effort etc then i realised this involves Skins…ie money injection…so i now imagine this will be a high priority for ccp from now on and will be introduced double quick

1 Like

That would be my thinking and hope but if it’s come up repeatedly in the past without much positive response then I guess it’s just money left on the table.

1 Like

Oh man I requested this years ago…

Coming Soon™

2 Likes

But then how would they get the “LIMITED TIME ONLY BUY NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND GONE FOREVER” sales?

1 Like

You don’t, because they bring them back 8 months later :roll_eyes: :laughing:

Or give them away to everybody for Halloween.