CCP Stop me from throwing Money at DU, give us WIS!

We need more but will we get more.

Let eve specialize in what itā€™s good at no need to start something new from scratch.

2 Likes

But that is not good enough for todayā€¦

Iā€™ll be honest, Dual Universe will take ALL my game time and empty my wallet when it goes live, I do hope CCP has something up their sleeve to get us to stay. Competition is heating up in this genre.

1 Like

I know, in DU first thing Iā€™ll buy will be teritory on sanctuary moon, so I will have secure base from which I will go to exploarations ā€¦
If I can do that in Eve I would never leave it.

1 Like

Their website says they only have 6 million Euro dollars in funding donations with over 1 million backers and are selling pre-alpha access. The game looks way too ambitious to float on 6 mill. Star Citizen has hundreds of millions of dollars and isnā€™t even in beta yet. That should tell you what you need to know.

Their company (Novaquark) motto is

ā€œOur goal is to create the first virtual online civilization, enabling millions of players to shape and share a universe of their own, together, at a scale never seen before.ā€

ā€œA world with meaning, where everything you do has a permanent impact.ā€

The servers alone would cost an insane amount of money to maintain for a omega single shard game with millions of players in the same universe on that scale with voxel level creation and destruction. God I cannot imagine that level of server load. You would have to have a CIA/NSA sized underground A.I. supercomputer server farm to process that much data.

Game looks amazing, and their reach exceeds their grasp as it should, but unless they can find someone to financially support them, then the project cannot happen. Maybe Gaben?

I mean, that is the game we all want to play. The game CCP took a risk to try and create the dream of. But it takes a metric ton of dollars to fulfill a dream like that.

Unless their fund raising somehow magically explodes, this is dead in the water.

1 Like

You could do that in EVE if you base out of a NPC station. But from your other posts it is clear you want a perfectly safe theme park MMO to play in. So EVE is not for you. Too bad so sad.

5 Likes

Wrong, I am 25 years in IT business and I can say for sure that you completely over estimated costs.

1 Like

As your name said you are ā€¦

3 Likes

I agree, their finances seem slim, they are not money hungry though, selling only three types of Game Packs, 180 Euro is the dearest one, a far cry from $27,000 Legatus Pack from CIG,
ā€œI will be watching their career with great interestā€

Iā€™m 26 years in IT and I can say for sure that you completely over estimate the capabilities of CCP to deliver features reasonably error free in a reasonable time frame.

3 Likes

I tend to agree, sure many improvements have been made, itā€™d be good to see some GIANT leap forward though.

15 years.

For 15 years people have predicted that some game was going to kill EVE. Jumpgate, Black Prophecy, SWG, SWTOR, Star Trek Online, No Manā€™s Sky, Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen and NOW Dual Universe joins the club.

How many times does EVE (with itā€™s not having WiS or Atmospheric flight or sectional damage or ā€œgood, dynamic, procedurally generated PVEā€ or "consensual only PVP and real punishments for griefers etc etc etc) have to NOT fall dead when these other space games come out for people to stop suggesting this?

How many times do people have to leave EVE for other spaceship games only to slink right back to EVE? Usually quietly lol.

All of this just means that people donā€™t understand what EVE is or why itā€™s still around (hint: itā€™s not the spaceships, the sci-fi setting, the immersion factor or any of that), so they donā€™t understand that these other games CANā€™T affect EVE. No one is making anything that can compete with EVE anytime soon, because EVE isnā€™t a game, itā€™s a psychological experiment wrapped in Spreadsheets.

9 Likes

Legit only true ISK doubler! Send me 1,000,000 I send you DOUBLE!

Quitting EvE, Send me ISK I double it!

GECKO
GECKO
GECKO
Three card monty

CORP THEFT LEGIT CONTRACT! 100%

Imperial Navy Slicer! Gotta be quicker to get it!

Selling 500 Plex for 500 Million (Contract says 5 billion)

The local trade hub chat channel alone is harder than most games end bosses.

6 Likes

Yeah, but you surely want DUST on PC :wink:

Dust or whatever they do withit will be a completely dufferent game and only be connected to EVE over the lore.

EVE is nothing like SC or DU and it never should try to become like those games, it is fine how it is.

Why do some people have the desire that all games become copies of eachother that makes no sense at all.

Also once SC comes out it will totally kill DU /s

1 Like

I enjoyed the station interface while we still had it, but it could have been so much more, even without any expansion beyond the captainā€™s quarters. CCP could have allowed us to:
-Watch scope / news videos in captainā€™s quarters on the big monitor
-Watch events like the alliance tournament
-Have access to ā€œwebcamsā€ in limited major/hub systems to watch on the monitor. Is Burn Jita happening? Iā€™ll check the JitaCam. How many corpses are piling up in the Gran Prix? Iā€™ll check the cam in Luminaire.
-Watch several tutorial videos for beginners from the captainā€™s couch.
-Add ā€œrotatingā€ news items, like the most-wanted ads they posted. E.g., show utilization or destruction numbers from new developments- see graphs of the trillions of ISK lost in abyssal space, or cruiser types in abyssal space ranked by survival and loot rates as the numbers change.

The possibilities from an expanded WiS, where players could interact with others, conduct secret / hidden meetings, etc., are too numerous to begin to discuss here.

I wish we still had the captainā€™s quarters, and WiS was still in development.

2 Likes

True that, Burn Jita ruined so many childhood dreams :weary:

1 Like

Huh? Burn Jita is a childrens dream come true. Three days of banging all your toys together as hard as you can. And if one breaks you donā€™t get chided, but a gentle person tell you ā€œjob well doneā€ and hands you another stack of toys. And you can bring all your friends, and there is free toys for them too. Even the kids whom you donā€™t like very much can come and get free toys and play (or they can bring their own toys and do their own thing and that is fine too).

2 Likes

EVE is home of countless extremely beautiful and dead dreams!

3 Likes