CCP you did it wrong!

are you online? I’ll give you a hint.

Just bare with me. Got to download the new launcher :confused:

Eve is far from pay-to-win. So many people in here have said it better than I would. I’ve been playing for about 5yrs now and I’m also far from ever calling myself a bitter vet. There’s still a lot that I can try so that I don’t get burnt out on things, imo Eve is what you make of it.

When it comes to PvP, you can indeed have alot of skills injected and still loose a 1v1 to someone with not as much SP because having trained skills doesn’t mean you know how to actually fly the ship and know what to do.

3 Likes

To add to that, each ship only benefits from a certain number of skills. I have 85 mil SP, but only a fraction of that applies to my Executioner fit. All my battleship and large/medium weapon skills don’t mean squat.

4 Likes

Exactly! Thank you for adding that.

it still only shows you are a kid.

Everything costs more in Iceland, I think that Hilmar wants to cover his expenses, that is why he made EVE online full of stuff you can buy additionally to have slight advantage over the guy who grinds his life away in carrier doing 260M ticks.

They need to fund their VR projects. Hilmar himself said that CCP is a VR company.
EVE is in a slow development, low cost mode.

1 Like

You seem to be under the impression that they don’t.

Ive been around a good bit. Ive always thought eve was knowledge to win. No matter how much isk or rl cash you throw at the game you still need to know what you are doing to get anywhere worth mentioning.

3 Likes

EVE has been dying since 2003.

Check the legend on the chart.

I just realized that this was an updated chart.
Nice!
Now to find something that I haven’t done.

–Gadget, looking for a new hat to wear

1 Like

arguable
this is from the advertisement on the launcher

PLEX is power in EVE Online, allowing you to trade for in-game ISK and purchase Skill Injectors to fulfil your greatest potential.

starting to sound more p2w these days
this advert is clearly aimed at players who want to spend money for an advantage

1 Like

Yes, but that’s from the scumback marketing team. It’s consumer psychology they’re employing to get you to buy that. Something done by pretty much every one of those marketing guys to manipulate a possible consumer into buying something.

You have to differentiate between what it says and what it does. If you just go by the advert, then I could claim the same for every game out there that has some form of cash shop, no matter what they sell in there. Marketing team will be sure to have a phrase like that somewhere.

I agree with this part. CCP needs to hype something “NEW” in the works - even if they don’t know when it will arrive.

1 Like

Without change there can be only stagnation, and growth can not take place, eve is in many respects a living breathing entity. Change can be both good and bad, and which you perceive it as does not make it one or the other. Many of the current problems in EVE are a direct result of player actions, and although CCP may not be blameless, the Devs, programmers, artists, and all the staff care as, or more deeply about EVE as we the players do, their jobs literally depend on it, and they are humans just like you or I. This means they are limited by the same forces, time, technology, and economic restraints which apply to us all, some more than others. This being said I find it is best to try and be part of the solution not the problem.

It feels like CCP have marasmus. Disappointments, slow pace of everything, removals, sluggishness in reaction, exploits, bugs…

Hype will not help for those. They need better managers. You know how hard is to find good managers? They are already taken.

2 Likes

Know this a couple of days old tread but I still like to make an input on this one.

You are absolutely right. This will give someone an advantage, but the advantage will only be to the person that buys the plex compared to himself before buying the plex and then, the advantage will only be measured in time.

If two players start playing EvE at the same time, one is rich and the other is not, then the rich dude can say, I’m not going to waist any time on this. I’m going to spend some money on plex, get me some skills and by myself a Hulk.
In no way has the fact that one player now owns a Hulk, any bearing on the other guy’s ability to enjoy his time in EvE.
He might see if and think; one day I too will be flying one of those.

The only one ganing an advantage in this example is the rich kid sitting in his Hulk thinking to himself; glad I didn’t have to use several mouths to train for this.
But you know what? One day, the poor kid too will be sitting in a Hulk thinking to himself; Yes! I did it.

After a year, who of the two do you think has the biggest wealth in isk?
We don’t know, but what we do know is, that both players had their own journey to where they are now and that plex didn’t make it p2w for any of them.

Wrong example you say.
The rich kid bought a bling’d T3 ship, worth billions of isk. The poor kid can’t do that, ever.
Well one day the meet and the poor kid can only master a double web fitted Megatron, costing a fraction of the price.
Whom do you think will have more fun in that engagement?

Buying a bling’d ship in EvE is like buying a Ferrari in real life. Sure you can outrun most thing on the road and people might be jealous at you but that’s not p2w. Owning a Ferrari doesn’t make you Michael Schumacher so you won’t really win anything, except maybe pride.

I’ve been playing for 12 years, and i need to ask what kid of drugs you are on op? Eve is in no way pay to win. So who killed you because you did something stupid?

1 Like

I recently spotted a player few days old that was flying tengu. Do you think CCP have seen an oportunity when new players train for platform like tech 3 cruiser? CCP became focused on this class of ship recently.

1 Like